Made a new DIY tool for my zap (log style owners inside)

caseball2051

Alright Im new to the scene still and when i first got my Zap I was useing a paperclip to unload the herb from my stems. Well i damaged a screen and was looking for an alternative.

I took a Q-tip and broke it in half. I use the ones with a paper middle peiece, not plastic. This break leaves a slightly jagged edge. I insert it lightly and twist, and voila the herb just comes out nice and easy. Ive been doing this for about 2 wks. It works very well.

Just thought I might pass along the tip. It was annoying not to get all the herb out. I also didnt like blowing it out because I had nowhere to blow it into. everytime i used my hand i seemed to lose some herb.

caseball2051,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
the best way is to blow it out... that way you don't have to worry about screwing up the screens. out of all the things I have tried, that is the best way. Blow it out right after you get all the vapor out, while the vapor tube is still warm. A light puff out will dislodge anything in the bowl.
I normally blow mine into a mason jar.
anytime I have used a Pick of some sort, there has always been tiny amounts of herb that does not want to come out compared to blowing it out.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Devo, why a mason jar rather than the little blow bag that comes with the PD? Seems that with a mason jar, you might get some blow-back.

lwien,

sour

Yea the blow bag works great, with it completely cinched there is enough room to squeeze the tip of the vapor tube in.

sour,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
no blow back, my abv flies out in one little chunk and lands neatly in the bottom. The reason I no longer use the bag is no matter how tight I close it, I eventually get ABV all over the place.
And I collect everything in the jar anyways, as long as there is some abv in the bottom I have no problems when blowing into it, I just use a light puff... not blowing all hard into it. So blow back is not an issue.

DevoTheStrange,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
And I collect everything in the jar anyways, as long as there is some abv in the bottom I have no problems when blowing into it, I just use a light puff... not blowing all hard into it. So blow back is not an issue.
Same here. I use a 1 cup mason jar and it works great. If you have to blow hard to dislodge the abv, it's not "cooked" yet. Maybe that's been the problem caseball.

momofthegoons,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
that has been my experience as well... when you cant get the herb out there is usually a hit or so left in it.... try to get that hit, and then the abv comes out really easy.

DevoTheStrange,
Ditto: If it sticks, you missed some.

I keep my stems standing up in a heavy shot glass and when I am done hitting, a light "tap tap tap" )on the edge (like a cig on an ashtray) empties it out nicely. When the level of ABV gets high enough in the shot glass I dump it in another glass container for storage.

Howie Feltersnatch,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
the blow bag is too messy for me. pieces sticking to the sides of the bag etc. i tap it while still hot into a jar.

SSS,
Top Bottom