• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Marijuana Causing TMJ?

theduckopera

(I'm not 100% sure this is the right forum; if I've got it wrong, please feel free to shuffle it elsewhere!)

So I've been experimenting with marijuana for my fibromyalgia pain/fatigue/fog for two weeks now. For most of those weeks, I was using Cheeba Chew edibles (CBD for day, indica for night) and the Alta THCA tincture. Now my Solo has arrived, I've got a high-CBD strain for day, and an indica again for at night.

However, ever since my first night taking the indica chew, my jaw pain has flared up something chronic. I have a recurring habit of clenching my teeth at night/when I sleep, but it hasn't been a problem recently--or it hadn't, until I started medicating. Then it came back with a vengeance. Similarly, headaches are a pretty regular fact of life for me, but I am noticing that they're pretty much guaranteed after I vape.

I don't think this is related to my vaping technique, or my flowers, as the problem started with the edibles. Similarly, I don't think it's the edibles, as I'm not using them now but I've still got the problem; I think the TMJ might be getting better, but the headaches aren't. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there anything I can do? There's not much point to me vaping for pain relief if it just causes me more pain... :(

theduckopera,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
(I'm not 100% sure this is the right forum; if I've got it wrong, please feel free to shuffle it elsewhere!)

So I've been experimenting with marijuana for my fibromyalgia pain/fatigue/fog for two weeks now. For most of those weeks, I was using Cheeba Chew edibles (CBD for day, indica for night) and the Alta THCA tincture. Now my Solo has arrived, I've got a high-CBD strain for day, and an indica again for at night.

However, ever since my first night taking the indica chew, my jaw pain has flared up something chronic. I have a recurring habit of clenching my teeth at night/when I sleep, but it hasn't been a problem recently--or it hadn't, until I started medicating. Then it came back with a vengeance. Similarly, headaches are a pretty regular fact of life for me, but I am noticing that they're pretty much guaranteed after I vape.

I don't think this is related to my vaping technique, or my flowers, as the problem started with the edibles. Similarly, I don't think it's the edibles, as I'm not using them now but I've still got the problem; I think the TMJ might be getting better, but the headaches aren't. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there anything I can do? There's not much point to me vaping for pain relief if it just causes me more pain... :(
Sorry to hear of the difficulties! If you have jaw pain and headaches, you may grind you teeth at night (as do I). And aren't Cheeba Chews like tootsie rolls? If yes, that will definitely not help.

Long ago, I had a friend who was my dentist and he recommended I buy a mouthguard and go through the process to size it. Then wear it every night. He said it would cushion the impact of teeth crashing together and eliminate the wear of constant teeth to teeth grinding. He was right! No more headaches! No more jaw pain!

smallMain_0_10.jpg

(nothing fancy, just the one that fits on the top teeth is easiest and does the job).

Hope this helps you rid yourself of jaw pain and headaches!

theduckopera

Sorry to hear of the difficulties! If you have jaw pain and headaches, you may grind you teeth at night (as do I). And aren't Cheeba Chews like tootsie rolls? If yes, that will definitely not help.

Yeah, that's a good point--I was making sure I chewed them thoroughly, and that probably did nothing good for me. But last night I didn't have any jaw pain, then vaped maybe half a bowl of indica before sleeping, and woke up with huge jaw pain, and I just know I was clenching my teeth again. So I really think marijuana makes me clench my teeth, though I have no idea why. Maybe a mouthguard is worth looking into...where did you get yours from?

Thank you so much for the reply and the advice, by the way!

theduckopera,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Yeah, that's a good point--I was making sure I chewed them thoroughly, and that probably did nothing good for me. But last night I didn't have any jaw pain, then vaped maybe half a bowl of indica before sleeping, and woke up with huge jaw pain, and I just know I was clenching my teeth again. So I really think marijuana makes me clench my teeth, though I have no idea why. Maybe a mouthguard is worth looking into...where did you get yours from?

Thank you so much for the reply and the advice, by the way!
No problem. Glad to help!

Any sports store sells them, but more expensive than Walmart or Target. I get mine for a $1 - $2 each. (buy 2 the first time, in case the sizing goes awry).

Hope this helps!

DDave,
Top Bottom