Marijuana Can Make You Skinny and Fit - Grow Marijuana At Home and Glow Your Body

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have no idea what GI index is, but if it has anything to do with weight(wich your other post is about), then it means I should probably eat more whole wheat bread, because I'm pretty sure my BMI is too low, and as far as I know I'm still 55 kg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The glycemic index, glycaemic index, or GI is the measurement of glucose (blood sugar) level increase from carbohydrate consumption. Foods raise glucose to varying levels. It estimates how much each gram of available carbohydrate (total carbohydrate minus fiber) in a food raises a person's blood glucose level following consumption of the food, relative to consumption of pure glucose.[1] Glucose has a glycemic index of 100, by definition, and other foods have a lower glycemic index.

Glycemic index is defined for each type of food, independent of the amount of food consumed.
Glycemic load accounts for the amount of food consumed and is calculated in terms of glycemic index.

ataxian,
Reactions: CA5H

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Ataxian, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on nutrition. I went milk free some weeks back and it's nice. I'm looking into reducing my wheat intake as well.

Good suggestions man.

I would postulate that one of the reasons users of medicinal cannabis are thinner is their lack of alcohol intake. Generally cannabis users report less of a desire to drink heavily after consuming their substance of choice.

I'm looking into that Wheat Belly book you posted as well :)

Steele Concept,
Reactions: Puffers
I wonder if it's simply the act of smoking whether it be tobacco or thc? It would be interesting to see what the rates for cig smokers vs non cig smokers vs thc smokers vs non thc smokers.

The reason I wonder is because I have heard of plenty of people who gained a significant amount of weight when they quit tobacco.
Tobacco would suppress your appetite due to the nicotine in tobacco, and even more added nicotine in ciggies. Nicotine is a stimulant, which, just like coffee, Ritalin or cocaine, reduces one's appetite.

Anyway, cheers! Have a great night everybody, this next ones for all of you here on this thread.

Hightened_Mind,
I only just realized this after reading this thread, but I'm pretty sure that since I've started using cannabis I've been eating a whole ton while I'm high, but eating very little (less than before) whenever I'm not high. I definitely "stress eat" so what I think is happening is that now I'm less stressed since I started sing cannabis, so I don't have to eat as much to soothe the stress. That would be nice.

Hightened_Mind,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
As of today, I've only gained 2 pounds. I weigh 120 now. I did get a blood test, and found out I am, in fact, Hyperthyroid now due to taking too high a dose of Synthroid. My doctor lowered the dose, but I still have no appetite, even using cannabis on a daily basis. I go back for more blood tests in a month.

Vicki,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I would postulate that one of the reasons users of medicinal cannabis are thinner is their lack of alcohol intake. Generally cannabis users report less of a desire to drink heavily after consuming their substance of choice.

Interesting hypothesis, I know personally I consume little alcohol. Normally no more then 2 beers tops in an evening, usually i average 2 drinks a week or less. I could probably count the times I have been actually drunk in the last five years on one hand :lol:

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
It's not just the caloric content of alcohol, people should eat when they drink and often don't eat enough to absorb the alcohol. A hangover means someone probably isn't exercising the next morning or eating well either.

Basically I'm saying its the boozey apathy and eating shitty food that come with getting drunk. At least that's my two cents... I think more health conscious people would choose a joint over empty calories, like Arnold in Pumping Iron, hehehe. Lifestyle stuff.

Steele Concept,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ataxian, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on nutrition. I went milk free some weeks back and it's nice. I'm looking into reducing my wheat intake as well.

Good suggestions man.

I'm looking into that Wheat Belly book you posted as well :)

Thanks!

I find also my desire to drink alcohol is gone. I might have 1/2 glass of really good Cabernet at most from time to time.

The book "Wheat Belly" is a well written book on nutrition.
Written by a MD and put in a easy format to follow.

ataxian,

mscm888

I stopped taking my doctor prescribed pills when I started using MMJ. I have since lost 30 pounds over the past year. I didn't even try hard.

One thing I noticed is munchies died down after my tolerance built up. I also noticed my body craved healthy food and water much more than I ever have in the past.

mscm888,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I stopped taking my doctor prescribed pills when I started using MMJ. I have since lost 30 pounds over the past year. I didn't even try hard.

One thing I noticed is munchies died down after my tolerance built up. I also noticed my body craved healthy food and water much more than I ever have in the past.
Same here!

ataxian,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I also find when I'm regularly exercising my body tends to crave healthier food, similar to mscm888's experience with pharmaceauticals. Congrats on the weight loss mscm888!

As I stated earlier, I just think it's lifestyle... Exercise, eating right, good sleeping habits, relaxation techniques like yoga/meditation, healthy social life etc. If someone has a passion for a career, business or focus in life in their spare time they are probably going to pursue that instead of geting hammered, maybe smoke/vape once in a while.

A few drinks of alcohol lasts a lot longer than does a few puffs of medicinal cannabis. Alcohol takes a toll on ones body and mind, cannabis tends to be more relaxing.

Steele Concept,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Don't forget your vegetables !

I sprinkle jojoba and hemp oil all over it when its warm but I don't heat oils as possible

Zookeeper

I lose fat from MJ also, it regulates my eating (cant eat til I've vaped, cant vape til I've earned it) and also gives me something to do besides force myself to eat when i dont even feel like it. I also have a theory that you get more of a workout when extremely vaped out, it definitely feels like your body is getting worked harder!

Zookeeper,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Yea Its for external use, I use it for my skin when I feel dehydrated, or irritated. Mostly for my hands. Its cheaper than most commercial shit if you got plans to get some, and its a sort of miracle product, penetrate instantly and stuff.
I use it to lubricate my tools too since its bio and it does not deteriorate over time. Its a really uncommon oil, a waxy dry oil.

I tried to taste some yesterday, without searching before like a noob, but it was not a good idea apparently ! The taste was good but after your comment I searched, the product is not digestible, not toxic either but not a good idea to eat.
I was thinking vegetable oils are consumable but apparently its not always the case.

Anyway, hemp oil owns, I love that buttery taste.

About the topic, I'm getting lazy thin, maybe I should put some muscles before the winter. I need to restart exercising. What I love about my metabolism it that I can lose fat very easy but I keep my muscles. But its really tough to put on weight.

Roger D,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I have also noticed the appetite suppression effects of a good Indica/CBD-heavy med.

For me, also, as a life-long anxiety eater,* the calming, the lack of "noise" in my head, has cut way, way down on my nervous snacking.

*I tried diet pills a couple of times. They made me so incredibly anxious, I ate twice as much/twice as fast!

Enchantre,
Reactions: Vicki

Tweek

Glycemic index is handy, especially if you are a diabetic, but not always accurate in every situation. Keep in mind that what you combine with any given food affects its glycemic index. For example, eating a highly processed, sugary food with one that is high in fat or fiber, will significantly slow down it's internal absorption rate.

Some of the best advice I ever got (and sadly ignored most of my life)...eat more fiber. This will naturally gravitate you to more veggies and unprocessed foods as well.

Tweek,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Since I'm medicating properly with strict control and perfect hygiene, I have never been so fit. No fat what's however. I feel great.

Tweek, GI is really important, it's one thing everyone must be conscious about

Roger D,

elevation

I never thought about it this way, and i have some friends who don't like to eat healthy at all, but i am pretty conscious about what i eat. I believe raw food is really important. I like to eat a lot of fruit and veggies.

I heard that raw foods are far more easy for the body to recognize than high processed foods. And i really like the idea of eating raw food. It makes me feel good about myself. I would really love to try a whole raw food diet for a couple of months, to see what it would do for my body and mind.

This is a step i am not ready to take yet, but i am sure that i will do this at one point.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Never good to do any kind of regimen 100%
Overall moderation and attention to quality pays

Watch what you eat, avoid toxins build up

Don't forget to enjoy everything you eat, this must not be a chore, a sustainable way is to train yourself to like healthy food.

elevation

I do not believe in moderation very much, although i do use moderation myself (Because i am not strong enough!). Moderation is poisoning yourself just a little bit of everything. I cant believe this is healthy.

This is just what my beliefs are at the moment. I do want to convince anyone of it either, i might be wrong. If you have good evidence to prove me wrong, please show me!

Edit: I still enjoy the bad things in life too much to give them up as well. A five guys burger is not easy to give up once in a while!

Tweek

Tweek, GI is really important, it's one thing everyone must be conscious about

That's debatable and has been for a while among the nutritionist gurus. Great if it works for you, but it is a flawed science that too many people get hung up on IMO. Very much in the same way as BMI measurements.

A cube of sugar vs a cup of spinach. The sugar is empty calories, and can cause insulin spikes if eaten alone, etc, etc. Combine that with the cup of spinach, and all of a sudden your sugar has added fiber and nutrition from the spinach. GI suddenly starts to get more complicated and not so accurate anymore.

What can folks learn from this? It is important to understand how what you eat effects your body, but you can still enjoy your treats too. It is about balance...not getting caught up in numbers and figures. I lost over 50 lbs one year and I still ate Big Macs and ice cream :D I exercised, monitored my calories until I got a good gauge of portion sizes and stayed active. A yearly physical keeps me abreast of other issues and I adjust my lifestyle accordingly. Of course everyone's needs will be unique, but I think it highlights the needs for balance if one is to be successful in their weight loss and good health.

Tweek,
Reactions: Roger D

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Thanks for the precisions ;)

Theses things are just indexes values, GI, BMI.. Not precise but still handy, and I don't think it hurts to learn about these theories, except if you take it too far and get obsessive.

I only eat healthy and home made food. I try to avoid any toxins, while cooking appealing stuff so I don't feel like restricting myself.

For me moderation doesn't mean eating everything you want and only watching quantity without paying attention to the quality.

Roger D,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

I do agree, learning about as much as you can is invaluable. I learned early on how bad it can be to become obsessed with weight...

Quality is good, but I need my occasional dose of crap too. :smug:

Top Bottom