Make my herb vape better!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdubbdiblets

So I have only been vaping exclusively for a short time and am a long time cannabis consumer, I have been needing to fuck combustion for a while now....so here I am.

Anywho..my question is I have noticed that sometimes I get herb that does not produce the clouds that I am used to (love my hopper:ko:). I am wondering simply if anyone has any ideas for this? Does the herb just need to dry a bit more? Or is it more the curing process and if so can I fix now? Any ideas help thanks and love this community!!:party:

Bdubbdiblets,
1. The quality of the bud may be lower. Just does not have the trichomes.
2. It is possible that the bud is not quite dry enough. Drier bud seems to produce more clouds.

The real question is. Is it getting you medicated? Clouds are over rated in my opinion.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Drier cannabis puts out more clouds but that doesn't mean more potent. Too damp of cannabis doesn't work well in a vaporizer. The cannabis needs to be cured well. I don't like cannabis too dry either. I use a Cvault that I store my cannabis in for long term. I use the Boveda packages to keep things the right humidity. Some cannabis might produce more visible vapor.

The bottom line is do you get medicated? I'm a flavor chaser so I look for strains that have a nice taste along with great at medicating. Clouds are satisfying to see, agree. I think mentally we think we are getting more of the cannabinoids. I don't think that's true IMO.

I would play around with temperatures a bit too. Some cannabis requires a slightly higher temp and some a little lower. If using a glass or wooden stem / mouthpiece do a minute heat soak at your desired temp. Sometimes it's trial and error.

Glad you found us. Remember always tooooooo Fuckcombustion.:2c::leaf:.

Bdubbdiblets

Good points...I guess I chase clouds because I'm used to combustion and it just feels like I'm getting a better hit but I will have to pay closer attention as far as level of medication without the clouds...thanks!!:)

1. The quality of the bud may be lower. Just does not have the trichomes.

I'm in Cali where good herb flows more abundantly than the water! So prob more likely the dryness..;)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bdubbdiblets,

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
Lots of great points! And unlike combusting, vaping benefits quite a bit from grinding the nugs.

And I am glad you found us too. :)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I think it is probably your herb that is the culprit. I've noticed the same thing. The cannabis that I have problems with looks like really high quality too, but it just doesn't produce as much vapor. I've seen amazing looking cannabis in dispensaries that was lab tested at only 6% THC, so you can't go on looks alone. I usually get very high quality myself but sometimes I get a lower quality batch too. It just so happens I got lower quality right as I got my Grasshopper, good thing I saved a quarter of the last stuff. The better stuff definitely produces more hits with thicker vapor.

When you combust you will get roughly the same amount of smoke no matter the quality of your cannabis. Most of what you are burning is cellulose. With vapor you are only extracting the active particles, so if the cannabis is less potent you will have less vapor, no matter what. I can get literally 2-3 times as many hits out of really high quality material vs lower quality. And when I say lower quality I don't mean schwag or mids.

I know common wisdom is that drier material vapes better. I personally think moisture is not a big deal. In my experience it just takes an extra hit or two to dry it out and then it produces vapor like normal. Perhaps it's just that my vaporizers are more powerful. I'm not sure how wet cannabis would have worked in my old iolite for example. But especially in a convection vape moisture of material should not reduce the overall vapor output. If moisture is a problem simply leave your material exposed to air until it's at your desired moisture level. Maybe as a test grind up a small amount and leave it out on a table to dry for a while before you vape it. See if that produces more vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom