Looking to Maximize Effect - Amount vs Potency

biohacker

Great post @Deja Vu ! You got it figured out forsure. What's interesting to me is that the last time I t-break'ed for 2 weeks, it TOOK 2 weeks for the tolerance to skyrocket....everyone of those days I binged and felt incredibly high because I microdosed from morning until night (when not at work) and thought I had it all figured out, and then WAM the tolerance skyrocketed....concentrates can decimate my tolerance near instantly.

With respect to the detox and neurotoxin....why does the body start getting RID of THC and metabolites almost instantly? From everything I have read in chinese medicine and others in the alternative fields, it is definitely a toxin.

LOL! Moving off thread with that one :rofl:

Can't wait. I love it when you talk dirty to me! :ko:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Great post @Deja Vu ! You got it figured out forsure. What's interesting to me is that the last time I t-break'ed for 2 weeks, it TOOK 2 weeks for the tolerance to skyrocket....everyone of those days I binged and felt incredibly high because I microdosed from morning until night (when not at work) and thought I had it all figured out, and then WAM the tolerance skyrocketed....concentrates can decimate my tolerance near instantly.

With respect to the detox and neurotoxin....why does the body start getting RID of THC and metabolites almost instantly? From everything I have read in chinese medicine and others in the alternative fields, it is definitely a toxin.

Can't wait. I love it when you talk dirty to me! :ko:
I never knew for sure but would be fascinated to read up on it! Will go and do so now I think. I see it as more of a nutrient! :lol: how blissfully unaware of me, lol

biohacker

It's easy to see it that way on a forum like this. But once you do your research, and/or experiment on your own genetics you will see what kind of real effects it can have on you, especially when you cease usage. Some people have harder times than others, and there are so many variables to factor in the equation. IMO the poison is in the dose. For me personally, I need to treat it like any other drug...dosage, frequency, and definitely side effects. There is definitely an effects on neurtransmitters and hormones, and for every reaction - there is an equal an opposite reaction. So for me, everything is helps with, when I go off of it, I get the exact opposite rebound effects.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
It's easy to see it that way on a forum like this. But once you do your research, and/or experiment on your own genetics you will see what kind of real effects it can have on you, especially when you cease usage. Some people have harder times than others, and there are so many variables to factor in the equation. IMO the poison is in the dose. For me personally, I need to treat it like any other drug...dosage, frequency, and definitely side effects. There is definitely an effects on neurtransmitters and hormones, and for every reaction - there is an equal an opposite reaction. So for me, everything is helps with, when I go off of it, I get the exact opposite rebound effects.
Well said. I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for verbalising that. Proper understanding of that information is vital to knowing your own personal balance with MJ.

LongIslandmom

My tolerance has plateued at a nice level, and I am maintaining it by only vaping 1 or 2 hits a day. If I do have more than 1-2 hits I do not feel guilty or worries that my tolerance will be ruined, because my level of tolerance allows for a little wake&bake or extended-sesh here and there, because I am always prepared to make up for it by limiting my access to weed for a small time after the 'increased intake' periods of vaping :)
I also take small breaks by intentionally not bringing my portable on long trips, drives or family occasions. I also do NOT bring a packed vape with me to work unless I'm feeling as if I deserve a little treat to add some excitement to this strange life.
I can tell straight away if my tolerance has been effected because I just don't get as high as i'd expect from a hit, and this usually turns me off weed for a day or two and acts as a useful natural deterrent from abusing it's magical properties again :)

So overall I sit at a comfortable LOW tolerance and low intake, but can also unexpectedly vape all day and night without annihilating myself. My blood has a constant percentage of THC in it (and proud of it!)

As a side note also, I love hearing about friends (all bong smokers) saying they are 'detoxing from weed' so often.. Every week I hear complaints. "My lungs hurt, headaches, muscle pain, weakness, coughing, anxiety, etc etc"

Last time I checked, THC is not a neurotoxin so what do they think they are detoxing from? Oh that's right.. all the junk that is created during combustion..
Hey it's LIMOM

So I was finally able to take advantage of the awesome recycler and I have made some edibles. Went away over the weekend but felt like my tolerance was shooting back up. I went 6 weeks without anything. I don't live in a MMJ state and can only get what is available. Throat is doing better and I took off yesterday and am taking off today but I just don't fell like I really even took this break.

It's not like I can pick and choose strains; I am hoping that some better grade will come thru. I tried to show the girls I was with the whole vaping thing but they just couldn't get it.

Why do you think that it's not affecting me that much?

LongIslandmom,

biohacker

Hey LIMom! Glad to hear your throat is better! And you FINALLY caved in on the edibles!

Sounds pretty classic to me, after every break i've ever taken, tolerance shoots right back up! It's a longer journey for some of us to maintain that lower tolerance. I am on day 16 of my t-break now! SO many positive benefits, but still such a struggle with certain things, namely - sleep.

How much and often have you been vaping?

LongIslandmom

Hey LIMom! Glad to hear your throat is better! And you FINALLY caved in on the edibles!

Sounds pretty classic to me, after every break i've ever taken, tolerance shoots right back up! It's a longer journey for some of us to maintain that lower tolerance. I am on day 16 of my t-break now! SO many positive benefits, but still such a struggle with certain things, namely - sleep.

How much and often have you been vaping?
Hey Biohacker
The max on any day was 3 times; how much anywhere from 1/2 elb to a full 1. I don't know in grams.
I ate some but I don't think the cookies I made were very effective. I still have some canna butter left and may try that before I vape tomorrow.

What does the gang say? I mean I still take days off. I did vape in the am while I was away but nothing usually till the nite. I wish I could get that feeling back.

I don't want to do another long stretch. I mean usually I take off during the week anyway.

Does anyone buy the idea of detox tea or cranberry

LongIslandmom,
Reactions: biohacker

killick

But I like it!
I've been vaping quite a bit lately (and have bought 2 new vapes in the past 12 days...) but I've found switching between vapes helps keep things working for me. Between vaping, if I do take a couple of days off, I munch on a new batch of peanut budder cookies. Edibles seem to hit me quickly, which isn't true for everyone apparently.

As for kale smoothies - those are how I start my day, with some protein powder, chia seeds, and a tablespoon of ABV ;)

killick,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations TwiddleBug,

...wondering if you medicate more often, would using a weaker stain help keep tolerance in check? That way you could continue to use the same amount daily because you've adjusted the potency instead?

Personally i now seek enhanced appreciation over maximized delivery as i've come to think dosage consistency is a key element while visually-induced satisfaction remains a major element of my ritual. In addition roller-coaster intoxication + unbalanced THC vs CBD ratios are progressively less attractive to me, so i may be looking at a shift in my own life-style where "blending" is no longer a sin already and only 2 ~ 3 tokes every 3 ~ 4 hours possibly a desirable goal, though yet to be achieved...

As seen under such perspective the Syqe started to render me hopeful that the future will improve for some of us, eventually. IMO someday we may get the means to implement more regular/precise blood concentrations. The sooner the better.

Good day, have fun!

:peace:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom