LSV questions for LSV users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacelooper

Hey Guys,

This is my first post to this pretty amazing forum. I am a LONG time smoker but quit smoking about 8-10 years ago. About 6 years ago I got a SSV and have used it daily since I purchased. I am leaning towards purchasing a LSV (especially at the current 189 price). I am primarily getting it to use with a bong again. Do you guys feel it is the best option out there (or one of) for a GonG bong style set up considering price, vape quality etc? I am very happy with SSV performance and assume the LSV is very similar. I am a bit overwhelmed though in regard to a water bong... the last time I bought a bong, Graffix was the big name..smile ..80's. I am trying to avoid a 500 dollar purchase so am curious if there is a good 100-200 bong that would compliment the LSV well?
I greatly appreciate any info regarding this...
Todd

spacelooper,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey spacelooper. I have a LSV and it is great with water. Have you tried hooking your SSV up to a bong yet? I'm not too sure why you would fork out the cash for such a similar vape when the SSV can be hooked up to water effectively using the whip tubing and a GonG adaptor.

If I were you I would first get a bong and play around hooking up your SSV with it. If you still feel it's lacking then look into other vapes.

Check out the Glass section for some great ideas on glassware. In the $100-200 range there is plenty of choice.

J.R.R.Tokin',

spacelooper

Thanks for the reply... I actually ordered the hook up for the SSV connection... I am interested though in the most GonG experience I can find. I want to eliminate the whip and silicone aspects all together. Is there a better device out there for glass bongs? That was one thing that drew me to the LSV... it truly seemed to be Glass on glass... no silicone adapters etc....what about the Toasty top?

spacelooper,

NewVape

What a guy!
Hey and welcome spacelooper. I have an LSV that I use mostly as with my water tools. The exception is when I have friends over and we pass it around with the transfer tube. With the WPA it makes for an easy no fuss solution to vaping with any kind of water tool. I also use a log style vape which work well with water tools but is more of a 1 person type vape. I agree with JRR there is lots of good advice on the glass forum. I also posted a video on the LSV forum last night of the LSV being used with one of my new bubbler.

NewVape,

spacelooper

I can say it is a bit overwhelming to try and figure out WHAT to actually get in regards to using with glass. I am ordering a SSFG travel beaker today for a reasonably priced 1st piece. I am wanting something pretty handheld in a vape and something that would primarily be used for water bongs... the LOG's and Herborizers etc look great but how well do they really work and are they better than the LSV? I love the fact that the LSV is glass and is simply made well.

NewVape

What a guy!
For me it's like comparing apples to oranges. Both are excellent fruit but they are different. My log lives in the house on on my desk and I use it with a SSFG bubbler. The log is small, efficient, ready 24/7, but think of it as more of a "sipper". Whereas my LSV lives out in the garage. It is larger, sturdier, much bigger hitter with a large capacity. Good for when I'm working on projects in the garage and when people are over. So different vapes for different things.

If you're digging the LSV though, I can tell you to order it without hesitation. It's a great vape, that is well made.

NewVape,

spacelooper

yeah, the more I look the more I think I should just get the LSV. I realize it is a lot like the SSV... but in some ways, to me, more perfect. I like that I can get rid of the synthetic aspect of the vape experience. No more whips etc. I can also use a bong again... it's been a long time. I've had the Silver Surfer for over 6 years and never had a problem... all my friends bought Buddha's based on my SSV. I love the products that 7th Floor makes and feel I should just purchase from them....I just keep searching for that perfect vape product... that is basically just a vape "lighter" for the bong..smile

spacelooper,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, my log (the HI - Heat Island) is a bazooka of a hitter. In fact, I've described it as just that... "its like a bic, for vapor style bong loads" and I was talking about using it out of my 22" tube. I've seen plenty of videos and there isn't anything out there that produces more vapor. There's comparable heavy hitters, but combustion is basically the next level of extraction (not a good thing, we know).

I don't own an LSV, though I do want one. I've seen the hits it gives and they look quite satisfying and substantial. A handheld SSV, basically. I also like the GonG hookup and method for the LSV. From everything I've read, its a quality unit and I can't see being disappointed in it.

As for glass, The SSFG beaker mentioned above is an AWESOME little vapor piece. I have it with the showerhead downstem and it rips. I like it so much, I've removed the inline from it and put it on another piece, which did need it. Here's a pic of the kind of clear you can get off an SSFG.

20121005_174838.jpg

BigDaddyVapor,

spacelooper

Yeah, I am really looking forward to getting the SSFG Travel Beaker in the mail this week. I am actually on the waiting list to get a HI Log. Right now I'm really intrigued by the Herborizer, Vriptech Heat Want, Verdamper,etc... I am sure the first thing I buy in the next week or so will be the LSV... but am very intrigued by the smaller vapes meant for glass bongs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom