Looking for the best RDA/RBA or portable solution for Concentrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumanji

Quick background: Used Vaporgenie, MFLB in the past for herbs. I loved the Vaporgenie but the MFLB did not produce strong hit. Fast forward to today, I got access to good BHO, Wax, Budder, eCig cartridges with concentrates from a dispensary.

Objective: I'm on the lookout for a portable solution to enjoy concentrates. I know how great a Titanium nail is. However, the torch, rig, is unstealthy, and out of the question atm. I've found a perfect example of what I want
It is portable, stealthy, and from what I've been told pretty close to a Titanium nail. Vape pens are too weak or from what I've heard wastes BHO. RBA or RDA coils seem to produce the best results according to people on reddit. Something like even
Mutation X v4 RDA I wonder if it will work with concentrates.

Concerns: I'm obviously worried that a portable solution like in that youtube video might explode or not work properly. #1 concern is health, I'm afraid that it might emit toxic fumes or Chinese parts that will be unhealthy.

Question: So I need some help. Am I going in the right direction? Lot of people seem to build their own using custom parts. I'm open to that but what I'd really want is to quickly buy a portable device that can let me enjoy concentrates to it's maximum potential.

p.s. From Vancouver, B.C. so if you are local maybe you know some good spots, or solutions that works for oyu.

fogvalley

Dark vaper
I mix my concentarates with Ejmix some use puff majic. Any rba/rda will work then, idk about burning straight in a mutation. I use a veritas for my wejuice. 2-3 drops and I'm good for longer then any other way I have tried.

fogvalley,
Reactions: NickDlow

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
No matter what, you're going to lose some IMO because of it splattering around the top of the RDA, I didn't think I was wasting any when I did this recently, but when I got back home, I had a solid dab or two just on the cap.

You can use any RDA/RBA. I heard you want to use a bit of a higher OHM, but I ran mine with a .2 and it worked fine. Though, I used it on a Tesla Invader 2, which is like a half mech/half regulated mod. I don't understand exactly what is going on when I use it, but it has some sort of electronic protection that restricts my current (Mosfit).

What I'm trying to say is, I can use my .2 RDA on it, and it heats up a bit slower, but still gets as hot. If I used it on my Akuma Mech, I think it would just try for max discharge, which could be a problem. I'd recommend using a regulated box mod like the guy in that vid, or something at least partially regulated like my Tesla.

You just make a new wick, and use less cotton then you would for Ejuice IMO. Like, the wick should only be in the coil and maybe a LITTLE bit out the sides. When I do my wicks for Ejuice, I tend to have excess cotton, you don't want that.

Then just put your dab on the coil, put the cap on, and hit it like you would take a rip off the Ecig. Works pretty well. I was out of town all weekend, and I got high this way all weekend.

Coil looks pretty gunked up though, and now my RDA smells a bit hashy which is kind of gross. I don't have any high VG juice right now that I would be using with it, so I haven't taken the time to clean it out, but I will when I get home and I doubt it will prove difficult.

Edit: I have never used Ejmix, but that is highly regarded as the best way to "vape" THC through normal Ecig liquids. I'm not using any liquid with my method, just a dab on the coil with cotton to soak it up after it heats.

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

jumanji

is there a rda mod that one can buy that is already put together?

buying each part and putting it together is a lot of work, I wonder why people don't sell ready made rda mod.

jumanji,

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Quick background: Used Vaporgenie, MFLB in the past for herbs. I loved the Vaporgenie but the MFLB did not produce strong hit. Fast forward to today, I got access to good BHO, Wax, Budder, eCig cartridges with concentrates from a dispensary.

Objective: I'm on the lookout for a portable solution to enjoy concentrates. I know how great a Titanium nail is. However, the torch, rig, is unstealthy, and out of the question atm. I've found a perfect example of what I want
It is portable, stealthy, and from what I've been told pretty close to a Titanium nail. Vape pens are too weak or from what I've heard wastes BHO. RBA or RDA coils seem to produce the best results according to people on reddit. Something like even
Mutation X v4 RDA I wonder if it will work with concentrates.

Concerns: I'm obviously worried that a portable solution like in that youtube video might explode or not work properly. #1 concern is health, I'm afraid that it might emit toxic fumes or Chinese parts that will be unhealthy.

Question: So I need some help. Am I going in the right direction? Lot of people seem to build their own using custom parts. I'm open to that but what I'd really want is to quickly buy a portable device that can let me enjoy concentrates to it's maximum potential.

p.s. From Vancouver, B.C. so if you are local maybe you know some good spots, or solutions that works for oyu.

You may want to check out this thread

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/advanced-e-cig-users-and-oil-wax-how-to-one-hitter-quitter.10360/

The Hercules by w9 tech also sounds like it'd fit your bill. The Persei thread in the portable section is where you'll find more info on the Herc.
:peace:

MileHighLife,

jumanji

No matter what, you're going to lose some IMO because of it splattering around the top of the RDA, I didn't think I was wasting any when I did this recently, but when I got back home, I had a solid dab or two just on the cap.

You can use any RDA/RBA. I heard you want to use a bit of a higher OHM, but I ran mine with a .2 and it worked fine. Though, I used it on a Tesla Invader 2, which is like a half mech/half regulated mod. I don't understand exactly what is going on when I use it, but it has some sort of electronic protection that restricts my current (Mosfit).

What I'm trying to say is, I can use my .2 RDA on it, and it heats up a bit slower, but still gets as hot. If I used it on my Akuma Mech, I think it would just try for max discharge, which could be a problem. I'd recommend using a regulated box mod like the guy in that vid, or something at least partially regulated like my Tesla.

You just make a new wick, and use less cotton then you would for Ejuice IMO. Like, the wick should only be in the coil and maybe a LITTLE bit out the sides. When I do my wicks for Ejuice, I tend to have excess cotton, you don't want that.

Then just put your dab on the coil, put the cap on, and hit it like you would take a rip off the Ecig. Works pretty well. I was out of town all weekend, and I got high this way all weekend.

Coil looks pretty gunked up though, and now my RDA smells a bit hashy which is kind of gross. I don't have any high VG juice right now that I would be using with it, so I haven't taken the time to clean it out, but I will when I get home and I doubt it will prove difficult.

Edit: I have never used Ejmix, but that is highly regarded as the best way to "vape" THC through normal Ecig liquids. I'm not using any liquid with my method, just a dab on the coil with cotton to soak it up after it heats.

I'm ordering the Tesla Invader 2, what RDA did you buy, wick, coil, batteries, battery charger? I want the same setup as you. Any cons?

Did you get super ripped like from a rig? Basically I'm using dr dabber and the hits are not big or the high is pretty weak now. I want to use RDA mod to get bigger hits and bigger highs.

After the coil gets dirty how do you clean it? Do you create a new one? Basically this is the part I'm concerned about as I don't know how the whole coil & wick & cotton thing works out.

jumanji,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom