MacGyver method of lighting candles. Or maybe i'm an idiot.

McNerdius

god of nerds
OK. I like candles. I like the creepy castle effect of ZERO ambient light, combined with 3-4 around the room. Along with ultra-low A/C, it makes for an interesting environment. Plus the odor whatnot.

I frequently lose my lighter. I don't smoke at all, the only reason i own this lighter is candles, and maybe an occasional pilot-light type issue. So when my lighter is missing, i am screwed out of one of my favorite things. So buy a spare, right ? Well, i'm missing three at the moment. I'd rather give myself a chance at finding the ones i lose. So i summoned all of my thinking power to conjure up a method to gain flame where no flame was to be found. No lighters, no matches, no hempwick to light on the stove and use... WAIT !!!

STONER KNOWLEDGE, ACTIVATE ! Hempwick ! I don't have any, but it's a fairly simple concept ! Within 2 minutes i had grabbed some yarn from my yarn-bin, dipped in my wax-warmy thing i have on basically 24/7, let it drip, lit it on the stove - lit my candles and sat back down to type this shit in here so MAYBE one day someone can use this knowledge. Mind you, i wouldn't be smoking using this shitty concoction, but i think the candles can handle it. Hehe... Candles can handle. Interesting phrase.

OK so here comes the scary part: Am i MacGyver, or just a stoned idiot overlooking some totally obvious simple method of lighting my candles when no lighter or matches are to be found ? Or... both ?

McNerdius,

weedemon

enthusiast
that works nicely man you got it workin! good luck finding your 3 missing lighters though!

btw an enjoyable read. if you hadn't pointed that "candles can handle" part i wouldn't have giving it a 2nd thought but now that's gonna be stuck in my head now... thanks! :p

weedemon,

djonkoman

but you still have to light the hempwick, so wouldn't it be possible to light the candles with that? or do you have thick partly burned candles so that there is such a 'wall' of candle around the flame?
if you have any of the longer thinner candles you can also just light the other candles with that

did the wick burn wel btw?
wouldn't use your wick fopr smoking or so btw, unless you used a beeswaxcandle, parafine is a bit cancerous so if you're inhaling it beeswax is better

djonkoman,

McNerdius

god of nerds
McNerdius said:
I don't smoke at all, the only reason i own this lighter is candles, and maybe an occasional pilot-light type issue.
Mind you, i wouldn't be smoking using this shitty concoction, but i think the candles can handle it. Hehe... Candles can handle. Interesting phrase.

All of my candles are the bigass jar candles - no way an electric stove is gonna help me there unfortunately. And no, i'm not gonna be going around inhaling this stuff lol, it's just knowledge i will have permanently installed in my brain when i need to light a candle and don't have a flame. You wouln't expect a MacGyver solution to be an everyday solution, eh ?

The wick burnt a little fast [big flame too] but once i got it "into" the jar it slowed down - pull it up to transfer to next candle and it speeds up, and so on. i only made up a foot long pc which should have been plenty for the three and then some, but i ended up having about 3 inches left.

Oh, and i found my newest lighter this morning after it had been missing for at least 2 weeks. It was in a box containing receipts, CDs, and manuals for all my computer parts. Which hasnt been touched in at least 3 weeks. STONER DERP, ACTIVATE !!!

McNerdius,

djonkoman

my experience is that the cheap common lighters(bics and similar) are very easily lost, my friends only use those lighters and often lose them and if I use those I also lose them often, but using a unique lighter works wonders
my main lighter for combustion is such a lighter with a long neck(also called bbq lighter sometimes), already using it for quite some time and never lost it really(only for short periods of time, few hours or so)

and for my VG I use those cheap torch lighters from dealextreme, also never lost those(altough I also sold some to friends and they do loose them, so maybe just take better care of my lighters)
also never lost my 2 zippo's, and y friends also seem to not loose their zippo's often

djonkoman,

McNerdius

god of nerds
See, this is how bad i am. I have this weird thing about me that nobody gets. I'm not a smoker, so i don't use a bic. I don't own a grill, so i don't use a [typical] bbq lighter. I am lighting candles, so i use something more like what i would call a 'candle lighter' such as:

[img=picture 1]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9344/pic1jm.jpg[/img]

or

[img=picture 2]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6487/pic2ke.jpg[/img]

[h]AND I STILL LOSE THEM FOR DAYS IF NOT WEEKS ![/h] If i didnt do dumb shit like slipping a lighter into a box of warranty computer shit for no reason i wouldnt have a problem... maybe its some kind of sock-monster type thing who knows.

edit: pics = WTF

McNerdius,

Sour Deez

I use hempwick to light candles all the times. Since i havent bought a lighter in a year probably.

Turn stove on, light hempwick, light candle, WAALAA

I guess it helps i have a gas stove

Edit: Although would it be possible to light hempwick with electric stove? I know my buddy use to light his cigs with his electric stove.

Sour Deez,
Top Bottom