Marijuana Can Make You Skinny and Fit - Grow Marijuana At Home and Glow Your Body

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I've been around the block a few times. A few really different neighborhoods, too.

After pulling all grains/glutens/sugars out of my regular diet, I've had a couple of chronic, nearly life-long maladies die down to nearly nuthin'.

I now consider grains & seeds to be cheap, low-quality filler. Increases a company's bottom line, increases MY bottom, and fools people into thinking that they have eaten food.

I eat food now.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I used to be a fast food junkie. Once I took a train just for eating some KFC.. They buzz both mind and body from MSG and high saturated fat content, but side effects makes it not worth it for me. I can't consciously poison myself for cheap pleasure anymore :D

There is better ways, do your own not so junk food

My home made chicken, that I get golden brown without any oil is both really tender, tasty and easy to digest. At least I know it is not some crippled tortured chicken coming from a steel box.

You can find healthier alternatives for every kind of crap your crave

Tweek

I wouldn't go as far as calling grains & seeds cheap filler. Agriculture is part of the reason humans managed to evolve and grow. I do understand that many have issues with gluten, and whatnot, but there is valuable fiber and other nutrients in many different grains.

It is how they are utilized (and underutilized) that is the problem.

olivianewtonjohn

I know there was some earlier talk about GI index and I wanted to say that eating brown rice vs white rice or sweet potato vs white potato is ignorant. Both have different nutrients and are natural. Going by the GI index is a very flawed approach unless you are someone who fasted all night and is only eating that one particular food (mixing with other foods changes the rate) since that is how it is measured.

http://alanaragon.com/glycemic-index

Also demonizing any group of food such as fats or carbs is counterproductive. Instead having a balanced approach is best. No group of food makes someone fat, there

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I find it hard to believe that mj use somehow makes it easier to avoid being overweight. Also don't buy that (long term anyway) the proven help for appetite with mj use makes it harder to keep the weight off. It could be that the stats for less obesity among users is due to substituting the mj habit for the eating habit, if the person is just searching for some level of satisfaction or distraction from life's worries. :shrug:

I agree. Rather than substituting MJ for food, it is more likely that a lot of people substitute MJ for alcohol which is very high in calories.

Personally, the more I indulge in MJ the more weight I gain. Purely from the munchies.

deadheadbill,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I know there was some earlier talk about GI index and I wanted to say that eating brown rice vs white rice or sweet potato vs white potato is ignorant. Both have different nutrients and are natural. Going by the GI index is a very flawed approach unless you are someone who fasted all night and is only eating that one particular food (mixing with other foods changes the rate) since that is how it is measured.

Also demonizing any group of food such as fats or carbs is counterproductive. Instead having a balanced approach is best. No group of food makes someone fat, there

The voice of reason

Roger D,

Tweek

Someone else who knows Alan's work! Do you follow Lyle Mcdonald at all? A difficult chap to get along with, but some great research.

Edit: Wonder if we could merge this thread into a "nutrition corner" type deal? I love talking about physiology and nutritional science.

Tweek,

olivianewtonjohn

Someone else who knows Alan's work! Do you follow Lyle Mcdonald at all? A difficult chap to get along with, but some great research.

Edit: Wonder if we could merge this thread into a "nutrition corner" type deal? I love talking about physiology and nutritional science.
Hell yeah man. Im on bodybuilding.com too

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: Tweek

natural farmer

I've been around the block a few times. A few really different neighborhoods, too.

After pulling all grains/glutens/sugars out of my regular diet, I've had a couple of chronic, nearly life-long maladies die down to nearly nuthin'.

I now consider grains & seeds to be cheap, low-quality filler. Increases a company's bottom line, increases MY bottom, and fools people into thinking that they have eaten food.

I eat food now.

The 80/10/10 diet and The China Study were two of books that changed my life in so many ways to the better... :) It could change yours too if you give it a chance... :nod: A couple of months could be enough to convince you to never go back to processed food ever again... :2c: Slim, fit and thriving the way nature has designed us to be through millions of years of evolution! Carb up and never see those bottoms increasing ever again!

natural farmer,
I've been having good results with a diet of red meat,D-bol,Winstrol and animal stimulant. It's kinda like the Atkins diet but with less calorie watching and way more fits of blind rage. Keeps me in fighting shape! Good thing too,if I show even the slightest weakness the Wife will kick my ass...

olivianewtonjohn

lol I used to spend all day on BB.com years ago. I finally broke free...
Lately this site has become the new bb for me lol

I've been having good results with a diet of red meat,D-bol,Winstrol and animal stimulant. It's kinda like the Atkins diet but with less calorie watching and way more fits of blind rage. Keeps me in fighting shape! Good thing too,if I show even the slightest weakness the Wife will kick my ass...
LMAO

olivianewtonjohn,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
The 80/10/10 diet and The China Study were two of books that changed my life in so many ways to the better... :) It could change yours too if you give it a chance... :nod: A couple of months could be enough to convince you to never go back to processed food ever again... :2c: Slim, fit and thriving the way nature has designed us to be through millions of years of evolution! Carb up and never see those bottoms increasing ever again!
I mentioned what works for me, and what my conclusions are, for me.

I would not make a recommendation for anyone else, beyond "find what works for you". So, thanks, but no.

Enchantre,

natural farmer

I mentioned what works for me, and what my conclusions are, for me.

I would not make a recommendation for anyone else, beyond "find what works for you". So, thanks, but no.

I understand how you might have taken this, but the plain truth is that we all belong to the human species so we have the same exact nutritional needs for millions of years now. Food selection should slightly vary depending on the environment but the bases of human nutrition haven't changed since we came down from the trees... :)
MJ has been with us since the dawn of man too, thank "god"! :D

natural farmer,

Tweek

I understand how you might have taken this, but the plain truth is that we all belong to the human species so we have the same exact nutritional needs for millions of years now. Food selection should slightly vary depending on the environment but the bases of human nutrition haven't changed since we came down from the trees... :)
MJ has been with us since the dawn of man too, thank "god"! :D

Our nutritional needs are set by the environment we evolved in. So no...we don't all have the exact same nutritional needs. For example, the Inuit consume a diet primarily made up of protein and fats. In North America alone, the population boomed due to agricultural development. Two different societies eating and thriving in different ways.

Edit: I might also add, that my father's blood pressure and high cholesterol went back to healthy levels once he dropped a majority of processed carbs out of his diet and went mainly high fat/protein. Another friend of mine, had to cut back the amount of fat and protein, and increase his healthy carbs for the same result. I also meet people all the time with Celiac and other allergies. Everyone is different.

natural farmer

Our nutritional needs are set by the environment we evolved in. So no...we don't all have the exact same nutritional needs. For example, the Inuit consume a diet primarily made up of protein and fats. In North America alone, the population boomed due to agricultural development. Two different societies eating and thriving in different ways.

Edit: I might also add, that my father's blood pressure and high cholesterol went back to healthy levels once he dropped a majority of processed carbs out of his diet and went mainly high fat/protein. Another friend of mine, had to cut back the amount of fat and protein, and increase his healthy carbs for the same result. I also meet people all the time with Celiac and other allergies. Everyone is different.

Our nutritional needs, just like with any other species has been set long ago through millions of years of evolution my friend... :myday: Changes and mutations in organisms happen over a span of millions of years especially in the case of complicated ones like humans and not just a few thousand years like you are implying with one indian paradigm and the North Americans. In the North american paradigm you mentioned specifically, do you really think population overgrowth has anything to do with thriving as an organism or as individuals? Modern reality says different and so says the bloody history of all the great civilisations before ours... :(
I won't go into personal stories that we cannot have a whole idea of but high cholesterol is just one aspect of a person's health. We need to go deep into the diet history of a person to say what really spiked his cholesterol... I am sure it wasn't thanks to his raw fruit and veggies eating habits, was it now? Most possibly it was a combination of the processed carbs and certainly the fat percentage in those processed carbs (sweets?)! ;)

natural farmer,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
It is tough to see people saying wrong until you realise we are all always wrong, its just the distance from reality that is changing. The point is to reveal the reality to our understanding. 100% right is a mathematical thing, and not everything is, or at least not at a point we can understand.

It is tough to see people saying wrong until you realise we are all always wrong, its just the distance from reality that is changing. The point is to reveal the reality to our understanding. 100% right is a mathematical thing, and not everything is, or at least not at a point we can understand.
That's pretty deep man,kudos!
Wonder if that logic would work on a cop? They're kind of human,aren't they?

ShipDit,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Thanks, I appreciate ! That logic is part of my up to come publication. You got me on showing some.

CANNABIS CAN BE A CLEAN MEDICINE : PREFACE _ PREVIEW

The opinion on complex things change. Cannabis is a plant who has been strongly discredited with public opinion manipulation techniques, the key is to make cannabis look dirty, unhealthy, and never show a clean, serious image. We are all always wrong, its just the distance from reality that is changing. The point is to reveal the reality to our understanding. 100% right is a mathematical thing, and not everything is, or at least not at a point we can understand.

