1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for the most efficient, "bong-like" Vape

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by skaav, Jan 7, 2017.

1. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

:shrug:

Click to play YouTube Video

You must have missed this...when he received his EVO..

Sublimator or Supreme 3 need to be tried before all vapes are ruled out IMO.

2. skaav

skaav Active Member

Thanks, really appreciate the Input.

I've been thinking about an Auber RDK300 but apparently they ran out of EU coils at the moment.

Slight derail but are coils (if appropriate for the right energy norm) universal?
    Dont mean coilsize (for clarity) but rather their plugs and if they can be used with all types of controllers

I think a straight up trade might be difficult because of EU as you said, and i cant really sell the Evo since my Stepfather next door relies on it anyway for now.
    (he kicked painmeds for weed, works like a charm, so awesome we found a better way for him at his age, 0,15 every 2 days keeps him going with a pretty horrible, old foot injury)

On the other hand, if I get a good offer i might just go and buy something smaller for him and do the trade :D

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    seaofgreens and GreenHopper like this.
  3. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

No, not universal but a standard has emerged that is used by many companies and, IMO, companies that do not adopt this standard are doing to so lock you into their coils only....for life.

The standard for D-nail and your basic Hot Runner type coil is a five pin, full size XLR plug with the following pin outs: Pins 1 & 2 = AC power +/-, pins 3 & 4 = thermocouple +/-, pin 5 = ground.

Auber will tell you their pin outs...hell, they publish them in their manual (they do have actual documentation :o:rolleyes::lol:). High Five will not tell you. New Vape will not tell you. Sublimator has just recently gone to a mini-XLR I believe. While you can find a lot of coils out there...probably in most any configuration...what I listed above seems to be the broadest standard and right now I insist that if I buy a system, it use this connector type/pin outs.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    seaofgreens and skaav like this.
  4. skaav

skaav Active Member

Thanks dude, exactly the info I was looking for

5. DOOM

DOOM Well-Known Member

solo + gong...go max temp and let it sit for 45-60 seconds after it warmed up. then take a nice 25 second hit and u will get that instant head buzz u get from a bong rip. are you chasing the couch like high too? because you really wont get that feeling from vaping.

6. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

He wants the most efficient bong-like vape.... the Solo is one of the most restricted vapes out there. And a 1 minute Dirty Duction hit? Might taste the same as a bong lol But it's definitely a cost effective option, and a PVHES gong would improve airflow by a 1/3 or so. I do plan on purchasing a Solo 2, but it will never come close to replicating the bong experience like my Supreme 3 does. nothing in my 11 years experience is closer than that.

And you can very much get couch lock from vaping.... you must not be vaping the right strains or using high enough temperatures. But everyone is different. Tolerance is a huge factor. Some people get red bloodshot eyes and munchies, some people don't.

just_the_flu and CheeseSandwich like this.
  7. CheeseSandwich

CheeseSandwich Well-Known Member

+1 for the supreme!! It has that huge lung busting head spinning effect similar to a bong hit. Except the taste is MUCH better.

just_the_flu and biohacker like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors