Looking for new portable vaporizer

Brachmanhuxley

Hello, it's been a long time since I haven't posted in this forum.

A few years ago, I decided to get an E-Nano and it was a very good choice that I made thanks to the help of some forum members.

Now I'm looking for a portable vaporizer to make it easier to give up the habit of smoking when I'm not home.

What I'm looking for in a portable vaporizer is:
- good vapor quality (doesn't need to be huge clouds)
- smooth vapor
- decent air flow
- efficiency
- possibility to use different temperature settings
- portability
- a discrete vape if possible
- possibility to use hash with it, although it's not a priority (I prefer a decent dry herb vape over a mediocre all in one vape)
- I would like to spend 200€ or less if possible, but I'm open to other options if they're really worth it

With the E-Nano I've noticed that it sometimes makes my nose stuffy, more so than combusting. But I'm guessing it could be a mild allergy more than something related to the vape itself, since I often sneeze when I'm in contact with weed and plants in general. I would like to know if someone has experienced this when vaping and if you have found any solution for it.

These are the vapes that I'm considering, but I'm open to other suggestions:
- Pax 2 or Pax 3
- Davinci IQ
- Arizer Air 2 or Arizer Argo
- CFX

Thanks in advance!:)

Brachmanhuxley

Check out the Fury 2 by healthy rips....

Hits almost as hard as my Mighty at half the price and one the smallest lil dudes in my lineup...

Thanks for your reply. It does really look very good. How is the efficiency and the vapor smoothness?

From what I'm reading, the Arizer Air II seems also a good fit for me. Anyone willing to share their opinion on this vape?

Brachmanhuxley,
Reactions: KidFated.

Brachmanhuxley

I decided I'm probably going to get the Arizer Air 2:)

Has anyone tried the Easy Flow Bubbler with it? Im looking for a cheap water piece to reduce vapor harshness.

Thanks in advance!

boon

Have you seen the Vapman good for Hash and flower.It's butane powered with a torch flame. This little guy made me switch to vape only...

PS i love your avatar thanks it's been a long time i've not hear The King crimson

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Fury and Air are both good choices, Fury is a bit better for hash imo but the Air is probably gonna last longer...

yes, it works but i don't use it often - a bent stem is enough for me

How did you use the Fury with hash? I have only used it with flower.

Brachmanhuxley

Fury and Air are both good choices, Fury is a bit better for hash imo but the Air is probably gonna last longer...

yes, it works but i don't use it often - a bent stem is enough for me

Thank you!

Have you seen the Vapman good for Hash and flower.It's butane powered with a torch flame. This little guy made me switch to vape only...

PS i love your avatar thanks it's been a long time i've not hear The King crimson

Yes, I have read a bit about it, but I prefer a convection or hybrid type of vape.

Thank you haha same here, this avatar was from a couple years ago, when I listened a lot to King Crimson :D

I love the long bubblestraw with mine,nice and smooth.
Also does a great job with keif..........really nice.

Is that the same one that I mentioned or a different one?

Thank you all for your help!:peace:

Brachmanhuxley,

shredder

Hello, it's been a long time since I haven't posted in this forum.

A few years ago, I decided to get an E-Nano and it was a very good choice that I made thanks to the help of some forum members.

Now I'm looking for a portable vaporizer to make it easier to give up the habit of smoking when I'm not home.

What I'm looking for in a portable vaporizer is:
- good vapor quality (doesn't need to be huge clouds)
- smooth vapor
- decent air flow
- efficiency
- possibility to use different temperature settings
- portability
- a discrete vape if possible
- possibility to use hash with it, although it's not a priority (I prefer a decent dry herb vape over a mediocre all in one vape)
- I would like to spend 200€ or less if possible, but I'm open to other options if they're really worth it

With the E-Nano I've noticed that it sometimes makes my nose stuffy, more so than combusting. But I'm guessing it could be a mild allergy more than something related to the vape itself, since I often sneeze when I'm in contact with weed and plants in general. I would like to know if someone has experienced this when vaping and if you have found any solution for it.

These are the vapes that I'm considering, but I'm open to other suggestions:
- Pax 2 or Pax 3
- Davinci IQ
- Arizer Air 2 or Arizer Argo
- CFX

Thanks in advance!:)

I'll second the fury two recommendation. I have used one for several months now without any regrets. In fact I bought another for my wife and ordered one for a friend who doesn't have internet access.

On your allergy, you very well could have a mild allergy to mj. I do, but it's mostly with certain varieties. Chem dawg is one that comes to mind. As the herb ages and cures it bothers me much less, so my theory is that it's actually the terpenes that I'm allergic to, but there isn't much research on mj allergies, so it's just my hunch.

Brachmanhuxley

I'll second the fury two recommendation. I have used one for several months now without any regrets. In fact I bought another for my wife and ordered one for a friend who doesn't have internet access.

On your allergy, you very well could have a mild allergy to mj. I do, but it's mostly with certain varieties. Chem dawg is one that comes to mind. As the herb ages and cures it bothers me much less, so my theory is that it's actually the terpenes that I'm allergic to, but there isn't much research on mj allergies, so it's just my hunch.

Thank you! I'll consider the Fury Two:)

Yes, I think I may have an allergy to MJ, since I sometimes get a runny nose or a little hive when manipulating it. I don't think it's the products used during cultivation, since it happens with different strains from different dealers (unfortunately, we can't get it from professional and regulated cultivators, even the dispensaries get it from dealers). I'm an allergy prone person, so it wouldn't surprise me if I'm allergic to some components of this plant.
What I'm scared of is investing over 100€ in something I might have to sell afterwards because vaping sometimes has given me more allergic symptoms than combusting. That's actually one of the main reasons I use joints more often than my E-Nano. Do you experience similar symptoms when vaping?

Last edited:

Skunkport

I believe you can be tested for allergy to certain terpenes that are common to other plants, that might help narrow it down.
You could probably do it yourself actually, if you find a list of cannabis terpenes and look up where else they occur, for example limonene is in oranges and lemons, if you have any reaction from rubbing lemon or orange peel on your skin you could avoid weed with high percentages of limonene.

little maggie

I met someone recently who is allergic to THC but not CBD. I don't think it's uncommon. I know I don't have an allergy to vaping but I do get a stuffy nose. My nasal passages tend to run dry anyway and vaping makes it worse.
Anyway, I'm joining the others recommending the Fury 2. It's inexpensive and efficient. But it doesn't meet all your requirements. I think the Tubo which comes from Switzerland fits the best if it's not too big.

Brachmanhuxley

I believe you can be tested for allergy to certain terpenes that are common to other plants, that might help narrow it down.
You could probably do it yourself actually, if you find a list of cannabis terpenes and look up where else they occur, for example limonene is in oranges and lemons, if you have any reaction from rubbing lemon or orange peel on your skin you could avoid weed with high percentages of limonene.

Thank you for the information. I didn't know that. I've read cannabis contains the same compound as olive tree polen and it's fairly common to be allergic to that kind of polen, so it wouldn't surprise me if you're right and I'm allergic to certain terpenes. It could be mold particles too, as I've read in other threads on this forum. Seems to be a fairly common problem. It's a shame that cannabis is not legal, since they could do a lot more research:huh:

I met someone recently who is allergic to THC but not CBD. I don't think it's uncommon. I know I don't have an allergy to vaping but I do get a stuffy nose. My nasal passages tend to run dry anyway and vaping makes it worse.
Anyway, I'm joining the others recommending the Fury 2. It's inexpensive and efficient. But it doesn't meet all your requirements. I think the Tubo which comes from Switzerland fits the best if it's not too big.

Thanks for your reply. I guess it will be hard to narrow down the exact cause of my symptoms. It could even be some expectorant reaction, as I've been combusting quite regularly (a couple of joints every week) for a couple of years now.

I've researched the Fury 2 and the Tubo, but I've finally decided to get the Arizer Air II since it seems to be very well built, stealthier than the Tubo and I like to vape through glass and avoid plastic.

This is what I'll get, let me know what you think about it:
- Arizer Air 2
- Easy Flow Water Tool Mouthpiece
- Arizer Solo Bent Mouthpiece (since I've seen many people recommend the bent stem for cooler vapor)
- Arizer Air 2 Replacement Battery

Do you know if the charger that comes with the Air 2 that they sell on Vapefiend UK is adapted to European Voltage?
It's this one: https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/vaporizers/products/arizer-air-ii?variant=49248491213

Thank you again for your help!:peace:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Grab a bubble straw...........I was pleasantly surprised how nicely it worked.

arb,

Skunkport

The pictured charger on Vapefiend has a UK plug on it, so it will work in Europe with the adapter (or in the uk as it is).

Skunkport,
Reactions: arb

Skunkport

My previous bong experiences were a small pewter bong for £5 off a market stall when I was 16 (confiscated by police around 18/19) and a small scientific beaker with a 10mm downpipe around 19 which lasted about 2 weeks before breaking (I think, based on picture on dhgate, that's the right terms).

I tried reading the Glass forum and I don't know what the hell anyone is talking about so I just bought the recommended bongs and hope they're good. I'm not going back in there without a guide/bodyguard to stop me getting confused.

shredder

. Do you experience similar symptoms when vaping?

At times I do. It's mostly when my allergies are already acting up. Using water as in a water pipe helps, especially with warm water, and low temp vapor is better than hotter vapor. And when my allergies get real bad I just eat medibles or go without

Brachmanhuxley

Sorry I find it hard to keep up on all the lingo sometimes.
:shrug:

No problem, I just wanted to be sure I'm buying the right thing:D

At times I do. It's mostly when my allergies are already acting up. Using water as in a water pipe helps, especially with warm water, and low temp vapor is better than hotter vapor. And when my allergies get real bad I just eat medibles or go without

Thanks for your tips, I will definitely try them out.

Thanks everyone for your help. I got my Arizer Air 2 two days ago and I'm very happy with it. I haven't compared it directly to my E-Nano and it may be early to say, but it seems to be on the same level. I really like having almost exact control over the temperatures.

@arb the bubbler stem is really nice, thank you for suggesting it. It seems to deliver a little less flavor compared to the standard stem and the bent one, but it's smoother and seems to be more forgiving on my congestion.

However, there are some things I'm not sure I'm doing right:
- Is it better to let the battery fully discharge before charging it up to 100%?
- I'm cleaning the stems by soaking them for 15-30 minutes in 96º Alcohol (it's easier to find here than ISO and seems to work nice) and rinsing them with hot water afterwards until the smell of alcohol is gone. Do you know a good method to dry the stems after this process?
- Can you leave the stem inside the Vape for an entire session (15 minutes, as it shuts off automatically after that time) or is it bad for the stem to get very hot and would it be better to pull it out after a few hits?
- When using the water bubbler stem, does the vaporizer need to be on a higher temperature setting?

I don't know if it would be better to open a new thread for these kind of questions. If that's the case, just let me know and I will do it.

Thank you!:peace:

Brachmanhuxley,

arb

Semi shaved ape
No problem, I just wanted to be sure I'm buying the right thing:D

Thanks for your tips, I will definitely try them out.

Thanks everyone for your help. I got my Arizer Air 2 two days ago and I'm very happy with it. I haven't compared it directly to my E-Nano and it may be early to say, but it seems to be on the same level. I really like having almost exact control over the temperatures.

@arb the bubbler stem is really nice, thank you for suggesting it. It seems to deliver a little less flavor compared to the standard stem and the bent one, but it's smoother and seems to be more forgiving on my congestion.

However, there are some things I'm not sure I'm doing right:
- Is it better to let the battery fully discharge before charging it up to 100%?
- I'm cleaning the stems by soaking them for 15-30 minutes in 96º Alcohol (it's easier to find here than ISO and seems to work nice) and rinsing them with hot water afterwards until the smell of alcohol is gone. Do you know a good method to dry the stems after this process?
- Can you leave the stem inside the Vape for an entire session (15 minutes, as it shuts off automatically after that time) or is it bad for the stem to get very hot and would it be better to pull it out after a few hits?
- When using the water bubbler stem, does the vaporizer need to be on a higher temperature setting?

I don't know if it would be better to open a new thread for these kind of questions. If that's the case, just let me know and I will do it.

Thank you!:peace:
I usually leave the stem in the entire session it will not hurt it.
I just let the stems air dry after washing as you described.
I like to set it at 375 using the dry stems and 395 using the bubblestraw.
Seems like whatever works best for you individually is the correct answer.

arb,

Skunkport

Lithium batteries last longest if you keep them between 30%-80%, try not to leave them fully charged for long or to let them fully discharge often.
It won't break them, but it adds wear.

Skunkport,
Top Bottom