LPs ripping you off for not giving you full grams your ordered.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm pressing at 91 Celsius. So you are suggesting about 96 C. I was thinking higher temp would cook off more flavour.

Interesting, I always thought PSI calculation was done on plate size not what you are pressing. in that case I'm closer to 1500PSI as well.

I am using "Bottle Tech Style" too, but I like to think of it as McDonalds bag style since it closely resembles the bottom of a paper bag after making the bottom folds.

Not sure how long I ramp up pressure, i try to go as slow as the hydraulic jack lets me, but I dont think its a whole minute. Maybe 45 seconds. I'm not even sure how I'd slow that down. I leave it sitting for about a minute once pressurized and found anything over a minute produced a little green/chlorophyll.

Your temps and timing are very interesting to me. Thank you for it. It doesn't seem to correlate with my own experimentation though.

It is counter intuitive to me that bringing the temp up, ramping up 30 seconds longer and pressing 30 seconds longer would produce better results, since I'm already seeing a bit of green at 1 minute and darker/brownish yellow coloured wax. I will try it though. I really enjoy experimenting with my press :)

Where do you get your filter bags from? I got some on amazon prime but they stopped stocking them, and now it ships from china. just got some more from azpressco.
I got mine from AZ press co (2x4 160u) ... I ordered 10 to try ... and have decided I'm going to order 100 more because working really well!

Here's pics of my press from 5g ghost train haze ... 1.28g yield first press ... .06g second press lol and a little greenish the 2nd but was ok.

Here's a couple pics

xLhJmlv.jpg

vbW549x.jpg

Edit: I'm using homemade diy plates with cartridge heaters and separate thermocouples embedded in the plates not connected to the heating coil. I'm pretty confident in my temps +/- 5F. Are you confident in the accuracy of your plate temps?

I'm ramping up very slowly until I get to about 1/4 ton, let it sit 10 sec or so, ramp up to 1/2, let sit, 3/4, then finally 1 ton (usually about 1:30 by now). Wait 1:30 after reaching 1 ton

Top Bottom