Magic Flight Launch Box Battery Cases.....

I just got my Magic Flight Launch Box yesterday and I LOVE It...."Say Hello to my little friend" :lol:

When I got my MFLB, it didn't come with a plastic battery case for my AA's. I contacted the seller and he offered to send me one for free and free shipping. Very Cool Dude.

Unfortunatly , he doesn't have any extra battery cases for sale and I'd like to get at least 2 more. I've looked all over the internet/ebay/online headshops/amazon....and I can't find any 2pc battery cases. It's crazy, I can find 4pc AA cases all over the place but not the smaller 2pc case. I did find one that sells from China on Ebay, but from looking at the pictures, theres nothing seperating the two AA's and they're resting against each other.

I'm using the Powerex 2700's. Does it matter if the sides are touching each other while stored?

Also, I bought a couple extra of those rubber battery caps. Is it safe to keep batteries loose in my pocket as long as I have caps on both ends? I am a total Noob when it comes to rechargable batteries.

brightside420,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
brightside420 said:
I can find 4pc AA cases all over the place but not the smaller 2pc case. I did find one that sells from China on Ebay, but from looking at the pictures, theres nothing seperating the two AA's and they're resting against each other.

That is how the case that came with my MFLB is. Actually, all of my battery cases are like that, and I have 5 of them. Side by side contact should be fine, it's when the contacts are touching something metal that they will drain and damage.

aesthyrian,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
brightside420 said:
I'm using the Powerex 2700's. Does it matter if the sides are touching each other while stored?

Also, I bought a couple extra of those rubber battery caps. Is it safe to keep batteries loose in my pocket as long as I have caps on both ends? I am a total Noob when it comes to rechargable batteries.

You don't need caps on both ends, just over the nipple end. The nipple is the positive pole, the side of the casing is the negative pole, and what you must not do is allow anything that can conduct to make simultaneous contact with both nipple and casing. That's why you just need to cover the nipple, and why side-to-side contact is harmless.

pakalolo,
Awesome Information. Thank you very much. I have a feeling I'm going to be taking this little guy with me everywhere so i wanna take care of my rechargable batteries

brightside420,

gvape

Just did a quick search because I thought I remembered seeing them a while back on dealextreme... sure enough :)

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/4-x-aa-battery-case-holder-3-pack-3558

2.44 shipped for 3 cases. Really great deal if you ask me, gonna be hard to beat that. its nice too becuase if you do not have that many batteries you can always use one for the good ones and one for the used ones :)

Also, heres some 2700 mah I saw that they have pretty cheap with case. No idea how these work though, I have not tested

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/soshin...e-aa-batteries-with-case-4-battery-pack-12720

Hope that helps.

Oh only one problem. If you have not ordered from dealextreme before they do take 2-4 weeks to get your items. You cant really complain when its shipping for free from hong kong.

gvape,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
You know what I just did:
I took useless non food grade tubing I've got (U could use old vape tubing but your batts might stink). Cut sections a bit longer then a traditional AA, "open" these section by cutting them by their lenght, and voil, brand new protective "batt skins" for my bunch of batts... If I'm less lazy any time soon, I'll post a pic! ;)

FLskwat,
Top Bottom