• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Loto Labs Lux (formerly Evoke)

Krazy

I did not get that memo. I don't think I requested that back in the day.

I am transitioning to VapCap as a primary method so even if I like the Evoke I might be selling or gifting it so no monogram is good for me. And while I liked the original design better? It is a bootstrapped tech product prototype. It could lot a lot worse.

A lot LOT worse....

bong-dildo-620x529.jpg

Last edited:

Razor

Razor,
Reactions: dingus

Vapor Loop

At least there is visual confirmation that they are making it, that will put that haters at ease.

I don't think anything short of us leaving positive feedback after getting our units will do that.

At least the thread is interesting. Original design looked good put its grown into an ugly ducking that looks more toy like than tool. Shame :(

The Ghost vape looks closer to the original size, That and it seems to have the performance we wish this would, But then again that vid showing all three in use is quite old at this point.

I decided I will be keeping mine considering the low price I paid, It will be my designated asthma tincture and cbd vape. I even took advantage of that custom monograming and got Rx put on mine. I get too much shit in public using my Dr approved life saving asthma tinctures.

s car go

I decided I will be keeping mine considering the low price I paid, It will be my designated asthma tincture and cbd vape.

That assumes it works as advertised.

Its really difficult to get much power out of a single cell battery when powering the circuitry necessary for an induction system. Induction is less efficient at getting power into a "load" than a direct resistive heating system. Restive heating has almost zero power loss from parasitic resistance or other losses. Almost all of the energy going into the coil is converted to heat. A little bit is lost as light but that's about it. On the other hand induction heating power supplies have losses through out the relatively complex circuitry chain. There are also losses from the portion of the magnetic field that is not absorbed by the load. If induction is compared to resistive heating, induction looses by a significant amount. However it is a neat technology. I could dispute some of the claims they make but who really cares?

I can see why the cost is so high to manufacture the pipe.

Look at all that aluminum they are throwing away by carving the body out of a solid block. And that's just the start of the body.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astedra

They had free monograming on pre orders to at one point, I ordered it last year and I got free monograming and I wasn't in the first 60.

Astedra,

Vapor Loop

That assumes it works as advertised.

Did you miss the vid? It very clearly worked great with wax and juice tinctures, Take a look through the entire thread it's there.

How did you proceed to ask for the monograming?

I just e-mailed and asked, And I was not one of the first 60. I never heard anything till now about only the first 60 getting that option, But I would go ahead and e-mail soon they started this weeks ago.

Vapor Loop,

dingus

How did you proceed to ask for the monograming?

Are you one of the first 60?

iirc, originally all indiegogo supporters were supposed to receive monogramming and a water pipe attachment. And they said they would reach out to us by email about the monogramming when production began.

i wouldn't be surprised if they're changing their name for business reasons. a google search brings up nothing but their negative past, from indiegogo & hobby forums like this, to reddit and vaporizer blogs. a name change would almost be like starting over on the internet.

Last edited:

Krazy

Hi All,

Just a quick, mid-month check-in to let you know that things still look good and there are no snags to report (tepid "hooray?"). Our manufacturer still maintains that June looks very likely for when we can start shipping. So, we're getting a little antsy-in-the-pantsy. They've also cautioned us that there may still be an unforeseen snag or two looming, while also urging us to take some "chill pills," and "a hot bath," because things are well on track. The ambiguity has not done much to alleviate the antsy-in-the-pantsy.

We also want to let you know we'll be posting blurb/updates leading up to shipping in a running blog we're calling "Countdown to Shipping," which, despite a lot of pushing, will not be a gripping tale about a boy and his dog. We know some of you may appreciate glimpses of "how the sausage is made," so we figured this was a decent way to do that. If you're into that sort of thing, please feel free to check out this blog link regularly as we sail to the end of the month, and/or battle a monster or twenty along the way.
Our first post features a video of our testing a backup process laser cutting wood veneers into pieces of awesomeness. This is one of a few backup processes we've put in place to make sure we're doing everything in our power to avoid any more potential snags--if something happens with our wood order, we'll have it covered. You get the idea.

That's all for now. Wherever you are, please have a great weekend, and, as always, thank you for your patience and support. Know that we're pushing hard for y'all (and maybe ourselves a little bit).

Peace, Love, and Vaping,

The Loto Labs Family

HD Springer

To be honest I think it's cool that the dream is still alive and it appears to be getting close and closer to becoming a reality. If it heats like they say then it will be the first of its kind. At least mass produced anywho.

The people that got in early are in with not a lot of skin in the game so for all those it's a front row seat to all that's new in vaporizing. Hopefully.
I'll keep watching this thread because it should be well worth it one way or another.

Astedra

I mean that's got to be the worst warranty for a high end vape out there, and in the beginning they where talking about a 5 year warranty. What's their reason for such a short warranty I wonder.

Last edited:
Astedra,

Teenthontik

Babylon Is Burning
The optimism on this thread is astonishing!
The Great Vape 'n' Roll Swindle
by the petty bobo(bohemian bourgeoise)

Cheers TOT with Love

Teenthontik,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The optimism on this thread is astonishing!
The Great Vape 'n' Roll Swindle
by the petty bobo(bohemian bourgeoise)

Cheers TOT with Love
I'm following this thread from the beginning and there is not so much optimism... I would even say the opposite, most are disappointed how big this vape turns to be and there is a lot of doubts about vapor production since the lack of videos (just one or 2 for flower usage showing a single hit and another slightly better showing concentrate usage). And now they are still delaying shipping month after month and I'm pretty concerned what @s car go posted about the single battery being too weak to power any induction system (or leading to a very short battery autonomy and lifespan), it might to be true.

edit: if it was only possible a lot of guys had get their money back at now!

PPN,
Reactions: grokit

tepictoton

And it seems the people over at Haze with their model Haze Merge will be taking away the claim that the Evoke is the first induction heated vape...

tepictoton,
Reactions: Krazy

Astedra

I'm still hoping that at the price of 300$, it's going to be $400, there hasn't been a vape that at least wasn't decent, so this one will at least be ok.

Astedra,

Krazy

Tepictoton: thanks for that; to funny.

That was my prediction way, way, waaay back in the day for Loto Labs. That they would frak around so long that it would no longer even be the first induction heated vape.

At least they are still the first 1960s scifi looking vape/sextoy.:tup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom