Making Canna Capsules with CO2 oil

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I am trying to make some canna caps with my CO2 oil and I seem to be hung up on the math. I was hoping someone with better math skills may be willing to help.

Here's my list I'm working with:

1 gram activated CO2 oil - 69% THC so I believe roughly 690mg
Size "00" gelatin capsules - that claim to hold 600-1100mg My goal is to make 70 capsule(69 if easier for calculating sake)
Bottle of liquid Sunflower Lecithin
Jar of Coconut Oil
4 mL size plastic pipettes - for filling capsules
Cap M Quick capsule maker machine
1 60 mL/2 oz measuring cup(like the size of a shot glass)

I am unsure of how much coconut oil and sunflower lecithin to add to fill the capules about 95% or so full. Not trying to have them "leak out" while capping so I figure on not filling them to the brim.

With the above given information, can anyone guide me on how much coconut oil and sunflower lecithin mL to add to my CO2 oil?
I would greatly appreciate any help!!

Silver420Surfer,

4tokin

70 capsules from 1 gram of oil seems to be a very low dose.

Each 00 cap holds around 1 gram of coconut oil so all up you need around 70g of coconut oil.
I do not use lecithin as the coconut oil has its own MCT's.
I would heat the coconut oil then dissolve your CO2 oil into the coconut oil and stir and stir some more. You want your CO2 oil evenly dispersed so stir some more.
Then I pour the oil onto a plate so it is about 5 mm thick, to cool. Once chilled and solid then I press the empty gell caps (big end only) into the oil, cooky cutter style to fill them. I find this method of filling to be fuss free.

Hope it all makes sense

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Thanks for the response @4tokin!

For whatever reason(me not smart), I was hung up on the total amt of coconut oil to add, you're reply got me over that. Thanks again, man.

That will give me 70 capsule, of 10mg thc per cap.
Not the most potent I know, but these are for medicating not recreational usage. A smaller doseage will help better for relatively new-to-cannabis person.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: 4tokin
Top Bottom