1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Loto Labs Lux (formerly Evoke)

Discussion in 'Upcoming and Unreleased Portable Vaporizers' started by SameOldTim, Sep 5, 2013.

1. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

It looks like the beta testing start now.... I thought it was already done but I filled the form and hope to be choose as a tester. I'm waiting for 2 units I payed for 3 years ago but I don't know my place in the ordering list..

Since the review it looks like the Lux is better for concentrates than flowers....

2. grokit

grokit well-worn member

If you paid through indigogo, you can log in there and figure it out :tup:

PPN likes this.
  3. Astedra

Astedra Well-Known Member

That's disappointing.

grokit likes this.
  4. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Yep. According to the review it kinda-sorta works for flowers. Which is what I purchased it for, lol.

Cheesequake likes this.
  5. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

That sucks its a ^ $300 ecig/wax fancy rig:mental:

6. grokit

grokit well-worn member

Maybe they'll delay another year or two, to work out the kinks so this thing actually functions as promised.

:sherlock:

ShayWhiteGrow likes this.
  7. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

I liked the idea of the tech but still heating weed with metal just differently?:shrug: Guess don't knock it till we try it:D Fo mo years!

Jill NYC and grokit like this.
  8. Astedra

Astedra Well-Known Member

In email I asked loto labs when I will be getting my unit this is what the reply was:

I wish I could. As you might know, we had some manufacturing issues with the metal clips earlier this summer, which we are still trying to resolve. We are custom-making the units until we can find a solution for full scale manufacturing. So, things are in-motion, but it’s a very, very slow motion until we figure out how to scale.
    We should have a better idea of when you'll be receiving your unit within the next few weeks.

grokit and Jill NYC like this.
  9. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Sounds like same shite, different day.

Gregori likes this.
  10. s car go

s car go New Member

Next excuse they will be using is that the unit failed FCC & UL testing and certification and they have to start all over.

grokit and Gregori like this.
  11. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

Is there any news on the Evoke/Lux front...?

Unisonruss likes this.
  12. Unisonruss

Unisonruss Well-Known Member

I know units are being reviewed now, and it looks as though you can order a unit from the website. But...I know a lot of backers don't have a unit (including me), so who knows. I'm still hopeful about having a unit by the end of the year. Fingers crossed!

grokit likes this.
  13. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

NO backers have received one to my knowledge. And they had the site up and running for orders almost immediately. You can order one, you just don't get it, lol.

It has been over 4 years now of "shipping soon now, trust me!"

14. grokit

grokit well-worn member

Maybe they have FINALLY reached the first round of beta testing.

:shrug:

Vapor Loop likes this.
  15. Unisonruss

Unisonruss Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe. I remember an email from a few works back that they were reviewed, and were offering beta units to those daring enough. I typically don't like beta testing, so I didn't throw my hat in the ring.

Vapor Loop likes this.
  16. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

So here is their most recent update...... doesn't seem like Shipping is happening anytime soon (despite what their sign-off says!)

Dear all,
    We know you’ve been wondering where we are with shipping, and what’s been going on. For much of this time, we’ve been wondering this ourselves, and are sorry it’s taken us awhile to get our bearings and get back on track. Fortunately, while we were testing the units we shipped in June, and a few others we built in-office, we discovered some major improvements that required some hush-hush patenting work.

So, while that was going on we kept on testing and making continual improvements on other components. We’ve redesigned various parts and optimized the performance for an incomparable experience.Frankly, we are so happy about these changes and the Lux's performance, we just know it'll prove to have been well worth the wait.

In the next few days, we'll be waiting for a few changes in our mouthpiece to approach completion so we can start getting the show (back) on the road. We promise, despite being slower than anyone expected or desired, it's all coming along well.

Peace, Love, and Shipping again soon,
    Loto Labs

Vapor Loop likes this.
  17. Vapor Loop

Vapor Loop Well-Known Member

I don't think they are willing to ship the few betas they currently have. I filled out the form and have a very extensive background in the wonderful world of vaporizers, It goes all the way back to the late 90's with my own butane powered unit. I noticed one of the questions was are you willing to travel to whatever part of Cali they are located in. I would not be able to do that and think I may not have been contacted due to the fact.

Jill NYC and Unisonruss like this.
  18. Razor

Razor Well-Known Member

https://lotolabs.com/blogs/news/still-heading-to-the-promised-land

just making sure you've all seen this. I'm sure you have, but I wonder who the 24 are going out to and why there isnt video. I'm guessing because they perform horribly on flower which is why i bought it :(

There should be 5 out there somewhere lol. Hell, if they flew me out there themselvs and paid for my room and board.. I'd gladly go out there.

grokit likes this.
  19. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

They very possibly had to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) which would also account for their silence.

Razor and grokit like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors