Discontinued Loto Labs Lux (formerly Evoke)

sasNW

We don't, but this thread will be here for a while. It appears they will surpass their funding goal for sure, which puts them on the hook for producing something. how anyone could expect to go from concept to production in under a year is well beyond me.(I'd guess a minimum if 2 will be required for a solid unit). But now It's a matter of will this thread turn into 2 years of updates followed by info on the legal action taking place, or will we see a new vape? Only time will tell, but I could not agree more that it seems like they are praying for $69,999 of free business capital. I think a flexible funding campaign is a joke but best of luck. and I hope any FCer that gave them money gets something good in return:peace:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

This is one excerpt which actually attracted my attention a great deal:

Q. Will we be able to buy a cheaper knock-off of an induction vaporizer in the near future?

A. No, we have our intellectual property protected and our app and website will be able to tell if you have a genuine product or not. We feel at the Evoke's low price that getting the real product will be your best option and we hope you support our campaign.

Hummm... Intellectual property, as in "patent"??

39.gif

Well i suppose this must be referenced (and linked!) on the LotoLabs web site already, so we can all get real details from Google Patents, finally!!
26.gif

Lets see:

http://www.lotolabs.com/

« ...currently the President of Fundality Inc., an equity crowdfunding portal. ... ...credited with several patents. »

So, unless i'm mistaking this is THE man to ask about it all!

:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Salutations,

This is one excerpt which actually attracted my attention a great deal:

Q. Will we be able to buy a cheaper knock-off of an induction vaporizer in the near future?

A. No, we have our intellectual property protected and our app and website will be able to tell if you have a genuine product or not. We feel at the Evoke's low price that getting the real product will be your best option and we hope you support our campaign.

Hummm... Intellectual property, as in "patent"??

39.gif

Well i suppose this must be referenced (and linked!) on the LotoLabs web site already, so we can all get real details from Google Patents, finally!!
26.gif

Lets see:

http://www.lotolabs.com/

« ...currently the President of Fundality Inc., an equity crowdfunding portal. ... ...credited with several patents. »

So, unless i'm mistaking this is THE man to ask about it all!

You are correct, Neeraj is the main one being Loto.
Tim

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm in for this vape for one LL+ one EO+shipping.....

I want to believe it, maybe I'm a bit "naîf"

Hi staff menbers do you have any infos about the serious of this guys? are you in contact with them?

I'm not in hurry, I understood I'll don't put my hands on this vapes before 2015, so I try to don't think too much about it!

PPN,
Reactions: sasNW

Unisonruss

Fingers crossed...really want this vape to be amazing, and to be here by their projected date.

Unisonruss,
Reactions: Jared

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Looks like Loto hired Focus Product Design to design and engineer the evoke. I'm sure if that's good or bad yet, i just remember the Uptoke from back in early 2013, which still hasn't shipped or even a prototype shown.

At least there are more eyes on it now, that should speed the R&D of the evoke.

T

Edit, The Uptoke actually did have a prototype they showed in their video from last March.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Okay I confess, I dropped $79 on the flower model:D. If I end up with a functional unit that looks anything like the renderings, I don't care how long it takes to arrive. Anyways here's the latest:

"Greetings from the Loto Labs Team,

It's been a busy few weeks here working on the Evoke, and guess what? We reached our GOAL... still with 10 days left in the campaign!! This is HUGE, and we can't thank you enough for all of your support.

We're happy to announce that we've hired Focus Product Design to help us develop the Evoke, a process that is already underway.

Even though we've reached our goal, there are still Evokes up for grabs on the Indiegogo site. Tell your friends to get them now because the price will be going up once the campaign ends.
Also, we'd like to tell you about our first stretch goal: Bluetooth connectivity. We think in order to maximize the functionality and ease of use of the Evoke, it should interact via Bluetooth. If we reach our stretch goal of $90,000, all units will be equipped with Bluetooth technology. It's another good reason to tell your friends about the Evoke.

If you haven't been back to the campaign site in a while, you should go check it out. That's where we'll be posting news, updated FAQ, new perks, and new reviews that have been written about the Evoke.

Peace, love, and vaping,
The Loto Labs Team"

tepictoton

So...this a going to be a conduction vaporizer but heated with induction? Or am I thinking wrong....I mean, it seems to me at least the LL version will be, they clearly state it is the mesh that heats up, thus heating the material. How is this different from other conduction vapes?

Just asking because this is unclear to me...

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations TEpicToton,

...this a going to be a conduction vaporizer...

Any new details about their Induction Heat-Exchanger???

:rofl:

Couldn't help it! Sorry... M'well, actually the previous demo videos certainly looked pretty much like what's going on inside an MLFB cavity, which ain't much convection unless i've missed some important information before.

:shrug:

...heated with induction?

The Evoke team did promise induction-related features as i recall...

:nod:

...they clearly state it is the mesh that heats up, thus heating the material. How is this different from other conduction vapes?

If only that metal screen could be made to never reach combustion temperature and yet work in a portable then who would deeply care about using conduction + radiated heat!

Hummm... Though is this possible/realistic at all?

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations StickStones,

What exactly will having bluetooth accomplish for my vaporizing experience?

Quite. I'd even add, Indeed! What exactly? Because so far nobody here seems to have a clue!

:nod:

What could it be is another matter since all i care when i come here is to read about the Evoke Vaporizer, evidently!

Not you?

Egzoset,

Breathemetal

It sure looks dope.
Hope it releases and works well!
If so i could see this thing selling like crazy.

Breathemetal,

Loto Labs

Manufacturer
The EVOKE will be charged through a USB cable. When this USB is connected to a computer or smartphone, the computer can download usage data and upload settings changes. Bluetooth will allow the settings, usage data and some security functions to be done wirelessly in addition to doing those things via USB.

Breathemetal

Dope.
I like odd techy features like that.
More so, the aesthetics have won me over...now make this thing happen! :)

Breathemetal,
Reactions: Loto Labs

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Anyone else notice the 100 pack perks, there were 6 of them "sold".

Could that be the Loto guys helping the campaign along like how they were the "backers" from their first campaign.

T

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Looks like Loto hired Focus Product Design to design and engineer the evoke. I'm sure if that's good or bad yet, i just remember the Uptoke from back in early 2013, which still hasn't shipped or even a prototype shown.

At least there are more eyes on it now, that should speed the R&D of the evoke.

T

Edit, The Uptoke actually did have a prototype they showed in their video from last March.
I was perfectly happy with this campaign UNTIL I saw who they have hired. Uptoke? Really? I think my IH oil vape just turned into a charity raffle ticket . . .

Top Bottom