1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Marijuana Breathalyzers

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by Shooby, Dec 20, 2017.

1. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I think they were trying to appeal to young people going to the University. They probably wanted to sound hip. It depends on the audience. It sounds ridiculous to us, I will admit.

2. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

.................................................................................
    X2
    ECS and ECS Deficiency is really the key to it all. When we get into "preventative value" of cannabis thru supplementing deficient ECS folks (almost everyone) then we are there. Then we prevent instead of trying to cure AFTER the heavy damage has been done.

Like you said, the priority goes to how can we arrest those that are over "D". :(

3. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

utopia central! people helping people help other people who need help helping other people who keep helping others until everyone is sitting there with no one else to healp!... the outright goal of an enlightened society run by love and grace instead of greed and fear... measure a mans bio-active metabolites and help him adjust to healthy levels instead of shoot him! I mean why are people confused about this?I mean people are not willing to explore their inner alchemist..
    I'd like to be in a society with less fear from the fear of being caught with bio-actives in them = what a sick ass joke on society playing chemical bio identifying games with our anatomy and bio-chemical signalling capabilities... add signalling capability with that pant and go to jail LOFL! that signal is your health stupid authority figure... the authority figures have those signals too ( I guess??)

JCat, MinnBobber, CarolKing and 2 others like this.
  4. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

You have to reach the tipping point, where the masses reverse roles and actualize the potential of the collective consciousness instead of relying on the media for reinforcement of bad habits which keep people stuck in their rut.

Most folks don't even have the will power to do a 24 hour fast yet, so inner alchemy experiments are probably a ways away but it doesn't matter, we can never underestimate the power of planting a seed! Plant these seeds and thoughts will bloom.

I actually believe a large portion needs mind expanding substances as step one so they can begin the reintroduction process with natural law. There is a mental comfort barrier I see that keeps people afraid to think outside their doctors box.

5. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Marijuana breathalyzers are simply money extraction tools. It doesn't matter if they work in a logical or accurate way. It only matters that they can provide 'so called evidence' as a reason to arrest cannabis users.

:2c:

ambertrichome, JCat and Rebelistic like this.
  6. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

invertedisdead and steama like this.
  7. steama

steama Well-Known Member

There is also a huge business invested in promoting the idea that people are helpless. More than a few religions do their business this way too.

C No Ego, Squiby and invertedisdead like this.
  8. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Welp, my #1 spot for sessioning is in my car. It works for me for several reasons. Guess Ill just have to start stashing a bottle of Listerine next to the Clear Eyes.

9. Rocor

Rocor New Member

You folks should do some research .. there is at this point two types of breathalyzer .. one that just determines if you have smoked weed , and one that can test for impaiment.. Weed shows up in your system for many hours and in the case of daily use may never be out of your system .. you would always test positive for THC

The breathalyzer that will " will " be able to identify if you are impaied is only in the third stages of development..,once developed then THC users will,only need to fear it's use if operating a vehicle or spot checked at work " for impairment " it's development would most likely be heralded by workers who can't test positive for any THC in their system.

It is not a handheld at this time .. about as big as a small fridge .. uses mass spectrometry .. they intend on getting it down to a handheld but as it sits will be good for the cop shop .. when you are tagged in the field for Drinking a blow at the cop shop on a calibrated unit is usually in order .. what wiould be the difference ..

Stock ticker for such a machine BLO .. Canadian Stock .. runs up and down with the MJ stocks, but really is a tech stock.

Check it out ...

Summer likes this.
  10. Rocor

Rocor New Member

11. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Where I live (Israel) you are not allowed to drive within 6 hours of cannabis use.

The current law does not specify how to know if someone used a vape 4-5 hours ago or took a HUGE edible dose.

The fact that I am a medical user who uses 70 grams (what I am allowed by Ministry of Health) a month and I can not imagine a test that would pick up vaping 4 hours ago and not give false positives due to the constant THC floating around in my system.

For the safety of everyone involved, I hope that adequate tests are available so impaired drivers do not drive.

ambertrichome, Alexis and Jill NYC like this.
  12. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

There are certain levels in the blood that reduce rapidly after use. Anything over 5 nanograms is unlikely to happen after an hour after use. Blood levels can be used to prove very recent use. (If high enough.) For longer than an hour, they can use other methods--depending on the cost/value of proving up the crime. For instance, I await the day when someone kills another on the road and the authorities, because of the seriousness with the death, do a real investigation. There, they might interview people, look at video, get cell records and, maybe, get the vaping record from your app-equipped vape. While they might not do that in a simple driving under the influence case, you never know when The Man is going to start getting serious in dealing with violations of the law. If drugged driving becomes a problem, the police use the basic tools at their disposal to stomp on it.

[​IMG]

Edit:
    Article on the subject out yesterday.
    https://www.wired.com/story/why-no-gadget-can-prove-how-stoned-you-are/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    ambertrichome, Mulchmaker and Squiby like this.
  13. islandgrower

islandgrower New Member

I love God's Gift strain. It can be easily vaporized. Moreover, it can be vaped in public without any problems.

14. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

VapourHaze likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors