looking for the right vaporizer for my usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

afreak

Welll the last two days i have been searching for what vaporizer to get. A few months ago i bought a cheap china one and was mildly amused by it, but after reading up on vaporizers i got the feeling that I havent really experienced real vaporizing.
So I was looking at the volcano for a bit until i read up on the Herbalife, wich was supposed to be almost as good, but then i read on the most efficient per ammount of weed wich is the most important thing to me and im now looking at the RockZap.
I feel like im going in circles with this, what i really want is function i couldnt care less about looks. If i can use it without a cord its a slight pluss but very slight.
What i want is the following.
-works with hash aswell (with some mod maybe)
-being able to use small ammounts of weed in it.(I heard the SB Plenty needed 1g atleast)
- "highest per ammount of weed"
Would be awesome with some help!:)

afreak,

JustOnCloud9

Ate the Kumo Kumo no mi
What i want is the following.
-works with hash aswell (with some mod maybe)
-being able to use small ammounts of weed in it.(I heard the SB Plenty needed 1g atleast)
- "highest per ammount of weed"
Would be awesome with some help!:)

Sounds like you want the underdog vaporizer. I was going to get one until life got in the way and had to spend the money elsewhere.From what I've been told by asking questions on the underdog thread, the underdog is a heavy hitting (like a bong rip) log vaporizer. It is efficient in that you can use weed in small amounts and get more hits out off than most other vapes, and can be used with hash. From what I've learned the Ceramic rock zap is similar to the underdog but does not provide as big of hits, but is slightly more effiecient based on what I've described earlier.

The downside to these two vapes, to me, are as follows
1. The long heat up time, which varies depending on which vape and the size. With the underdog this can range between 20-45 minutes. This is partially compensated for however with being able to leave either of these vapes on 24.7 so its ready to go whenever.
2. Not able to use bags. (I like bags when I am in medium-large groups, that's just my preference)

If the long heat up time discourages you, then through personal experience, I can recommend to you the Extreme Q. It is an efficient vaporizer, able to use both bags and whip, and unlike the herbalaire the EQ is able to provide thick/rich vapor hits using the elbow pack method with the whip. Elbow packing your herb is very easy to do and you can find out how to do it looking through the EQ thread. I've vaped hash with my old EQ and it worked perfectly and Have loaded up in the cyclone bowl or elbow packs of less than .2 sometimes when my tolerance was low up to .1 or less and have gotten high. The cyclone bowl also works quite well when the richness of the hit is not a priority and you want efficiency.

JustOnCloud9,
Reactions: afreak

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
The benefit of (most) log vapes is you can keep them plugged in 24/7 or modify your schedule (put it on a timer) with no ill effects. When I had my Myrtlezap it was the best of both worlds.

Satisfying (visual) hits
Very nice buzz with very little amounts

The fact that it has to stay on (and out) can also be a downside. But well worth it IMO
Oh yeah, and the learning curve is relatively easy too :)

AGBeer,

SD_haze

Log vapes have an extremely low *minimum* load, which means you don't need to put in so much for it to work well (like the Plenty/volcano)

If a 0.05 gram load is something that sounds awesome, go for a log vape. They all do hash decently enough in my opinion.

There are many different log vaporizers out there but you really cannot go wrong.

afreak

awezum :D im going for the rockZap i think.
Theres a lot of weird lingo here ^^.
I see i can order different extra stems with it , vapor stem, gong tappered short stem, glass tooty without carb and with carb ? Haha:D

afreak,
Reactions: AGBeer

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
LOL Yeah, the terminology can be confusing at first but you will get it soon enough :D

Plus, you are in good hands with Rick and his wife :)

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
AG, you beat me to it. :D If you are seriously considering a Zap, head over to the Zap thread and check them out. This is a long thread so you might want to go to one of the last pages unless you want a real history lesson. :lol: But, there are tons of comments, tips and tricks in there that might help you make your decision.

afreak

Seems like theres a bit of a hassle getting those log-vapes outside the US :(
How does Magic Flight Box for instance compare to the rockZap ?
-in effect per quantity , and other stuff that may matter (new to vape)

afreak,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
afreak, if I'm not mistaken, Blisssville sells them outside the US. Their site is here. I see they have four in stock.

The Magic Flight Launch Box (MFLB) is a great portable, but will not give you the same type of hits the Zap will. You can buy a power adapter for it (you would still need a converter I believe) which will help with fuller hits, however. It wasn't made for those types of hits since it's primary function was for stealth while out. A trench full is about two stems full in a Zap, but will last for more hits, so I guess they would equal out.

momofthegoons,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Do you know what happened to Ob, mom, I thought he was taking care of us Europeans as well?

Or is Blissville his company perhaps?

OhTheAgony,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
the ob has a storefront in Portland, Oregon called Blake. While he did have some in stock (and we had had high hopes of this turning into a local and international outlet), he has been mia for a while, so I wouldn't count on him. Blisssville is not his company; they used to be the exclusive dealer for the LB, but also sell aromatherapy supplies and as of now, the Zap. They currently have 4 Zaps in stock and it was my understanding that they ship overseas (according to their shipping page).

The retail aspect of selling hasn't worked out well for Rick and I believe he will be going back to his old business standard of selling them directly. Unfortunately, this also means no sales out of the U.S. Vito also sells Zaps to medical patients for Rick and has, on the rare occasion, sold them to patients outside of the U.S.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That's to bad to hear, he really seemed serious about the whole enterprise at the time.

Thanks for the info anyways :tup: Would you happen to know if the ones in stock @ Blissville are the latest models CRZs? I ask this more for the OP than myself btw, I got enough coming already fore the time being :)

OhTheAgony,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The Zaps Blisssville has are the ones that were made before Rick started turning them again. They were turned by the wood turner that Rick was working with for a short time at the beginning of the launch of the CRZ. ;)

momofthegoons,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I suggest the Arizer extreme q, it costs half as much as the volcano or even less if you get it on ebay.

It has the fan to fill bags just like the volcano, or you can hook up a whip and inhale through the hose if you prefer. They have a battery pack or something, but it was too costly for me and it being plugged in is fine with me.

You dont have to put in a lot if you do not want to, putting in 0.2 can fill a bag, probably even 0.1

Skeena,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom