Looking for local cooks to learn from (southern Ontario, Canada)...

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Hello FC community!

A couple of weeks ago I created my first batch of coconut oil/ABV and the results have been interesting. I definitely didn't strain it really well as the result is pretty dark compared to videos I have seen, and it's tricky to get the dosage right.

I would love to tag along with an experienced cannabis cook in my area to learn the do's and don'ts regarding cooking with ABV specifically (really want to fully consume my herb through vaping and edibles).

If you don't mind an extra set of hands in your kitchen I'd appreciate the experience!

:science:

Creeper,

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
A little boost up to the top of the heap, still looking... don't be shy I don't bite hard ;)

Creeper,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Kinda tough seeking a local person on this international site, but good luck!

IMO your best bet is to just keep experimenting, dial in your technique as you see fit.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Creeper

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Yup, long shot but I figured I would try... almost have my ABV container full to try another preparation.

Creeper,

Nesta

@Creeper - If you can't find someone local there's a video course here:

https://www.learngreenflower.com/co...-foods-drinks-oils-while-controlling-the-dose

It comes from Green Flower Media, a group that sends out useful info via email. I have not paid the $47 USD for this yet, I'd kinda like to see a portion of the instruction before buying - but I'm thinking about it. Green Flower is not a fly by night outfit, they usually have quality content, but I think this is the 1st time they're charging money. The question is: does the video cover what you want to make - It's hard to tell. I doubt they cook with ABV, they probably use flowers or shake. So you'd have to change the proportions, using more ABV than fresh herb.

If you do spring for the videos, let us know how useful they are. (I just noticed that they offer a 30 day money back guarantee).

Nesta,
Reactions: Creeper

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Thanks for the tip, I will check it out... I think there is more then enough to learn online to be honest but I wouldn't mind finding local like-minded individuals. :tup:

Creeper,

Nesta

Yea, I hear you - there's nothing like seeing the process in person. And you'd be able to ask questions as they come up.

I gather that Canada is bit more relaxed than prohibitionist US states, but here you'd always have the thought in the back of your mind that the police could be setting you up.

As @FlyingLow said - keep researching & experimenting, you'll refine your technique. Good luck!

Last edited:
Nesta,
Top Bottom