Discontinued Magic Flight Launch Tube

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
no no ,by efficience I'm talking about the ability of the unit to fully vaporize the thc out of some buds LOL . As the herb on the sreen get dark under but still not vaporize on top , a lower temp will make a vaporized herb under and some green herb on top (with intact thichromes ) and I dont even imagine stirring the herb in the bowl without messing the screen :uhoh: ...A better utilisation of your heat mass + redesign the vap to get more REAL convection should bring you to a more uniform vaporization + a better air/vapor ratio. Also you claim to have immediate vaporization , what is totaly real and true, BUT the whole process last way longuer than hitting a vapor genie or a vapman vaporizer .I really hope that fc members will be able to make there own mind on this vap and also I'm also really curious to know what other magic flight owner have to tell

Clear_Dome,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
Magicflight: is the warranty going to be transferable?

edit: I should have said, if I sell it, will the warranty be transferable?

Phaang,

Jacopone

Clear_Dome said:
no no ,by efficience I'm talking about the ability of the unit to fully vaporize the thc out of some buds LOL . As the herb on the sreen get dark under but still not vaporize on top , a lower temp will make a vaporized herb under and some green herb on top (with intact thichromes ) and I dont even imagine stirring the herb in the bowl without messing the screen :uhoh: ...A better utilisation of your heat mass + redesign the vap to get more REAL convection should bring you to a more uniform vaporization + a better air/vapor ratio. Also you claim to have immediate vaporization , what is totaly real and true, BUT the whole process last way longuer than hitting a vapor genie or a vapman vaporizer .I really hope that fc members will be able to make there own mind on this vap and also I'm also really curious to know what other magic flight owner have to tell
I had the magic flight for the last few days.
I wanted to experiment few techniques before sharing my observations with all of you.
It is true that the MF is fast, but you can scorch the herb easily. You can apply pulses with the battery rather than a continuous contact and playing with it you can avoid burning the material.
Even if you can avoid burning the material, the vapor quality is not to my liking. The vapor is not dense and the taste is not great either.
My opinion is that this device is not ready for mass consumption yet.
It is definitely innovative and I appreciate the creativeness in conceiving such product, but it won't be my daily or preferred vaporizer to use.

Jacopone,

420Downunder

I received mine today, only 8 days shipping to Aus :cool:
I've only used it for 6 or so "bowls", the first couple ended up with a little blackening but using the pulse method I've got it down pretty good with the last couple of bowls coming out pretty evenly vaped to a dark golden colour. I like it so far, of course it can't pump out the high vapor to air ratio that my Herborizer and SSV can and it requires more user input than a PD but given that it's a battery powered portable I think it does a great job so far.
I'll be giving it a workout over the next few days after which I'll give it a proper full review, but so far the only negatives to me are the acrylic mouthpiece (give me boro any day), the boro tube needs flame polishing as others have said and it seems a little overpriced considering the materials that go into it.

420Downunder,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
got mine a few days ago, its pretty good

its hard to go 100% stealth because you have to hit it for like 45s for a full one hit, and its not airtight so you cant let it heat up slowly-i almost wish i had another battery casing to fire it up fast hahah... i noticed theres exactly enough room on the pole for two..:brow:

i broke loose a bit of the solder on the screen, while tapping the spent shit out, ( i stopped doing that, started blowing its better ) which makes me wonder what that silver solder looking welds are made of?

MrMistyTokes,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

For those people who are looking for lower temp calibrated units, they are now available. If you have previously purchased a complete pipe, and want the lower temp heating component, we will be send you a replacement part (you will need to retain your existing pipe to use it). If you are convinced that your current unit is operating too hot, please notify me via email with your previous order information by next Tuesday at the latest (March 31, 2009).

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi MrMistyTokes,

There seems to be some disconnect --
Are you looking for a replacement screen? If so, that is no problem -- you need let us know what address it is to be sent to. Is there something else we can do for you?

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

420Downunder

I believe he also wanted to know if the screen was soldered on? If so does the solder contain lead?

420Downunder,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
420Downunder said:
I believe he also wanted to know if the screen was soldered on? If so does the solder contain lead?
Ah ok -- the screen is bonded, not soldered. Also, I believe that I had posted previously that there is absolutely no lead used. We are also sure that there is zero lead content in any of the metals, including that of the battery holder.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Bonded? So how does one replace the screen ?
If you need a new screen (if your screen has become detached), we send you a new part with the screen already attached. Its covered by the warranty.

magicflight,

420Downunder

Ok after using it a bit over the last few days I've come to a few conclusions;
It's more of a conduction vape with a little convection action thrown in.
It's rather delicate and I could see it being damaged if care wasn't taken, that said the warranty covers any breakage or fault, users fault or not.
Vapor to air ratio is low, lower than I like personally.
Mouth piece is acrylic rather than boro which is a negative to me.
Possible to scorch the herb without pulsing the battery so takes some getting the hang of.
Stealth wise it lacks, if anything if I saw someone using one I'd be inclined to take more attention to see what the fuck it was lol.
Taste isn't the greatest.

It works, no doubt about it and it gets you nicely baked at the price it isn't too bad but you'll get a higher vapor to air ratio using a Vapor genie but then you'll be using butane and risking scorched herb.
I honestly would only recommend it to those wanting a battery operated portable and weren't worried about stealth.

420Downunder,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
Ive been using mine daily for about 2 weeks.. never pulsed the battery once never scorched once. I keep it in my pocket all day and toke in the washroom with a carbon spoof for smell paranoia.. I get baked at least 3 times a day on a 12h shift :lol:

if your not getting rich enough hits buddy up there ^ go buy some nice rechargables anything around will be like 2450maH ive noticed, 450 more then the stockers and i like em better for fresh hits and quicker bathroom breaks ( no ones said anything, i work in a factory-pretty fast unit )

I took this on a first date with a sexy little blonde and she actually really dug it. i was so surprised i was sure she would be like wtf ur a weirdo.. we toked in the theater and to sum it up i got laid :D
ive also brought this to a table with the most seasoned stoners i know and passed it around like a joint basically and everyone (aged 16-59 ) looved it and were basically jealous of my sick gadget :cool:

I really love this product and the people behind it:):peace:

MrMistyTokes,

duh

I think MrMistyTokes experience sounds great. I assume your unit is not the new version. I did email the Tea website and it does not appear the new versions are available for sale yet, is that not true magicflight? I'm also concerned about the air-tightness aside from the scorching - are the negative user experiences all attributable to an amount issue or too dry, not dry enough, own personal problems, etc.?

duh,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
duh said:
I think MrMistyTokes experience sounds great. I assume your unit is not the new version. I did email the Tea website and it does not appear the new versions are available for sale yet, is that not true magicflight? I'm also concerned about the air-tightness aside from the scorching - are the negative user experiences all attributable to an amount issue or too dry, not dry enough, own personal problems, etc.?
So far, all that we have in stock is the Launch Tube. We have made some special lower temp units for those who want them, and are reviewing some alternative prototypes as potential beta test candidates.
Nothing firm yet. The lower temp units taste better on the 2nd and 3rd hits, and heat move evenly, but they take noticeably longer to start-up (20 seconds as opposed to 4).

In regards to "air tight", there are some intentional gaps between the wood and the enclosing glass, as needed to allow for 1) natural wood expansion (due to changing levels of ambient moisture) and 2) intake air flow. In actual practice, these gaps tend to be too small to be affected by wind or to allow vapor to escape. The vapor tends to stay where it belongs, (unless, of course, the user happens to blow into the pipe rather than to draw from it (!)).

In regards to the possibility of scorching, the findings have been largely a question of how the pipe is used, and reports on FC have so far been mixed. Some people seem to love it and report few problems, and others have reported that they did not prefer it when compared to other vapes -- either due to factors of taste, look, or convenience (ie, the 'stealth' factor). Overall, the opinions expressed have been fairly strong -- both for and against. We take this as a good sign.

The primary factors governing the taste experience are:.
- the amount used,
- the cycling of the "on time" for the battery, and
- the rate of user air draw.
The dryness of the material is somewhat less important than these three factors, although I am sure that this too, makes some difference.

-- Magic-Flight.

magicflight,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
mrmisty just gave you guys the best testimony possible...put that shit on your website immediately! "I pulled out my MF in the theater and ended up getting laid!"

I'll take 5 of 'em!

stickstones,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
stickstones said:
mrmisty just gave you guys the best testimony possible...put that shit on your website immediately! "I pulled out my MF in the theater and ended up getting laid!"

I'll take 5 of 'em!
No doubt -- I was LOL to read that(!) -- definitely the best recommendation ever! :D
It makes us proud to have improved the quality of life of at least two people!

In regards to the website, there is a LOT that needs to get added/updated -- a testimonials section included.
For example, we should be advertising our multiple purchases discounts -- if you buy four pipes, you get the fifth free. It is effectively a 20% discount, or better, a free pipe for you if you have some friends that want to buy pipes through you. For our part, consolidating shipping like this makes things simpler to manage. Yet our current focus is doing what we can to keep our existing customers happy (we are making some internal adjustments to ensure improved services and products based on FC feedback).

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
my tube has officially stopped working :( thank fuck a replacements in the mail already

dont let your friends pack it..

MrMistyTokes,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
OK, I've had a chance to use my replacement for a couple of days while on the road (Denver). Nice thing about this, it went into my luggage and didn't raise an eyebrow.

My experience with this unit is that it is a bit fussy to load and prepare, but overall the device is easy to use. The replacement unit never scorched even when I left the battery in contact for about 40+ seconds. It does work, and it will have its place in my collection, but it will not be my main device. I have a friend who bought a VG and runs out to his shed to get high (away from his kids). This would be an ideal item for him in that there is no light flare from a lighter, and he can run this thing in the dark.

It's fairly efficient at conversion, the remains were all pretty dark brown, with only a little skunky smell. I probably could have pushed the vaporization even further, but I don't like the taste of overheated dope.

I will say this about Magic Flight, they are very good with customer service. Apparently they have sent me a low-temp version without any prompting. I will use that one when I get home, maybe load a bit of kief in it!

I will continue to use this device, it has a certain charm, especially when I travel. It's more of a novelty item to me, something to add to my vaporizer collection.

Phaang,
Top Bottom