lower temperature= less intense high?

herbivore21

Definitely a headier high at lower temps I find. Much less couch lock too! :D

Also is much less harsh on the upper respiratory tract, you won't necessarily even need water filtration!

Still, if you have some epic nugs covered in beautiful sparkley trichomes, then the low temp high will still be intense, just headier! ;)

herbivore21,

herbivore21

Actually, a lower temp could provide a MORE intense high being that the THC ratio is higher without the stabilizing affects that the other higher temp cannabinoids offer up.
This is possible, however, whilst THCA decarboxilates (starting at lower temps still) and then THC boils at 315f and CBD boils at 356f, that not all of your material is getting evenly heated at the sites where these chemicals are present in a given load in your vaporizer.

Without going too far into it, if you set the temp to 315f on even a high end vape with temp control (the herbalizer/crafty/mighty come to mind), the different densities of cannabinoid deposits and other plant material at different spots in your ground herb (which being ground organic material is going to be distributed unevenly with different sized surfaces which are in contact with different parts of the chamber etc) and myriad other factors could still lead to a decent amount of other cannabinoids being released; including CBD.

Last edited:

lwien

This is possible, however, whilst THCA decarboxilates (starting at lower temps still) and then THC boils at 315f and CBD boils at 356f, that not all of your material is getting evenly heated at the sites where these chemicals are present in a given load in your vaporizer.

Without going too far into it, if you set the temp to 315f on even a high end vape with temp control (the herbalizer/crafty/mighty come to mind), the different densities of cannabinoid deposits and other plant material at different spots in your ground herb (which being ground organic material is going to be distributed unevenly with different sized surfaces which are in contact with different parts of the chamber etc) and myriad other factors could still lead to a decent amount of other cannabinoids being released; including CBD.

Maybe so, but it's been my experience that I get much more of an intense head sativa like high at lower temps than I do at higher temps independent of strain.

killick

But I like it!
I vape at multiple temps. My Inh01 goes from 1 to 9. I can do a full 10 minute session on 3. The flavour is amazing, and the feeling in the forehead is trippy. Then up to 4 for a couple of minutes. Later is 6 and 8 (with water). They are all good, and all different. And the budder out of the Abv has a lot of good stuff in it as well.

killick,

StheDubya

I tend to run lower temps on my VV Battery during the day or just use my cheapo gas station battery. Seems to me the lower temps are better for flavor and don't hit me so heavily. My night time practices are a little different though. Always use my VV turned up a bit. Just to the edge of where it starts to give almost that burnt taste. Definitely seems to produce a heavier effect and makes me sleep like a baby;)

StheDubya,
Reactions: Snappo

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Recently, started a new vaping routine, using two different vaporizers.... one during the daytime, the other at night.

Herbalizer: Daytime sessions. Ceiling temp 175C (regardless of temptation to go higher). Nice effects, very different, regardless of strain. Very clear, energetic.... Can be very strong, as stated by @lwien. When vapor ceases from a bowl, dumped into holding bin for evening session.

Arizer EQ: With DDave mod, the EQ can combust. (Don't go throwing stones at me yet! I didn't say I went there, just saying this as my EQ can go higher temp than my Herbalizer.) So, when it's almost time to retire for the evening, I fire up the EQ, (give her about 5 or so minutes to heat the F/F adapter). Then revape the day's cache of low-temp prevaped materials. Really kicks my @$$ !!!!

At least in my situation with how my Herbalizer is calibrated (2 weeks ago calibrated by Herbalizer company), using a top temp of 175C for daytime sessions gives me the elevation I need and leaves enough goodies in the product that the later evening sessions produce the exact effects I seek - slight elevation with massive sedation.

Hey, Wow! If I ever produce my own RAP album, I am going to title it...

:rockon: Slightly Elevated Massively Sedated :rockon:

And you saw it here, first, on FC!!!! :bowdown:

Ifeejulah Vapor

I love low temp vaping, makes me very creative and allows me to be energized to follow through my my creativity, 165C on the EQ with the Ddave mod is perfect for me....level 2-4 on the Solo. Ive tried out many different temps and lower ones are my favorite!

Higher temps dont get me more high, just more tired, as most people mentioned

Just wanted to throw my experience out there!

Top Bottom