• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Magic Flight Launch Tube

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

Actually, I would be interested to see the carbon footprint of a lot of modern products. Nearly everything we use in today's world seems to involve more embodied energy than ever actually passes through whatever commercial item itself (consider computers, for example). No one ever seems to report on such issues, yet it matters a lot in thinking about sustainable environmental systems.

In regards to our own product, we ensured that our manufacturing processes 1) involved only renewable resources as much as possible, and 2) generated very little waste. Our primary by-products are wood dust (we burn it for shop heat), glass, and metal cutoff (all of which is recycled). We figure that really "doing it right" should mean that not only is vaporization more healthy for the user, the applied technology should also be more healthy for the earth, and further, that this philosophy overall will be more healthy for us as a business. It's an experiment -- we are hoping for good results for everyone, consumer and producer alike.

Again, thank you for your encouragement!

Best,
-- Magic-flight.com

Hennessy1414 said:
magicflight said:
Also, speaking in terms of 'expectations management', please be aware that the box packaging shipped with the unit is only that needed for safe transport -- there is not a lot of throw-away use-once glossy bubble pack, useless notes and custom commercial wrappings, etc, etc. Magic-Flight, as a company, is philosophically opposed to creating yet more trash in the world. If it is not absolutely needed, we didn't add it.

-- Magic-Flight
As long as you answer e-mails on a regular basis then there really is no need for added paper in the box. what a great step yall are taking in creating a cleaner earth...I would be interested to see the carbon 'footprint' created by each vape on the market today. :/ :uhoh:
:2c:

:peace:

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

Yes, the glass just slides off -- its super easy to reload. Just tap it somewhere to dump the existing load and put a new pinch in, slide the cover back on, attach the battery and go!

Its actually hard to forget it in the heating position -- when you set it on any flat surface, the pivot action automatically turns it off (no wasted energy). If you are passing it in a circle, you can flip the battery up so that it rests over the top of the two terminals -- again, no energy wasted. The next user can simply flip the battery back down again to restart heating action.

If you do somehow manage to leave it in the heating position continuously for more than a minute, the material will eventually turn a dark chocolate brown -- darker if the battery is really fresh. I am not sure if you would count this as "scorched", since no actual ignition ever occurs. When we are stress testing these, we set one up to run in the full on position without limit in time to ensure that no actual ignition ever happens. Although doing this will run the battery completely out, this does not hurt the unit, or even the battery, although both will be noticeably warm after about 10 minutes or so. Naturally, we give you two (2) batteries so that even this does not stop this thing from being useful :)

-- Magic-flight

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
exactly how is the bowl reloaded, does the glass just slide off?

will it burn or scorch if left on the bowl too long, like if i dazed off for 5 mins with the battery on would it have scorched the herb

very very interesting and inventive design, taking convection very litterally, this vape just jumped to the top of my "to aquire" list, i especially applaud the "less parts to break" approach that magic flight has taken, it reminds me of another vape that i love dearly

magicflight,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
what about cleaning and maintinence? anything special need to be done beyond soaking the screen in iso? or is that even necessary? i must admit in still kind of confused about where the heat originates

edit: im sorry, this question was already answered on page 2 but i wasnt paying attention
edit3: you said the draw stem is acrylic? i think i remeber readind somewhere about alcohol leeching plasticizer from the acrylic but im not sure if i remember correctly, i may even be thinking of a completely different material
what grade of acrylic is the draw stem made of, and would there be a way to replace it with a different material, say a couple feet of silicone tubing
In regards to cleaning, it tends to need very little. The outside glass and draw stem can be soaked
or swabbed in rubbing alcohol to get clean. The tray/screen itself tends not to get dirty since it is the source of heat, but if needed, it can be cleaned with fire or by gently rubbing with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
can the unit withstand a good knock? not specifically the glass of course, that may well break, but would the heating parts survive and still function fine after some mishap of that sort after one replaced the broken glass

edit2: i few more questions, just for clarity, where is the air intake? exactly how loose/tight is the grip of the wood on the glass, and how strong are the protruding wires? strong enough to support the battery on their own and not bend? and to the wires go into both pieces of wood or does it lust rest against the backpiece, and also, which way does it slide

also what about hash, oil, and other various herbal concentrates, is this vape capable of handling them with ease, and is there any requiredtechnique to doing so eg, green screen layer on the bottom and then concentrate, or loading the concentrate right on the screen to make use of the screens heat to vaporize it directly

sorry for the bombardment of questions, ive been reading through this thread and im trying to ask every question i can think of that would affect a person's decision to purchase this vape that hasnt already been answered

Acolyte of Zinglon,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

The unit itself (without the glass) is actually fairly small and light, so dropping from any height has not been a problem.

The two contact prongs are copper clad steel and are very strong -- like trying to bend an 8 penny nail with your fingers -- its not going to happen. If one were to deliberately pull or press hard on the wires (with intent to deliberately break), the first thing to fail would be the wood. The wires (actually bars) go fully into and through both wooden parts and are firmly adhered in each.

The screen itself, on the other hand, is more delicate. It will not take physical abuse. Fortunately, the overall shape of the device protects the screen from nearly all forms of direct impact.

The air intake is in the space between the wood and the glass. It is necessary to have a very narrow gap to allow the wood to expand and contract a few thousandths with changes in ambient moisture (typical of all wood products). This is intended and is part of the design.

It is possible to use solid hash, although that tends to discolor the screen and become hard to clean without damaging the screen (not recommended). Oil tends to work much better when used in smaller quantities, since it diffuses (via surface tension) into the entire screen, generating perfect, even heating. There has been some internal debate as to whether we should offer a non-convective 'special' version of this pipe that could be used with hash. We are looking for feedback to see how much interest there would be in this direction.

-- Magic-Flight

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
can the unit withstand a good knock? not specifically the glass of course, that may well break, but would the heating parts survive and still function fine after some mishap of that sort after one replaced the broken glass

edit2: i few more questions, just for clarity, where is the air intake? exactly how loose/tight is the grip of the wood on the glass, and how strong are the protruding wires? strong enough to support the battery on their own and not bend? and to the wires go into both pieces of wood or does it lust rest against the backpiece, and also, which way does it slide

also what about hash, oil, and other various herbal concentrates, is this vape capable of handling them with ease, and is there any required technique to doing so eg, green screen layer on the bottom and then concentrate, or loading the concentrate right on the screen to make use of the screens heat to vaporize it directly

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi All,

After reading some more of the posts elsewhere on this site, it occurs to me to remind people that we do not claim that the Launch Tube is "the absolute most 'perfect' vaporizer". We are aware that a LOT of vapor device manufacturers claim exactly that and quite frankly, we find such outrageous and bombastic advertising to be a complete turn off. We feel that it is ultimately better to stick with simple designs and simple truths. After having built so many development variations and prototypes, we at Magic-Flight are vividly aware that there is no such thing as a "perfect vaporizer". Different people are going to prefer different attributes as being 'the best'. With multiple design trade-offs involved for different uses, everyone is going to have their own opinions and their own favorite vape. We suggest that people find that vape that most matches their own usage patterns.

What we DO claim is that we have the absolute fastest vape on the planet! Aside from being portable, efficient, and minimal, the real benefit of using our products is that they have blazing fast heatup and cool-down times. This basically means that your toke heat is there only when and where you want it -- and not anywhere else -- no wasted vapors. Everything else is incidental. If you remember nothing else from all of the commentary and discussion on this board, remember this -- Magic-Flight is FAST!

Perhaps Richard Bach said it best: "Perfect speed is already being there".

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

gak hater

Clear_Dome said:
some review will come, dont worry gak, I already wait for my unit :p
good things come to those who wait :D

i would snap one up right now but
i just made a couple of very large purchases
and i need to recover from them first.:/
besides that my vrip order should be here any day :)

i'm sure they will be getting an order
from me in a month or so ;)
when i do get it
i can't wait to see my friends looks
when i bust this thing out and start using it :lol:

gak hater,

josh

This looks very interesting. I have been taking my PD with me to work and keep it plugged in at my desk so I can just take it to the car on lunch for a quick mental reset. This device would allow me to vape on lunch without having to worry about bringing my PD to work with me. I have a VG, but to be honest I have yet to get a good hit off that damn thing. This looks like something that may work for me.

josh,

max

Out to lunch
we at Magic-Flight are vividly aware that there is no such thing as a "perfect vaporizer". Different people are going to prefer different attributes as being 'the best'. With multiple design trade-offs involved for different uses, everyone is going to have their own opinions and their own favorite vape. We suggest that people find that vape that most matches their own usage patterns.
That's kind of our motto here, magicflight. We even spell it out at the top of the forum in a small way. ;)

max,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
This is just too fricking cool. I just ordered one. I'll post a review as soon as it comes in and I have a chance to try it out.

EDIT: So now how the hell am I supposed to put this device in my signature logo -- "Magic Flight Launch Tube"? "MFLT"? "Launch Tube"? "The Tube"???

Phaang,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

For those people who are looking for an independent review of the Launch Tube, please check out the Dopefiend report, podcast 164 (march 16, 2009), at http://dopefiend.co.uk. If your player allows it,
the commentary on the Launch Tube begins around time 24:40 (twenty four minutes into a podcast
that runs about an hour) and lasts for about 10 minutes.

-- Magicflight.com

magicflight,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
this will probably be an early 4/20 present to myself, im really just waiting for the forum members' nods of approval, but it really looks like ill be getting it in the near future

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
well in all reality AoZ...theres not even a full review on any VHW sold so far. I think you need to own a piece of vapor equipment for at least 2-3 months before you can really give the full picture....thats how i fell anyhow.

but god damn do i want this thing...seems like it can hold 2-3 pd bowls worth...possibly even 4-5 :brow:

Hennessy1414,

420Downunder

I'd be interested in checking this out but unfortunately your distributors cart only allows shipping to the US or Canada, you may want to consider a larger vape distributor if you want the rest of the world to take notice.

420Downunder,

ILoveRadiohead!

420Downunder said:
I'd be interested in checking this out but unfortunately your distributors cart only allows shipping to the US or Canada, you may want to consider a larger vape distributor if you want the rest of the world to take notice.
The person who reviewed the launch tube on his dopefiend podcast is now selling them on his vaporizer retail site vapefiend.com http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/epages/es115421.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es115421_es122485197719

States free worldwide shipping.

ILoveRadiohead!,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
The reviewer is Dopefiend and he is also selling the Magic Flight Launch Tube.

I cant wait to hear you guys' reviews too. If i get good reviews from you then i will buy one. :peace:

JohnnyVape,

gak hater

stonemonkey55 said:
ANyone here get theres yet?
4.gif

gak hater,

tripp

The Dopecast review made me wonder how much you can actually load into the mesh "bowl" while maintaining efficiency. The design seems ingeniously simple yet effective. As others have said I love the form-follows-function approach.

While it's definitely not stealthy if inspected, I'd think adding a screen to cover and hold the herb in place, combined with a wrap around the whole unit would be passable as some sort of gyroscopic battery charger or something. Just a thought.

Personally I don't need anything overtly under the radar. My main concern is how it hits. Is it possible to get a dense vapor inhalation?

I'm very intrigued by this vape but I'm waiting for a FC member to give their take.

tripp,
Top Bottom