[Manufacturers] Beta Tester Search

nonamekevin

Hey friends,

I understand there are several members on here who have acted as beta testers for upcoming vapes and accessories, so I'm wondering if there is a running list of those members? I have some ideas, and have commissioned some pieces to be made that I would be interested in receiving feedback on.

If a list doesn't exist, would it be beneficial to start one? In my opinion, the people who have done beta testing would have to be confirmed by the manufacturer as a legitimate tester and verified by a mod/staff member to be added to the list. I don't see the list as much different compared to a buyer/seller feedback type of list, just a way for manufacturers and creators to reach out to those who are known as a legitimate resource.

Any thoughts? If this isn't the right spot, or I missed a previous thread, my apologies. :rockon:

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I don't think there's a list, but I don't see the harm in starting one!
But how does one become a beta tester? Is it something you have to ask to become, or do you get asked after you own a certain amount of vapes?

nonamekevin

I don't think there's a list, but I don't see the harm in starting one!
But how does one become a beta tester? Is it something you have to ask to become, or do you get asked after you own a certain amount of vapes?
That's a good question. I haven't started to reach out to anyone, but I think I would start with members who have a long history on the forum, and are active contributors. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if those two criteria are enough on there own to determine someone's ability to provide meaningful feedback, or if those people would even be interested in being beta testers. That's where a list of verified testers would be beneficial. It would list what products they have been testers for, assuming the product has been released and they can discuss it. I understand some may have done some beta testing but are held to NDAs.

Maybe some people who have done beta testing before could chime in on their thoughts of a dedicated list.

Mods - After taking another look, this thread might be more appropriate in the community discussion forum. I'll leave it to your discretion where this thread should be placed. :rockon:

ginolicious

To become a beta tester the manufacturer just usually approaches people on the board via PM or starts a thread. I speak from experience. I also believe that if the company is seeking a tester they sometimes ask the mods as well who they feel would be suitable before reaching out.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
That's a good question. I haven't started to reach out to anyone, but I think I would start with members who have a long history on the forum, and are active contributors. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if those two criteria are enough on there own to determine someone's ability to provide meaningful feedback, or if those people would even be interested in being beta testers. That's where a list of verified testers would be beneficial. It would list what products they have been testers for, assuming the product has been released and they can discuss it. I understand some may have done some beta testing but are held to NDAs.

Maybe some people who have done beta testing before could chime in on their thoughts of a dedicated list.

Mods - After taking another look, this thread might be more appropriate in the community discussion forum. I'll leave it to your discretion where this thread should be placed. :rockon:
Check the quality of posts. Most long term members have provided feedback of some type for vapes they use

nonamekevin

To become a beta tester the manufacturer just usually approaches people on the board via PM or starts a thread. I speak from experience. I also believe that if the company is seeking a tester they sometimes ask the mods as well who they feel would be suitable before reaching out.
The process you described, sounds like what I'm suggesting becomes documented in a dedicated thread.

Check the quality of posts. Most long term members have provided feedback of some type for vapes they use
That could be quite a time sink given the number of vapes on the market and the number of threads, no? The list would act as a starting point for those looking for potential testers.

This would be a voluntary list only of course. If you want to be recognized as a beta tester, then you would go through the verification process. If you don't want to be included, no worries at all.

Keep the feedback coming. If you think a list is a waste of time, if you think it's a good idea, let me know. This thread is simply a feeler to see if such a list would benefit the community. :rockon:

Edit: grammer

nonamekevin,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Generally the manufacturer has specific members in mind that they think would be a good fit for evaluating their vaporizer. That usually comes from just hanging out here and getting a feel for the nuances of how people like to vape.

:2c:

strech

I've never tested a vape. But have beta tester/ field trailed many products, machines and tools. Usually the manufacturer/supplier will request qualified testers. One of the perks of going to expos and trade shows was signing up for beta testing and samples!

A thread with names might be useful but a thread requesting testers would be just as useful.

nonamekevin

I appreciate everyone's input on the topic. It sounds like the consensus is, a dedicated list of beta testers wouldnt be too beneficial at this time.

Would anyone be surprised if I said this was my first and only idea that wasn't a million dollar idea?? :\

Thanks again homies. :leaf:

nonamekevin,
Top Bottom