1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Making BHO with traditional hashes. . .

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by treeman, Jan 13, 2013.

1. treeman

treeman Well-Known Member

Hi all, since about last July I started making my own BHO (which I fucking love!!), however recently, my supply has dwindled and with skunk being sooo ridiculously overpriced here making my own BHO out of grass is simply not an option.
    However, I have recently been able to get some okay quality pollen, like Moroccan hash style stuff. Now obviously it is much more dense than traditional buds so I would need several ounces to fill an extractor but besides that I reckon it should work? I'd love to see what the end result would be like. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had ever tried such a thing.

I mean like this kinda' hash, mine isnt as good as this though.

[​IMG]

215z likes this.
  2. Doug

Doug Just passing time

I would imagine the yield will be ridiculously high compared to using bud. I hope you try, and if you do, please post some results!

3. Globbs

Globbs Active Member

I have had great success cutting my flowers with ground up bubble hash. Yield percentages are definitely increased.
    I can't say I have ever blasted straight hash. Please let us know if you do! I'm certainly interested in possible results.

4. fake name

fake name Well-Known Member

If you do do this, make sure to break it up well to avoid blowbacks. My concern is it will be too dense for the butane to make it through. Perhaps the thermos method would be better suited for pressed hash?

smokum, treeman and Globbs like this.
  5. treeman

I am unfamiliar with the thermos method, Say I used a sort of cheese grater to crumble it? I reckon butane would pass through.
    I was thinking, it seems doubtful that an ounce of this would fill my extractor and I wouldn't want to start with more. Anyone know if I can use something like organic cotton to fill the space? I have a jar containing a mixture of ABV/weed that I've already run but I'd rather not mix it, I'd like to see that pure hashyness extracted. Any ideas for safe filler? Or can I run a half empty extractor?

6. Globbs

Globbs Active Member

I remember reading someone used glass marbles as filler material. Wish I could find the quote. It's somewhere in this forum.

treeman likes this.
  7. treeman

a truely excellent suggestion! Thank you!

Globbs likes this.
  8. JSteez4205

JSteez4205 aka Gordon NugzB

i saw the glass marble tip somewhere on here too. I second that idea. Have never tried though...

9. Globbs

Globbs Active Member

10. dannkk

dannkk Well-Known Member

Might also consider ISO instead of butane. Starting off with hash, most of the things that can ruin qwiso aren't there to begin with. Should be able to just drop it in for a few minutes and then evaporate.

smokum and StickyShisha like this.
  11. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

warm the alcohol and the hash will completely dissolve into it. then winterize and filter out the waxes.

Seren, jds32, treeman and 1 other person like this.
  12. treeman

Is winterizing the same as freezing?

13. StickyShisha

when you put it in the freezer, it won't freeze, but it will become cloudy/milky. what filters out will be whitish leaving you with amber coloured alcohol, ready for evap.

215z and treeman like this.
  14. thesoloman

thesoloman Well-Known Member

so you freeze the alc/bud mixture, then filter it while cold or?

15. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

Yes the cold makes the waxes coagulate to be filtered out.

215z likes this.
  16. thesoloman

thesoloman Well-Known Member

o
    ohhhhhh man im gonna make some fire poop hash now that i learnt this

17. StickyShisha

yes. only we were talking about hash or keif, not bud. Never warm alcohol extract bud or you end up with all the chlorophyll in your concentrate.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors