• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Looking for help with ideas for replacing Solo as my daily driver

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
For inexpensive portability, I'd look at the magic flight launch box, the MVT2 and the mistvape bare essence (best 20 dollars I've ever spent).

jeffp,
Reactions: an0maly

an0maly

For inexpensive portability, I'd look at the magic flight launch box, the MVT2 and the mistvape bare essence (best 20 dollars I've ever spent).
I used to have a MFLB. That was a good little vaporizer. Wish I hadn't lost it. I just got my Mistvape Bare Essence today and was just thinking the same thing about it being the best 20 bucks I'd spent on anything in a while. It is surprisingly versatile. The MVT2 I've added to my want list. it looks like a really well made product. I love the wood grain.

I have the Healthy Rips Fierce on order. Really looking forward to that one. I think it'll probably end up replacing the Solo as my daily driver.
I've also got some new vaporizers coming that I found over on /r/EntExchange. A Sticky Brick Jr. and a Davinci IQ (which I chose over a Pax 2/3). My Vapcap M and Xmax Starry are on loan to a friend that I am trying to convince to vaporize, so I needed something new for my mobile vape.

I'm curious about the differences between the 2 sites. And what leaves you thinking there is an age difference.
I am getting shipped the mvt2 as I write. I was able to choose from 4 samples with different wood. Every one was beautiful. So far, that will be the most beautiful wood vape I own with no additional expense for the design.:)

And why is only the enano mentioned as a desktop? I like my underdog but the woodscent is a special desktop because you can use it as a portable vapcap as well as a desktop.

I don't know why, but for whatever reason I get the feeling when I'm on the reddit subs that I'm a lot older than the average reddit user. Like there are lots of millenials and post millenials there and I'm one of the "olds" . :) I don't know, maybe it's just me.

The MVT2 looks really tempting. I bought the Bare Essence when I first looked at it, because for only $20 it seemed silly not to try it out. It's a great promotional device for Mistvape. After spending $20, I feel this urge to spend $160 more. Kinda reminds me of crack in a way.

You know I haven't really even thought of getting a e-nano or underdog. Not sure why. I do spend most of my vaping indoors anyway. They are nice looking vaporizers, which I hear perform very well. Definitely something to consider for a future purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The mods prefer you to edit your existing post rather than post several times in a row. It's good hygiene for the forum as a whole.

I enjoy having a handful of different vapes to rotate. Different effects and each satisfying to use in their own ways.

I do recommend getting a Fury 2 at some point if a stealthy flower vape would come in handy. The small size is great and while the flavor isn't my favorite it's a hard hitter with a wpa and D020 at home.

Last edited:

an0maly

The mods prefer you to edit your existing post rather than post several times in a row. It's good hygiene for the forum as a whole.

I enjoy having a handful of different vapes to rotate. Different effects and each satisfying to use in their own ways.

I do recommend getting a Fury 2 at some point if a stealthy flower vape would come in handy. The small size is great and while the flavor isn't my favorite it's a hard hitter with a wpa and D020 at home.
Sure. I'll definitely do that in the future.

I will definitely keep the Fury 2 in mind after I've had some time to give my other new vapes a try.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
e-nano and underdog are highly recommended but don't overlook the heat island; it's possibly the best of the present day logs. I have more than one launch box, you can find them used for as little as 20 on craigslist almost as a constant. They're nice to have around especially with friends so each can have their own to use. I love the original MVT, I think you'll feel the same way about the MVT2. As I see it, all good vaporizers have slight imperfections and quirks and that's part of what provides each tool with its own characteristics and differences. That's part of the magic. For the most part I consider whatever vaporizer I'm currently using as my current favorite, and the passage of time and evolution has nothing to do with it. Two of my permanent favorites are the decade plus old original silver surfer (standard) and the original Myrtlezap and Purple Days. But today I'm thinking about the Vapman; I may revisit this old friend later. In conclusion it's nice to have a collection and most can be acquired used if you're patient and resourceful.

an0maly

e-nano and underdog are highly recommended but don't overlook the heat island; it's possibly the best of the present day logs. I have more than one launch box, you can find them used for as little as 20 on craigslist almost as a constant. They're nice to have around especially with friends so each can have their own to use. I love the original MVT, I think you'll feel the same way about the MVT2. As I see it, all good vaporizers have slight imperfections and quirks and that's part of what provides each tool with its own characteristics and differences. That's part of the magic. For the most part I consider whatever vaporizer I'm currently using as my current favorite, and the passage of time and evolution has nothing to do with it. Two of my permanent favorites are the decade plus old original silver surfer (standard) and the original Myrtlezap and Purple Days. But today I'm thinking about the Vapman; I may revisit this old friend later. In conclusion it's nice to have a collection and most can be acquired used if you're patient and resourceful.
Nice post man. I kinda miss my MFLB. I almost picked one up over on /r/EntExchange, but I figured I'd probabaly better hold off on getting any more vaporizers until I at least receive the new ones that I've bought or traded for. :)
A few years ago I wanted a Silver Surfer really bad. Ended up settling for a Da Buddha, which was a great vaporizer for a while until my living situation changed and having plug-in vaporizers became a problem.

