Loss of interest for water filtration...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well, this is a surprise. I'm getting way less irritation doing dabs without water.

I've had a theory for a number of years that a lot of the perceived harshness might come from cooling the vapor - "slamming on the brakes" and forcing the vapor out of phase, back into a liquid.

But I can't really quantify it, just something I've wondered through observation.

snamuh

ghost
Just realized I didn't used my bubblers since a while and rarely even think about water filtration now.... not sure but I'm under the feeling the need of filtration/accessories is something you like as a newbie and all the enthusiasm!

Personnaly I enjoyed a lot bong hits (smoke, no vapor) when I was a kid until I stopped totally a few years after, a few years ago I discover vaporizers and quickly the enjoyment pushed me in a short glass addict syndrom, but now I'm thinking I don't need that anymore.... maybe cause I manage to choose my temp better, to fill my vapes with the perfect amount/grind/pack and to handle the vapor through my airways in a more delicate manner.

Maybe I'm mistaken and the long winter evenings will lead me to fill my bubblers!
I like low temp dry vapor through bongs.

If i use water I usually use a hydrotube.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I've had a theory for a number of years that a lot of the perceived harshness might come from cooling the vapor - "slamming on the brakes" and forcing the vapor out of phase, back into a liquid.

But I can't really quantify it, just something I've wondered through observation.

Interesting. Other possibilities I'm thinking about are moist hits cause my lungs to start trying to eject the moisture? Or maybe the smoothing of the vapour from the water means I'm going way passed my actual coughing 'choke point' without realising it and just taking in way too much vapour. I've yet again reached another level of not coughing.

The timing is great as I really am taking a stupid risk vaping during the shit we're currently going thru.

The new piece I have is barely an egg cups worth of water, if that, so hopefully I've found a happy medium. The Rattlecan's vapour path doesnt go thru that much water, but the piece does contain a lot of water.

Whatever the actual issue, I'm not going to be using much water in glass anymore, if at all.

Keep your temps low folks, please protect your lungs while the pandemic is in full swing.

CalyxSmokr

Everytime I try vaping dry I'm quicky reminded why I love water filtration so much. Dry vaping just irritates my throat too much that I can hardly finish the bowl, while water-filtered vapor almost not at all, it's been a game-changer for me. I'm not losing the interest in the slightest.
yeah I get as far as using the glass tube for the enano and right back to water piece. havent tried a mobius clone dry so I guess it is time. But my hopes are not high.

snamuh

ghost
yeah I get as far as using the glass tube for the enano and right back to water piece. havent tried a mobius clone dry so I guess it is time. But my hopes are not high.

Tbh i feel like it depends on the "Vape Signature". I have an enano and i can see how using it dry could be harsh.

Da buddah as well can be kind of irritating dry sometimes at higher temps.

The flowerpot, dynavap, and solo, seem fine to me to use dry.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I got my first ever(other than hash) concentrates a couple of weeks ago after they started carrying them at the nearest adult legal dispensary: shatter, rosin, wax, and oil. Bought an EZ Sai vape to try 'em. Straight hits are just too much for my lungs, compromised by many years of smoking, resulting in coughing after the hits and wheezing that night and next day. So I got the wpa from HVT and hooked it to my small SP Globe. Better hits but awkward and unsteady set-up. So I ordered the little dedicated Poseidon bubbler and it arrived yesterday. Set it up and did some shatter, some wax, and some more shatter, all without one cough. And this morning no wheezing. The Sai with the Poseidon appears to be the perfect combo for my concentrate experimentation. Only drawback: My Crafty, Fury 2, and VapCap collection are feeling neglected.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
...and VapCap collection are feeling neglected.

The other two I'm not sure about, but the vapcap can work great with concentrates, I know thats what phatpiggie does for instance, and I used to do it. Its a bit of relearning, and helps if theres a bed of flower, or cotton (phatpiggie uses rayon). But yeah, you can still get those vapcaps going :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: ataxian

howie105

I come and go on the water option or even the need for more then a stem. I have noticed that recently when I do grab a piece I am usually reaching for the smaller volume ones. I initially thought it may have had something to do with the vapes I am using but I still use FrankinBuddha with a short stem and the Nano with a MFLB globe. Maybe its a psychotic muse or just a slow changing evolution in my tastes? In any case I am finding this discussion very interesting so thanks everyone.

GetLeft

I feel that diffusing vapor before it enters my lungs provides me with better absorption and more effective results. I like water for that purpose but my need for stealth around the house never allowed me to use water easily. Until I had no choice. I had some unanticipated lung issues and found out pretty quickly how to run my nano stealthily through a bubbler. My lung issues resolved once I got a bit of medical attention but I won't return to using my nano without h20 unless I have no option. Just can't be forcing hot dry air into my warm moist lungs anymore. Conditioning the vapor by putting it through some warm water makes its arrival to my lungs less dramatic. The other day out of curiosity I tried to use a long xlr8r stem with my milaana just to see if I could handle it. The answer was no. While running my vapes through water is my preference, diffusion is the key issue with me. I've been using a couple of diffusing stems and they suit me well so I'm certain using my bubbler dry would do the trick well also.

justcametomind

I used glass dry since a long time, and I’m losing interest in glass too. It may be just me, I’m lucky enough not having asthma or any lung issue and I realized that lowering the temperature has quite the same effect than glass for me.
Since I’m a patient weed availability is no more an issue and there’s no need to squeeze it to the last cannabinoid hurting my respiratory system.
I find that having the setup glass+desktop vape always ready to go also leads me to overuse and that’s another good reason.

Cwglazier

I love you like a brother from a different mom!
My family doesn’t like my CANNABIS use?
It’s safer than most item’s?
In SOUTH AFRICA where acre’s of CANNABIS COLAS lined the foothill’s (COLINA’S in SPANISH) Durban POISON in the 70’s it was called?
NORTH of where I’m presently grow this same strain to make a strain called GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
In order to be understood by the masses it is: GSC for short?
Been medicated dry lately however I need to break out one of my water pipe’s!
I would absolutely love to find a real Durban again. It seems impossible or at least very breed down. Even GSC is a very kush type plant I believe. I'll try some seed I found in GSC and OG kush which got mixed up. Still would love a durban. Grew powerplant before-doc chronic, and had a mix of strawberry D x PP x timewarp. Only mixes I've tried. Where is a good place if you dont mind my asking?

Cwglazier,

GoldenBud

I would absolutely love to find a real Durban again. It seems impossible or at least very breed down. Even GSC is a very kush type plant I believe. I'll try some seed I found in GSC and OG kush which got mixed up. Still would love a durban. Grew powerplant before-doc chronic, and had a mix of strawberry D x PP x timewarp. Only mixes I've tried. Where is a good place if you dont mind my asking?
I tried glookies in amsterdam (it's gg4 x gsc). it is.. special.
try searching for that.

GoldenBud,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Just realized I didn't used my bubblers since a while and rarely even think about water filtration now.... not sure but I'm under the feeling the need of filtration/accessories is something you like as a newbie and all the enthusiasm!

Personnaly I enjoyed a lot bong hits (smoke, no vapor) when I was a kid until I stopped totally a few years after, a few years ago I discover vaporizers and quickly the enjoyment pushed me in a short glass addict syndrom, but now I'm thinking I don't need that anymore.... maybe cause I manage to choose my temp better, to fill my vapes with the perfect amount/grind/pack and to handle the vapor through my airways in a more delicate manner.

Maybe I'm mistaken and the long winter evenings will lead me to fill my bubblers!
Everyone is different, glad you found what works for you.
The hits I get from a bubbler aren't achievable dry...and one of my favorite parts of vaping is those huge ripparoos! I do like to take it slow with my Solo 2 and sesh on the patio, but the majority of the time I'm inside taking a fat rip to the dome. Been vaping since 2015, started off dry, and have evolved to water.

AJS,

lazylathe

Almost there...
MEDELLO KUSH = GRANDDADDY + POWERPLANT

OUTDOOR is more affordable than INDOOR?

Homegrown is more affordable!!
Just harvested TODAY!
Drying and then curing for a few months...

EDIT to add actual thread content....

I have not used water for many years now as I find it removes and alters the flavor for me slightly. There also seems to be more brown blobs collected with water that what the oil coating will provide but not sure.
The water smells nasty quickly as well and finding cranberry concentrate in Canada is almost impossible...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
you get better results with the outdoor, or just more yield? haha
I have grown outside and indoor!

I understand for those who are challenged by the elements indoor is the way to go!

I grow outdoor’s back in the day due to lack of cash!
Lucky to have nature watching my every move?
Being in the ISLAND’s helped!
My friend’s from SOUTH AFRICA were just like the CALIFORNIA native’s?
Trading our love for CANNABIS created harmony!
I haven’t used WP’s lately because I have to clean between session’s!
@lazylathe know’s my banter?

Top Bottom