1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

LPs ripping you off for not giving you full grams your ordered.

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by Kosherbubba, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Member

I have noticed some LPs never give the 5 grams you have ordered. They keep saying they are calibrated and have ACMPR standards. But if you order about 30 grams of bud a month only to find that overall you have 1 to 2 grams less out of the 30. Thats a lot of weed loss and expense. It adds up. At one time I almost had half a gram less . That was about 6 bucks on 5 grams.

Medrelief tops up their product to make sure you are at least getting the 5 grams you ordered.

Has anyone else experienced this. Have you weighed the product you get from your LP. Would like to know your experiences.

2. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

never weighed my product as I figured LPs should be 100% so never really noticed this with tweed, redecan, or tilray.

But more importantly, please disclose the LP('s)!?? Almost sounds like you're shilling for MedRelief! ;)

3. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Member

I thought I could not disclose this but tweed has given me lower than 5 grams all the time. Med relief is fine. Never got anything lower than 5 grams. I feel they assume the medical user does not weigh their weed. Have a weight the next time you order. They do nothing about it but I think that is wrong. Yes you lose some weight with evaporation but they should take that into account and give you more if they think it will evaporate. The problem is they package their weed supposedly at 5 grams leave it on the shelf and by the time you order it voila a loss of grammage.

Squiby likes this.
  4. biohacker

Not with Tweed, i'd never spend a penny there again. Thinking of going with Whistler but I mainly order from MoM's....LP's are such a rip off!

theCerberus and Squiby like this.
  5. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Member

But with Tweed I like the variety plus with my compassion discount I get some for abut 4.80 to 7 bucks a gram. Plus you have to pay tax. I want to order from herbal dispatch. Any good MoMs out there. I like the ones that give you a sample pack of everything.

6. biohacker

Tonnes of great MoM's...check out https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/ PM me for my personal faves.

Like many other LPs, Tweed Gamma Irradiates most of their strains. I have a massive sized jar with at least 2-3 oz of several tweed strains that I simply will not vape. Doubt i'll even be able to squish much rosin out of it.

theCerberus and Squiby like this.
  7. theCerberus

theCerberus Well-Known Member

ACMPR says 95%-105% advertised weight.

Source: http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2016-230/FullText.html

The best LPs should be aiming for 105% but i've never seen an LP do anything over 100%.

medreleaf is an anomaly if they are giving out more than 100%, and the prices are unreasonably high for anyone not on compassion pricing. $17.50/g+tax for the rex (or whatever that strain is since they have removed genetic info from the public facing site). what a joke. that is the reason i've never tried them. talk about LPs ripping you off; look no further than the guys you seem to praise.

Typically from the 12 LPs I've tried, 5grams is 4.9 which equates to 98%, but can go as low as 4.75 and as high as 5.25.

which means the lowest a 10 gram container should be is 9.5grams.

typically i see 9.8 - 10 grams or 98-100% of a 10 gram container.

In contrast to that, before LPs existed, when I used to go to CALM/Compassion Centres they would make sure to weigh out 7 grams (quarter ounce) as 7.1

this LP thing sucks. we lose a lot over time. I agree.
    feelsbadman.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Jill NYC and biohacker like this.
  8. biohacker

@theCerberus which LP(s) are you presently with/recommend? It seems like 98% of them "cold pasteurize". Not many options, which forces me to more affordable and better quality (IME) MoM's, which aren't exactly legal as you know.

theCerberus likes this.
  9. theCerberus

theCerberus Well-Known Member

I would agree with that number; whats worse is the lack of transparency as LPs have noticed that advertising gamma irradiation makes their batches sell worse than others.

you could sign up for an LP one day then the next when a batch doesnt pass lab tests find them cold pasteurizing for profit instead of taking the loss.

Same with pesticides. Never mind unapproved ones, there are a number of approved pesticides and who knows what LPs are using them. same with flushing. anything could be here one day, gone the next.

i'm sticking with broken coast for now. i dont think its perfect but its the best bud for the price in the ACMPR imo. i have an appointment in a couple weeks and i want to try thc biomed and see whats up with cannafarms again.

biohacker likes this.
  10. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Member

I heard THC biomed has clones. Would be nice to grow in summer if we have the licence to grow.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors