• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Lung/chest pain and Vaping

DNALF

Not meant to be offensive but is there a possibility your causing your own pain? How much are you vaping and how often? I’m only asking because I have anxiety issues too and the things your describing kind of scream anxiety/panic attack. When I smoke/vape a lot I get that pressure by my side in my rib cage area and center of my chest the one in my chest usually feels like pressure sometimes a stabbing pain but it’s always usually anxiety related and as the intensity of the high wears off the pain gets weaker and weaker then eventually I go back to breathing normally too. I will legit hyperventilate when I have anxiety attacks. Weed can help with anxiety and mental patients but it can also make your symptoms much more amplified as well. When I made the switch back to smoking my problems got a little better and I’m more relaxed. Idk how to explain it other than a vape cannot compete with smokings effects for me personally. I can’t explain it other then the relaxation is more intense sleeping is easier to do and the pain relief is like comparing Tylenol to a narcotic. If you find the right strains though that best help you stick to them. And try to work on your deep breathing when you feel the pain and just see if it gets a little better. I’m just being honest if your brain works the way mine does you can convince yourself easily your smoking something laced because everyone wants to get over on someone. Odds are it’s not laced even from a dispensary but anxiety is more powerful then many realize. It’s so powerful it fools people daily making them thing there having a heart attack when there heart could be 110% healthy.

Honestly I was thinking about the same thing. Sometimes I get the random abdomen pain that comes and goes (probably every 6 hours for like 2 minutes) but for the most part the pain is gone. It’s weird because the pain switches places in my abdomen but it’s always in the upper regions. I broke off things with this girl before it started hurting so it’s very possible it’s anxiety and stress induced. Honestly I’m over it now and not stressing about anything but the chest pain is what’s bothering me. I don’t know if it matters but when I would vape (only did it for 1 week) I would hold the hits in for 15-20 seconds because I wasn’t getting that high from it (I think cause I was too used to combustion high). Then I started to think what if I had Covid-19 and started worrying, which if anxiety induced, I’m sure would make it worse. Thanks for your response, I never knew how much anxiety could take over your body and make you feel things. It’s just weird to me that I still have chest pressure (feels like a light burning sensation now) for 2-3 days now if it was anxiety induced. If it doesn’t get better soon I’ll definitely go get a check up. The pressure decreased since 2 days ago though. It’s been about 12 days since I first felt the pain come but and I really miss smoking. But I’ve stopped until I know that my body’s healed completely.

DNALF,

evildos

Hello everyone !

I jump aboard because I have been having some really bad sensations too in my chest.

Background :
Me : 37, love mountainbike and outdoors. Stomach issues. Anxiety issues.
How much I vape : About 10g a week for years (dry herbs only)

I always wake up with burning or numb sensations down my lungs and bronchis. It feels like it's really hard to breathe. It usually lasts less than an hour but can appear at other times of the day if I've been vaping too much. Sometimes it happens at the beginning of a sport activity but fades away during it.

I used to vape with a Volcano, so I tried to switch to NewVape Flowerpot, a while ago, but the problem remains, even with the water filtering and maybe making the vapor a little colder.

It probably would be better to stop for my lungs, but I'm pretty sure herb has been helping me fighting anxiety (and basically keeping living an active life) and other problems over the years, and I don't really know what would be best for me right now. If anyone has similar experience with dry herbs, every bit helps.

Hope there aren't too many mistakes in my post, english isn't my first language.

Stay safe everyone !

evildos,
Reactions: shredder

ginolicious

@evildos are you vaping through water at all? How hot are you vaping at as well? That could be the cause of the irritation.

ginolicious,

evildos

With the Volcano, I think the setting was around 6 but I can't remember exactly because it was a while ago. I did try filtering the vapor with water too using an adapter at the end of the balloon.

On the Flowerpot weedeater I go for 700° as recommended on the Newvape video, and with water, which I change every day.

Last edited:
evildos,

LabPong

With the Volcano, I think the setting was around 6 but I can't remember exactly because it was a while ago. I did try filtering the vapor with water too using an adapter at the end of the balloon.

On the Flowerpot weedeater I go for 700° as recommended on the Newvape video, and with water, which I change every day.

I would suggest other vapes...those are on the harsh/hot side of vapor quality. Also, full melt concentrates might work better if you have access to decent stuff. They are less harsh on your throat and lungs if you get solvenless or well made trates.

LabPong,
Reactions: evildos

evildos

Unfortunately, it's still illegal where I live, so it's kind of complicated.
We made some rosin a few years ago with a friend, but it was too costy for people like me who don't grow.

Which models of vapes would you recommend ? I owned several portables (pax1/2, davinci IQ) and an extreme q too back in the days...

evildos,

shredder

Hello everyone !

I jump aboard because I have been having some really bad sensations too in my chest.

Background :
Me : 37, love mountainbike and outdoors. Stomach issues. Anxiety issues.
How much I vape : About 10g a week for years (dry herbs only)

I always wake up with burning or numb sensations down my lungs and bronchis. It feels like it's really hard to breathe. It usually lasts less than an hour but can appear at other times of the day if I've been vaping too much. Sometimes it happens at the beginning of a sport activity but fades away during it.

I used to vape with a Volcano, so I tried to switch to NewVape Flowerpot, a while ago, but the problem remains, even with the water filtering and maybe making the vapor a little colder.

It probably would be better to stop for my lungs, but I'm pretty sure herb has been helping me fighting anxiety (and basically keeping living an active life) and other problems over the years, and I don't really know what would be best for me right now. If anyone has similar experience with dry herbs, every bit helps.

Hope there aren't too many mistakes in my post, english isn't my first language.

Stay safe everyone !

It seems it would be best for you to medicate with edibles for the time being. Sometimes you just need a break. Lots of easy recipes out there.

Ive been transitioning to edibles myself due to conditions not unlike yours. Im down to one dab and a handful of hits off a portable device per day, but I have 1-4 edibles per day. Low temp concentrates are easier on me than hot dry herb vapor. But some days I just don't inhale mj in any form at all. Ive been medicating like this all year after a pneumonia bout last December. And I sit here with a dozen lonely unused herb vapes, lol, but my lungs feel so much better, my night time wheezing is down 98%.

shredder,
Reactions: evildos

evildos

Thanks for your reply. Every comment helps.

The edibles might be a good solution, indeed. I should dig in this direction to find easy recipes.

evildos,

Tuck

I like to run my FlowerPot around 570F and it is a lot easier on my asthma. I usually have very little coughing unless I just push myself too hard.

evildos

I didn't mention it, but I basically never cough unless I really asked for it.
It's more a problem of inflamation sensation, difficulty to breathe deep.

I'll give it an other try with a lower temperature setting like yours. But I'm currently out of anything to put into it, unfortunately :lol:

evildos,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I diy and vape a lot of maybe questionable stuff, only times it physically hurt was one time I was using a specific flavoring, this is for ecigs btw. Don't know what it was, but that flavor made my lungs ache.

scy123,

jondevieon

Ive been vaping consistently for the last four years and on Sept 22nd of this year, i had the worst panic attack i have had in a while after using my vape cart. i went from using it 24/7 almost to now i not being able to use it or i get a pressure in the center of my chest along the esophagus. The sensation last about 30 minutes and i have already gone to the ER because my anxiety was making me think it was a heart attack - im 29, physically active and no history of heart disease - EKG, x-rays and blood work all came back fine. No trouble breather, but it is allergy season for me. Still, have never had a pressure like this and it popped up out of no where.

What are the odds this is me developing GERD or a muscle strain. after reading online trying to find similar experiences these seem like the two most possible. The weekend before this happened i went to the gym and did some spider man pushups which i think i strained myself for sure, upper pectoral sore still. is it possible i just twisted weird and strained the muscles along the inner rib cage?

i have a follow up with my doctor in a few days, im going to ask about acid reflux, is there anything else i should mention.

