Looking for suggestions/advice for AVB cooking use

kerkdream

Hi,

I have trawled through the cooking section to find if anything suited my personal circumstances but nothing seemed to. Hence I'm looking for any help or suggestions or ideas from fellow FCers.

I have about 50g of AVB that I've been keeping in a jar since I started vaping towards the end of 2014. It's well used, dark brown, virtually spent I'd say, but regardless I've been wanting to keep it to try out the cooking side of things.

Here's the situation: I want to be able to use it all in one go in some way to produce something that can be stored for a while as I'm a family man with a young child and cannot get blitzed in the kind of way eating does, in unpredictable ways, day after day, hence my need to produce something that can be stored in some way, out of the way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

kerkdream,

puddleglum

Cannabis coconut oil is the trendy edible these days. It will keep a long time stored in a cool dark place. :)

puddleglum,

kerkdream

Many many thanks for that.

I have never used coconut oil. What would be the most common uses for it? Could it be something I use if I make sweet/desserts such as brownies etc or is it more for curries etc? If it's for curries etc I don't think it'd suit my circumstances but I am thankful nevertheless.

Maybe I'm looking for something slightly different but not quite sure myself.

kerkdream,

puddleglum

I think you might be thinking of "coconut milk" which is a different type of coconut product, used in Thai curries.

"Coconut oil" is solid at room temperature, and when melted is see-through like cooking oil (not creamy like Thai coconut milk). Coconut oil can be substituted 1:1 for butter or shortening in baking/cooking. I like the taste in either sweet or savory recipes.

Or you can use the canna-oil for anything you would put butter on, like: bread, muffins, popcorn, corn on the cob, lobster, artichoke hearts, etc.

A third use is to fill empty gel caps to make "vitamin" pills. This might be an excellent option for you: gel-caps keep a long time and would be safe and discrete to use around your kid (you could keep them in a childproof pill bottle). ;)

Last edited:

kerkdream

Dude, that response was very informative, thank you. Now it's a lot clearer in my head.

I was unsure as to whether it could be used as a straight substitute for butter in cooking; I thought perhaps not as I was assuming the coconut flavour would make everything taste of coconut overriding everything.

kerkdream,

Nok21

Alcohol tincture is my #1 use for oral consumption. I use just enough 151 proof rum to cover my ABV and let it soak for 12-20 hours with vigorous shaking whenever possible. No freezer needed. You say its almost spent, which imo should be used for qwiso hash or a large brownie batch. Your tincture is "too strong" when a gooey sediment builds up on the bottom of the bottle and must be diluted with more alcohol.

But if you must have an edible, I recommend the tincture only because i am not familiar with cooking with abv (Yet!). I dose it out by with an oral syringe into coca-cola (Covers the earthy taste), normally 10-15ml for strong effects. Another plus, your young child will think nothing of daddy's special bottle of rum hidden away.

I also recommend that you check out canna caps.

Hope i helped a little!

Nok21,
Reactions: killick

wildything

I love to store my canna caps in the freezer. Should last as long as it takes to ingest it haha. Also mct oil is fractionated coconut oil so its more refined. They separate the certain fatty molecules found in coconut oil. In addition the mct oil stays liquid at room temperature. I made Canna caps from my abv last time and while it is difficult to get the concentration high enough for my required dose ( at least 2 grams abv) so I take double wat I would of canna caps from non vaped herb. But if your tolerance is not bad this could be a viable option for long term storage. And although I do take more I enjoy them a lot and would definitely repeat again. Also what I like to do to circumvent the dissolving of the gel caps, since I have noticed that certain people have difficulty digesting and wouldn't feel any effects, is to simply open the cap and squeEze out the frozen coconut oil for a quicker absorbtion. Also I wanted to comment on your concern about coconut taste. I have only found a actual taste of coconut in the un refined oil I got from trader joes. If yu get refined coconut oil there is zero smell or taste.

wildything,
Reactions: killick
Top Bottom