Making Duf Butter

Troi

Hey all,

I just weighed out my stash of duf, and it came out too be 155 grams :) I think its time to make some butter.

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a good guide, or critique my plan?

My Questions:

How much better should i use for this, and should it be salted or unsalted.
How long should i boil the butter duff water

My plan

-Bring A large pot of water to a boil, and then put on medium heat.

-Add butter till melted.

-Add duff

-cook for 30 minutes.

-with cheese cloth separate the plant material

-let butter/water separate in fridge.

-peel of duff butter

Thanks

Troi

Troi,

lepstadder

Use about 2 and a half sticks

Your recipe is perfect

( I boil for 3 hours, dont know if it makes a difference)

Just Remember!!!!

do not cover and boil (it may form an emulsion)

Boil a bit of extra water to run through the cheescloth and the duff to try and remove as much butter as possible

lepstadder,

EitherOr

I've tried several methods, including some posted here an now use a combination method. I think in the end it comes down to personal preference and what is easiest for you.
Basically I use a 'double boiler' to heat pure unsalted butter. I boil water in a pot then place a metal bowl or smaller pot into the boiling water and placing your butter into the second bowl. This helps prevent the butter from burning and lets you control temps without drastic heat spikes.
After my butter is all nice and melted, i place a 50/50 mix of fresh material with my vaped duff into the butter. This is surely a personal preference, but to me it helps with smell, taste and appearance. I then heat the butter for anywhere from 30mins to 1 hour depending on the amount of material and butter.
Once the butter is thickened, frothy, and darkened in color, i taste it. At this point i either continue to heat it or remove it from heat. The taste I am looking for is a slightly earthy canna taste, if you taste more butter than anything it prob needs more time.

I then strain all material out and place the liquid butter in my refrigerator for use in recipes, cooking, or toast! Once it has cooled it has a green hue to it and the smell of cannabutter is evident.

To me this is easier than combining butter with water or the frying pan/oil method. But thats my preference!

As far as your plan goes, i think it will work fine! In my experience the main difference in all the methods used is potency and quality, but ultimately they all work in achieving the main goal. making cannabutter.
Just try them all out if you can and see what works best for you!

EitherOr,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Can anyone offer any input or advice on making cannabutter using only ABV? My main concern is the smell, I have roommates who don't want the place smelling all day. I would imagine it would smell the same as it does now, like vaped herb, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I haven't really found anything that focused on baking with only vpaed herb so I hope this can catch on and help others.:peace:

modnote: Try this search. :)
31864085.png

AgentofChaos,
Top Bottom