I also stopped drinking - went from 2 white claws a night to none, still occurs without alcohol.

jondevieon,

Mookie0608

Keep in mind really good weed will kill your chest too with any good vape. Actually I think vaping is just as bad if it’s something like gorilla glue. I got some grandaddy right bow and that’s brutal too. Just nature of the beast. I primarily smoke it’s better unless you have a good vape and I can honestly compare the ghost to a bong. I wish they would find a way to make a come back or s&b will get there shit together and make a in demand vape with a bigger bowl around a gram...let’s face it veteran smokers need bigger vape bowls. I gotta pack my mighty 3-4 times to get ripped. Ghost packs a harder punch but I’m not going to trash them I still love my mighty just fell in love with the way ghost hits hard. As well increasing the capacity to vape at higher temps. I love vaping at 427 ish.

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

Be honest, are your carts legit? Just because it’s labels tko, heavy hitters, brass knuckles etc doesn’t mean it’s real either. I have heard of issues related to cut carts with bad stuff causing health issues. The other thing I can think of it still happens to veterans....the anxiety/panic attacks. Since it happened out of no where I doubt it’s the strain unless ur finally having enough of it. I love purple kush, and GDP, and they both when I consume enough make me feel like I’m going to have a heart attack if I’m sitting down or up and moving until I lay down in bed it won’t go away but once I get up it comes back. It’s just the very heavy body feeling you get from being deeply relaxed. Does it feel like that at all? Like someone’s pushing on your chest with so much force and pressure but once you lay down it’s instant relief? I know anxiety can cause issues like that too if we’re ruling out the possibility of vaping bad carts.

Mookie0608,
Reactions: BrianTL

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah first thing, if you didnt buy the carts yourself from a dispo, dont trust them. I dont even like dispo carts. But thats another topic.

Honestly its possible the high makes you more "aware" or "in-tune" with the feeling from the possible strain in the gym. If the timing is all lining up with a particular injury, it could be that...either that or that cart is junk, or its just time to switch to something else for a bit, come back to it later and see if you have the same issue...

BrianTL,

jondevieon

Both, ive been using non dispo carts for 3+ yrs due to lack of med card (which i received literally a week after this all started). from the same trusted source, i am more than aware of the risk from doing this which is why this issue has been freaking me out, but there was no gradual onset of the symptoms it just hit me one day.

Bought a hybrid cart from the dispensary to see if it was the non-dispo cart, but i had the same reaction. just a discomfort in my lower center rib cage. Last night i had some dry herb and did not feel pressure in my diapragm area, and today i was able to take small tokes of the pen after a Ibuprofen. Im starting to learn more and more to the muscle strain, and my sick demented mind just jumps straight to full blown cancer causing anxiety attacks since its not a sensation ive been use too. Im still going to see my doctor, this week just to be sure but ill give an update when i can.

jondevieon,
Reactions: BrianTL

jondevieon

So the doctor, who's been treating me for a while, basically laughed and gave me a look like "really, this again." i was immediately humbled. Its a deep muscle strain and the break i took has made my tolerance dive, to top it off i now have access to a dispensary so the product im getting is potent, my body high is much more intense. At least that is where i am are at, i cannot speak for everyone although alot of the stories ive read while researching this told of being active (biking, hiking etc) so maybe we are just getting old :p.

Thank you for the input guys.

themhz

I have the same problem. I Used to smoke for like 25 years and I quit almost 5 years now. I am 43. I occasionally visit a friend that we used to smoke pot and chat about life, and since I quit smoking, I thought that vaping cannabis with a Pax 2 ones every week or two will not be a big deal. However it turns out that when ever I do so, for like 3 days I have a chest pain like pinching with a fork in my lungs. I asked a doctor and he told me that my lungs were irritated. I would also like to mention that I do workout.

themhz,

GoldenBud

I had them lung/chest pain, but rarely, and not too crucial, like, If I vaporize every day for almost 5 years, I think if I were smoking, I'd have much severe lungs/chest pain than vaporizing.

You still inhale organic gases inside your lungs, and THC molar mass is 314gr/mol, our lungs are built for Air - 29gr/mol, THC is like almost 11 times more heavy. definitely not healthy, but much better than smoke.

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom