Macro-dosing

asdf420

I took ~70mg of edibles and just felt tired :( maybe I took them too late at night for effects to kick in. Hopefully i'm not wasting all my weed now by trying to decarboxylate it.
will try adding coconut oil and alcohol. Or just alcohol?

What makes a Supreme hit harder and more efficiently than a Sticky Brick? Temperature changes less with how hard you pull? Bowl shape, something about exposed surface area? Pressure?

Want to try dabs with inserts. just low-tech with a banger

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I've been hitting a big bowl in the Elev8r when I get home and it has be set for a long time. Last night it was at least an hour and a half.
I enjoy smaller doses, but bigger ones have a way of lasting longer for me. Names it great for activities where I don't want to be bothered to top off periodically.

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: steama

EverythingsHazy

...and don’t understand why “micro” dosing is even being discussed. There’s a whole thread that that topic can be discussed in. This is about sharing methods of getting so high you can’t see straight.

This is why:
Where does macro, normal and micro doses start and end. Is it based on an individuals usual consumption pattern or is there a set of weight limits?
Which is why I even mentioned it in the following post, which is completely relevant to the thread topic.
A lot of people on here have their own definitions. These are mine based on someone with no tolerance (I don't believe the terms should be defined differently for people with varying tolerances):

Microdose = Sub-threshold effects ONLY (you don't feel buzzed)

Normal Dose = You get buzzed.

Macrodose = You get a strong buzz, and saturate your receptors.

Now your ego is just looking for something to argue about. The football comparison is great considering the 2 sports are very different and the original football is a few thousand years older, just like cannabis microdosing is still microdosing despite it not having perfect literal correlation with the much older med school definition of microdosing. Maybe someday you'll drop the ego and accept reality.
No ego involved here. Since the Cannabis community wants to be taken seriously when discussing the medical aspects of Cannabis, I feel that it makes sense to cooperate with the medical industry's definitions. Things that fall in line with the current standards tend to be easier to accept.

I rather just accept the fact that we agree on what we do, and not continue to waste each other's time arguing about the stuff on which we don't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who "macrodose"... do you find that your tolerance is always increasing, or does it ever appear to hit a ceiling? For example, if you do a 0.5-1.0g dab, do you always get a strong buzz, or after a few days of that, will you need to increase even more?

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Tolerance is a back and forth game. If all I did was 1 gram herb bowls, it wouldn't take long before that wasn't enough. I don't use concentrates much, but when I do I usually do it with an herb bed, which means I get wrecked. So I save these big sessions and use them sparingly. Now, maybe my tolerance is unique, but all I really have to do to reset it is go cannabis free for about 48 hours. I manage my tolerance within the day. Can't have constant euphoria. :) I'm not rich and I don't grow. So.

Which brings me to my next thought. Imagine hitting your heaviest hitter after a thc/tolerance break. I took a half load in my log and it floored me after a 2 day break. I couldn't imagine hitting my Elev8r.

I'm going to try to do some psyc reading and then go back to sleep. This "macrodose" tonight after waking up from sleep was about half a gram. If it helps me get the sleep I need it's definitely worth it. Holy shit it's starting to creep up. Time for headphones, Darlingside, and then sleep. Shit I do love the strong euphoria from a large dose of wacky weed.

hinglemccringleberry

1) Continuing an off-topic discussion after a moderator requested everyone to stay on topic. 2) Making personal comments about another member. Warning point issued.
Macrodosing blurs my vision, so I avoid it.

No ego involved here. Since the Cannabis community wants to be taken seriously when discussing the medical aspects of Cannabis, I feel that it makes sense to cooperate with the medical industry's definitions. Things that fall in line with the current standards tend to be easier to accept.

I rather just accept the fact that we agree on what we do, and not continue to waste each other's time arguing about the stuff on which we don't.

Open a newspaper -- Id say that progress with medical cannabis and general acceptance is doing pretty well overall, and your attempt to craft a new rigid rule that we all use the term academically has no bearing whatsoever on how well progress is being made. There are many reasons that cannabis use faced stigma and prohibition in the 20th and early 21st centuries, and "not using the textbook pharmaceutical term of microdosing" isnt one of them, but nice try. I'm sure William Randolph Hearst is rolling in his grave because people on the fuckcombustion forums roast 0.01 of flower to get a slight buzz and then call it a microdose. I'm sure thats why Jeff Sessions wants prohibition reinstated :)

Tell you what, since you believe that the credibility of the entire medical cannabis movement all hinges on this 1 tiny thing, then go out into the world and start a campaign to proselytize your "enlightened" view on the definition of microdosing. Purchase ad space. Make brochures. Start a FB page. Get some radio airtime. Buy a bullhorn and write a new "I have a dream" speech. Seriously, if youre this passionate about it, stop wasting time on this forum and go be the change you want to see in the world. I'd be seriously impressed. But you won't. And thats how I know this is more about your ego than anything else.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Top Bottom