little maggie

I agree about the HI. I love the shape of mine- I have small hands and it is perfect and a different shape from other logs. But there is quite a wait for it compared to other logs. On the other hand, other than the nomad the HI is the only log I'm aware of (I have enano, ud, and woodscent) that can be personalized without extra cost. And there's also the iheat.

an0maly

I agree about the HI. I love the shape of mine- I have small hands and it is perfect and a different shape from other logs. But there is quite a wait for it compared to other logs. On the other hand, other than the nomad the HI is the only log I'm aware of (I have enano, ud, and woodscent) that can be personalized without extra cost. And there's also the iheat.
The HI looks pretty nice. The price is a lot better than the other log vapes I've looked at. Is say the Underdog worth the premium that it costs over the Heat Island?

an0maly,
Reactions: arb

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I can't really say but you might want to get on the wait list for an HI and when you're notified you can decide if you want to order one. They're both great units though. But I think I prefer the HI, the vaporizing seems to be more nuanced if that makes sense. Maggie, not at all familiar with the Nomad. Can you describe?

jeffp,

an0maly

I can't really say but you might want to get on the wait list for an HI and when you're notified you can decide if you want to order one. They're both great units though. But I think I prefer the HI, the vaporizing seems to be more nuanced if that makes sense. Maggie, not at all familiar with the Nomad. Can you describe?
Well, I got myself added to the HI waiting list. That is some long wait ahead of me. Hopefully someone drops out.

I also got a Divinci IQ yesterday. It's a really nice little vape. I am having a hard time getting used to how hot it gets though. Might be a deal breaker for me, otherwise I guess I could make it a seasonal (winter only) device. This time of year where I live it is just way too hot for me to use a vaporizer radiates so much heat. Also, the Davinci app for Android sucks balls.

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Well, I got myself added to the HI waiting list. That is some long wait ahead of me. Hopefully someone drops out.

I also got a Divinci IQ yesterday. It's a really nice little vape. I am having a hard time getting used to how hot it gets though. Might be a deal breaker for me, otherwise I guess I could make it a seasonal (winter only) device. This time of year where I live it is just way too hot for me to use a vaporizer radiates so much heat. Also, the Davinci app for Android sucks balls.

how long is the wait list? I'm actually glad to hear that, it deserves to be in as much demand as it is. Not familiar with the Davinci so i can't comment. I think you'll really like the HI if you choose to make the purchase eventually.

jeffp,

an0maly

how long is the wait list? I'm actually glad to hear that, it deserves to be in as much demand as it is. Not familiar with the Davinci so i can't comment. I think you'll really like the HI if you choose to make the purchase eventually.

Only 18 months...

an0maly,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
18 months is nothing. i have to wait 20 months for my pension, but after that I'll get some more vaporizers.

Actually, thinking about your post about the HI being less expensive than others, keep in mind that the stems are separate (i think) and therefore the cost may be about the same as the Underdog. The HI stems ("roasting tubes") are all inspired original creations by the way.

Last edited:

an0maly

Seems like a very long time in vaporizer years. Who knows how many vaporizers I will have cycled through by then. :)

an0maly

After spending a little bit of time with my new vaporizers, I have to say I'm really loving the unregulated Milaana experience. It is taking some practice to get used to it. Kind of reminds me of the experience of driving a stick shift transmission vehicle vs an automatic. I'm reaching for it more often than my Solo, probably because of how much faster it heats up. The Solo is nice for getting a long session of vapor that is especially tasty at first. It's relaxing that way. The Milaana just plain gets me fucked up fast.

The Sticky Brick Jr I'm not so sure about. It's a really nice vaporizer. I'm just not sure if it's for me. I don't know.. maybe I just need to spend more time on my torch lighter technique. It's hard to find time for it when I can just reach for my Milaana or Solo instead though.

The Davinci IQ has assumed the role of my pocket size/on the go vape. Only downside to it that I've found is that it gets really freaking hot towards the end of a session. As someone who lives in a state that gets very warm in the summer, this is a major downside for me. Maybe my hands are especially sensitive or something. I don't know. In any case, it's position as a starter in my line-up is not set. If I can find a small vaporizer that works well and doesn't get so hot, the IQ will be on the bench and looking to be traded.

I've also got two other new vaporizers that I haven't spent a ton of time on. The Bare Essence I like a lot. Didn't cost me much and it hits really nicely. For whatever reason it was much easier for me to figure out how to get a good hit out of it than the SB Jr. It only cost me $20, so I don't feel any pressure to test it out and trade it if it isn't a favorite. I'm sure I'll be going back to it later.

The other vape that I got was the Hammer. I got it because I had heard of it years ago and wanted one. It's not like there are very many butane powered vaporizers out there that you actually fill with butane. I messed with it some one night and couldn't figure it out. Need to watch some videos. I did find one other fellow FC-er who owns a Hammer, as it was mentioned in his sig. I asked him for any tips/tricks. All he said was to get rid of it and get a Dynavap. lol

an0maly,

an0maly

After spending a little time with my Milaana, I have a question about batteries. When I got mine (pre-owned), it did not come with batteries. I had conveniently just received some 18650 batteries in the mail. They're Sony VTC5A 30-35A 2500/2600mAh Flat top. Seem to fit fine. I wasn't all that concerned about them until I read the FAQ on RBT's website, which says the Milaana should use 18650 4.2V Lithium Ion 20 Amp. Anyone know if I need to worry about this?

an0maly,
Top Bottom