Posology is individual and cannabis is a complex subject. While I am going to report mainly based on my personal experience, I will keep in mind what I observed when I discussed with other users, medicinal or not.

I use dry flowers, rich in resins. The principal reason I medicate is to help me release some of the nervous tensions that my fast metabolism continually generates, to a painful point.

For months, I have been monitoring the exact daily amount of materials I was consuming each day, then I started weighting precisely each load and reporting it on a data sheet with time record.

I started with a relatively large time scale, but, with my experiments going on, I feel like I always have to go deeper and analyze what I am taking in in a smaller time scale. It seems like tolerance is having effects on a shorter term that I used to think.

Effects strongly depends on how fast the intake is, relatively to the user personal tolerance. Too slow and you will stay under medicated, while too fast can lead to an energy and blood tension drop, the inability to perform optimally, higher tolerance to the product, diminishing the short term potency.

Here, actually, the main way to discover that you may use some of the molecules from this plant for your own good, is to try it in a way that is impossible to control, leading to all sorts of unpleasant secondary effects. If you consider how the main user consumes, the medicine inside the plant is so powerful that it still seems like a good trade to get theses secondary effects for the primary effect.

What if you can get only what you want, and never be bothered by all the secondary effects ? It is now possible. One promise, your lungs, sensitive or not, are going to response positively to this new form of medication. After years of personal R&D I have simple and practical solutions that everybody can use with a little work and motivation.

Roger D.

I am currently working hard on this, the insanity has to stop.

natural farmer

I don't want to argue. I get heated in these things. All I will say...

There are no absolutes. Everyone is different.

I will agree on that, the key thing to look though is how different... We don't expect a cow or a dog to change their eating habits when we move them to another environment do we? The cow remains a grass eater and the dog a carnivore. They could eat anything to survive but they would never thrive through their diet. Just surviving. I won't argue any more either. Maybe at a later time in a more appropriate thread... :)
All I have to say now is that you can't expect to eat wrong and let cannabis do the dirty job. It could help with certain aspects but it can't be the magic weed. Nothing is. We live in a synergistic world and we are far away from understanding all it's synergies. And why should we if I may add? It's been a fun ride not knowing and a pretty rough ride ever since we "knew"... :2c:

natural farmer,
Reactions: ataxian

Tweek

I will agree on that, the key thing to look though is how different... We don't expect a cow or a dog to change their eating habits when we move them to another environment do we? The cow remains a grass eater and the dog a carnivore. They could eat anything to survive but they would never thrive through their diet. Just surviving. I won't argue any more either. Maybe at a later time in a more appropriate thread... :)

That was never the point of the debate. The point was that you cannot expect one approach to work for everyone. We are all different. What works for you won't work for me and alot of this comes from genetics, and genetics are influenced by the environment we evolved in. The debate had nothing at all to do with changing someones eating habits overnight via environment. This takes time and does happen. It's called evolution. We are not all evolving at the same rate or in the same direction.

Tweek,

natural farmer

That was never the point of the debate. The point was that you cannot expect one approach to work for everyone. We are all different. What works for you won't work for me and alot of this comes from genetics, and genetics are influenced by the environment we evolved in. The debate had nothing at all to do with changing someones eating habits overnight via environment. This takes time and does happen. It's called evolution. We are not all evolving at the same rate or in the same direction.

We agree on the genetics being not pre-deterministic according to most modern studies. You get a pre-disposition for sure but it is the environment that will play the final part in the play. Your parents might all have cholesterol but if your diet doesn't support it you will never have any. So, yes we are all different cause we live in different environments and have different living habits but that has nothing to do with our nutritional needs as a species! We are primarily frugivores and nothing can change that in a few thousand years. The Masai might drink blood and eat meat for some hundreds of years but that doesn't make them a paradigm, it makes them an exclusion.
When the nutritional needs are met then we can talk about what else is wrong with us and if cannabis or any other specific substance is helping or not... So, to sum it up, yes. One approach CAN work for anyone if they belong to the same species. It just depends on the approach and it's extend...

natural farmer,

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Since I have GI issues (Nausea etc ) I Vape before eating sooo I just get the muchies I just eat the food I was going to eat anyways! So I too have lost weight since I started regular usage. So I guess I agree you can lose weight.. As some even have surpressed my appetite which gives my GI track a rest from the beatings lol

Top Bottom