Los Angeles Extends Smoking Ban to E-Cigs

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just knew this was going to happen. All those idiots walking down the street, chugging e-cigs, looking like the Steam Engine below! Or taking them into restaurants or shops, releasing the same clouds. Even full on smokers, back in the day, didn't make such an epic presentation of defiance while puffing away during a meal! So, anyone else not see this coming?

Looks like another case of Abuse It & Lose It!

http://healthland.time.com/2014/03/05/los-angeles-extends-smoking-ban-to-e-cigs/

tornado-a1-steam-train.jpg

So much for whipping out the Solo in the Mall and taking a huge rip! LOL :rockon:

DDave,
Reactions: JCat

max

Out to lunch
Even full on smokers, back in the day, didn't make such an epic presentation of defiance while puffing away during a meal! So, anyone else not see this coming?
You really think this is a result of blatant e-cig use? If the use was hidden, as if the e-cig user was doing something wrong, the scutiny would just be more intense.

So much for whipping out the Solo in the Mall and taking a huge rip!
Seems like you're wanting to do the same thing with mj, that you're complaining about e-cig users doing.

"City council members feared that e-cigarettes could lure non-smokers into a habit dangerously akin to smoking."

People are dumb, so I can see some who have never smoked adopting the use of e-cigs if it becomes 'cool', but being afraid of people going from e-cigs to tobacco is stupid beyond belief. 99.9% of e-cig users are trying to give up smoking. Can you imagine a non smoker going from a smooth, tasty e-cig to enjoying harsh, chemical laden cigarettes, and at a higher cost?

“I will not support anything that might attract one new smoker,” said City Council President Herb Wesson."

So Herb thinks it better to make it harder on smokers who are trying to quit. What he's supporting is cancer and heart disease, instead of good health.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
You really think this is a result of blatant e-cig use?
I do, not solely, but at least partly.

Any time I've seen anything questionable being done blatantly, like flaunting "I know this bothers you, and not only do I not care, but I blow smoke in your general direction to rub it in..." ... well, that privilege seems to be soon lost.

Seems like you're wanting to do the same thing with mj, that you're complaining about e-cig users doing.
That was a joke.... I'm all about stealth (see my solo posts) and joking constantly, sarcastically, etc.. (referencing most any other post of mine).

Bottom line, just like those who openly blazed blunts at our local beach.... then were probably shocked when the beach became regularly staffed by sheriffs..... Flaunt something questionable and lose it...

My posting was not meant to focus on benefits to health in using ecigs or forcing smokers to remain combusters.... that's a whole nother story as I see kids flood into the local smoke shops buying those cheap (what they can afford) units (who knows what they off-gas as they slowly decompose) and cheaper nic juice (again, who knows what's in there besides nicotine).

Kief

Medicated
So, anyone else not see this coming?
I thought it already happened - Yup Los Angeles just got crazier.

Personally, I would not have cared about public e-cig use one bit... until some teenage asshole decided to blow his fruity cloud in my face, I did not ask for that. It's possible that we wouldn't need laws like this if the majority of users were considerate enough to keep their exhaust to themselves.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I thought it already happened - Yup Los Angeles just got crazier.
Personally, I would not have cared about public e-cig use one bit... until some teenage asshole decided to blow his fruity cloud in my face, I did not ask for that. It's possible that we wouldn't need laws like this if the majority of users were considerate enough to keep their exhaust to themselves.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Keif here went from not caring about public e-cig use to now at least considering the usefulness of the law/ban. (absolutely correct me if I misread the above).

First time I stated anything to this effect was in this posting in January...
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/anna-lucia-vape-penning-at-the-knicks-game.12183/#post-521741

Late Edit: THIS GUY SAYS IT ALL! He's captured the original goal of my post!

Last edited:
Top Bottom