• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Loto Labs Lux (formerly Evoke)

dingus

Yep. Bigger and more plasticky than originally shown.

Given that, they should simply go balls deep on the star trek dildo vibe.

Remember when they said they wanted this to be the first "luxury" vape, designed with old-school wooden pipes in mind, and something that'd double as a kool display piece?

:cool:

If @Dan Morrison had been around earlier, I would have never wasted my money on this.

I guess receiving something is better than nothing. I wonder if the engraving and water pipe will come through tho.. aren't they legally bound to follow through with that due 2 indiegogo?

Last edited:
dingus,
Reactions: Gregori

Krazy

In my experience Indiegogo and Kickstarter do very little to help in that regard. Keep in mind that once funding has been reached and paid out the crowd funding agencies have taken a cut as well.

Even projects that are blatantly a scam because science? The funding sites are loath to do anything about unless and until many members formally complain. The 2 below are ones that I pledged a $1 to simply so I could comment and warn people.

Tesla magik lighter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/878602552/tesla-self-rechargeable-electronic-lighter

Triton magik scuba.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/triton-world-s-last-artificial-gills-scam#/
The glossy concept vid very much reminds me of LotoLabs

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Have there been any successful tests of a prototype by anyone? I've only seen their own in-house staged videos and the video of it failing by a 3rd party.
I was expecting you got some news on your side, do you think they are lying while speaking about to start production...? I agree there is no probe of a working vaporizer...I remenber you told us to live close of Lotolabs loft (since we can't speak about a working space), maybe you can try to spy for us....tell them you carry a pizza they ordered!

PPN,
Reactions: grokit

dingus

In my experience Indiegogo and Kickstarter do very little to help in that regard. Keep in mind that once funding has been reached and paid out the crowd funding agencies have taken a cut as well.

Even projects that are blatantly a scam because science? The funding sites are loath to do anything about unless and until many members formally complain. The 2 below are ones that I pledged a $1 to simply so I could comment and warn people.

Tesla magik lighter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/878602552/tesla-self-rechargeable-electronic-lighter

Triton magik scuba.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/triton-world-s-last-artificial-gills-scam#/
The glossy concept vid very much reminds me of LotoLabs

Amazing - I just finished reading the fyre festival lawsuit updates (lol), so I got nostalgic and wanted to reminisce about the time I got scammed & checked this thread. Thanks for the additional reading, the trichicken is hilarious.

The triton would be badass if it were actually possible, 2bad.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Have there been any successful tests of a prototype by anyone? I've only seen their own in-house staged videos and the video of it failing by a 3rd party.
Forgotten this video:

At least there is a prototype and it seems to work with concentrates...

PPN,

Astedra

Seems to work better with concentrates then dry herb, you have to wait too long for dry herb to produce vapor.

Astedra,
Reactions: PPN

Baron23

Just a couple of thoughts, one...that thing looks HUGE. In his hands, which provide a comparison, it looks really large. Two, they need to find a way to fix the metallic heating core (the piece that you drop down in the middle of your load to get hot from the induction field) to the capsule, that is, make them one assembly or at least capture the heating core somehow. Otherwise lost and gone and I don't think folks will care for that at all.

Baron23,

Astedra

Just a couple of thoughts, one...that thing looks HUGE. In his hands, which provide a comparison, it looks really large. Two, they need to find a way to fix the metallic heating core (the piece that you drop down in the middle of your load to get hot from the induction field) to the capsule, that is, make them one assembly or at least capture the heating core somehow. Otherwise lost and gone and I don't think folks will care for that at all.
Yeah I agree, that's the one thing I'm not thrilled about is the heating core when you dump your abv. The size doesn't bother me.

Astedra,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
That flower usage video is not very impressive...

Like I said it looked like a cheap chinese vape, I prefer how it looks now.
Here I disagree and don't understand how you can prefer the new design ... which aspect do you like?

Just found a pretty new name for this one: the MouseVape... only miss the queue!

PPN,

Krazy

I'm not seeing the new design as better, but to each their own.

The original was smaller, which is what I wanted. More to the point the new design is almost entirely plastic with either wood or fake wood inserts. It looks like an oversized teevee remote to me.

The original was actual wood.

evoke.jpg

Astedra

They obviously couldn't do that size as the 18650 is a big battery. I don't understand the exagaration saying that's it's as big as the mighty.

Astedra,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
They obviously couldn't do that size as the 18650 is a big battery. I don't understand the exagaration saying that's it's as big as the mighty.
A lot of vapes don't use 18650 at all, generally the autonomy suffer of that, look at the Firefly, ESV, Grasshopper and maybe more I don't remenber... Is Lotolabs was claiming to use 18650 from the beginning (maybe yes cause I remenber a talk about to send IG units without batteries to save some cost, so they supposed user will find batteries easily or must to buy them from Lotolabs).

Maybe it will be a nice portable induction heater for the Vapcap...

PPN,

Astedra

A lot of vapes don't use 18650 at all, generally the autonomy suffer of that, look at the Firefly, ESV, Grasshopper and maybe more I don't remenber... Is Lotolabs was claiming to use 18650 from the beginning (maybe yes cause I remenber a talk about to send IG units without batteries to save some cost, so they supposed user will find batteries easily or must to buy them from Lotolabs).

Maybe it will be a nice portable induction heater for the Vapcap...

The Firefly well the first one had horrible battery, and the grasshopper battery aint that great, 18650 is a very common battery and cheap.

Astedra,

Krazy

Has anybody received their Evoke pipe yet?
Did you read any of this thread before posting your question? If you had, you would have your answer.

Yes; that. they haven't actually made any yet. This started out as a thread by posters that had pledged to the startup or wished that they had. As time went on the became posters that had pledged and wished that they had NOT.

Every 1/2 year or so the creators/manufacturers release an update claiming that any day now they will be sending out the product. It never happens. this thread started in SEP2013.

Krazy,

Razor

Yes; that. they haven't actually made any yet. This started out as a thread by posters that had pledged to the startup or wished that they had. As time went on the became posters that had pledged and wished that they had NOT.

Every 1/2 year or so the creators/manufacturers release an update claiming that any day now they will be sending out the product. It never happens. this thread started in SEP2013.

I would love to see something claiming that any day they would be sending the product. I've never seen one and I have am actually number 150 on the list as a first adopter. What I HAVE seen is updates about the product and why it has been delayed which is how kickstarters usually go. I saw the possibility in this product and that's what I bought into. If it doesn't work out, I am aware that I'm out 79 dollars. If it does work out, I know that I got a 300 dollar product for 79 bucks.

I have emailed evoke (that's how I got my number or whatever). I asked exactly what I'll be getting and this is what they said.

My question was what exactly will I be getting. They answer pretty quickly as well. They've answered most emails within a day.

"Thanks for your support! You’ll be getting the full package. A beautifully crafted induction vaporizer, the first ever of its kind, instructions, as well as six capsules (two for each kind of material), and accompanying susceptors (induction heating elements). We’re happy to report that you will also be receive a battery in a separate box, which was a requirement for shipping. We can’t wait for you to try it! ''

I originally got this when it was 3 separate packages so I'm happy that I'm actually getting more than I paid for as I was only supposed to be getting the loose leaf version which they fortunately merged into one package.

It sucks to wait, but this is what you guys bought into. It's a waiting game for anything off kickstarter. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to wait until they actually send me something to bash before I needlessly start going crazy.

Krazy

If it doesn't work out, I am aware that I'm out 79 dollars. If it does work out, I know that I got a 300 dollar product for 79 bucks.

It sucks to wait, but this is what you guys bought into. It's a waiting game for anything off kickstarter. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to wait until they actually send me something to bash before I needlessly start going crazy.
All very true! And while I hope it eventually works out? In the mean time I'm getting entertainment value from this thread.

And if/when I get mine? I will totally claim to never have doubted!

Top Bottom