Looking for help with ideas for replacing Solo as my daily driver

an0maly

Hey guys. It's been a while since I last posted here. Lately I've been getting back to fucking combustion again. I'm looking for ideas for replacing my Solo as my daily driver. Something in the same class. What's popular around here these days? It'll be strictly for flower.

an0maly,

Razshiro

After almost 5 years, for me the best session vape is still the Mighty !! but for kick combustion the Dynavap M seems a good inexpensive solution at first.... My first battery vape was a SOLO and when i had my Mighty, it was another level, really !!

Yeah, handheld or tabletop?

Tabletop.... E-Nano for sure.

Portable... Healthy Rips is offering $25 off any Fury2 bundle this Labor Day weekend. Can't beat the Fury2 for the price. Or, if the Fury2 is too small, the Fierce will be out in a couple weeks.

Both companies have top notch customer service.

Daweed44

hello if you already have a mod ecig I recommend the RTB Splinter and if not the Fury or even the Fierce that will be released soon.

Daweed44,
Reactions: an0maly

an0maly

After almost 5 years, for me the best session vape is still the Mighty !! but for kick combustion the Dynavap M seems a good inexpensive solution at first.... My first battery vape was a SOLO and when i had my Mighty, it was another level, really !!
The Mighty looks pretty cool. The price is a little out of my range though, unless I can find a deal for one used or something. I actually have a Dynavap Vapcap M. Just got it about a week ago. I realized a minute ago that I hadn't updated my sig in a long time, so all my "current vapes" listed were wrong save the Solo. Oh how things have changed. Thanks for your suggestion!

Does it have to be battery driven/portable?
Otherwise I would suggest taking a look at the e-Nano by http://epicvape.com/
Yeah. It needs to be battery powered. With my current living situation, I often need to take my vaping outside. The e-Nano is pretty cool. I remember that one being real popular here back when I first joined FC.

Edit: I just took a quick look at the e-Nano. Really nice craftsmanship. Too big (and I'm guessing heavy) for me though and not battery powered.

Portable... Healthy Rips is offering $25 off any Fury 2 bundle this Labor Day weekend. Can't beat the Fury 2 for the price. Or, if the Fury 2 is too small, the Fierce will be out in a couple weeks.

The Fury 2 looks pretty nice. Size-wise though, it looks more like a good one to replace my Xmax Starry. It works okay. I'm just not all that wild about the vapor quality. It may be that I have my expectations set really high because of the Solo though.

Rather than Fierce, did you mean Force? I see that one available on their site now. Interestingly enough, it is cheaper than the Fury 2. The Force does look interesting, although I wonder if using it would be kind of a lateral move from the Solo. If I'm going to make a jump from the Solo, it has to be jumping to a product that is noticeably better.

You could give the Solo II a try. Much faster heat up than the OG Solo and longer battery life.

After the Solo II came out the prices of regular OG Solos went way down.

@Hackerman I don't see any discounts on the HR site??
Yeah. I was actually just looking at those. Anything more than faster heat up and longer battery life though? Cost/benefit wise I'm not sure if it makes sense to get the Solo II. If I'm going to spend $200+ on a new vaporizer, it had better wow me. The Solo II does look cool, but very familiar. No wow at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Milaana is like a portable Enano. It’s a very hard hitting portable and uses batteries. There’s a clicker that you click to regulate the heat and your draw. Yes it’s unregulated but once you get the hang of it it’s well worth it.

Maybe someday you can get an Enano or a Woodscents log vape depending on what works for your circumstances.

Rather than Fierce, did you mean Force? I see that one available on their site now. Interestingly enough, it is cheaper than the Fury 2. The Force does look interesting, although I wonder if using it would be kind of a lateral move from the Solo. If I'm going to make a jump from the Solo, it has to be jumping to a product that is noticeably better.

The Fierce is new and won't be available for another week or 2. It's a bigger version of the Fury2 with replaceable batteries and a few other upgrades over the Fury2.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Portable... Healthy Rips is offering $25 off any Fury2 bundle this Labor Day weekend. Can't beat the Fury2 for the price. Or, if the Fury2 is too small, the Fierce will be out in a couple weeks.

+1

arb

Semi shaved ape
I would go solo again at the current price and performance........seriously hard to beat for a portable.
Plug in I would also say e nano or lsv both are very good and under two hundred.

an0maly

hello if you already have a mod ecig I recommend the RTB Splinter and if not the Fury or even the Fierce that will be released soon.
Hey that Splinter looks really cool. I could see trying that out on my Pico mod.

The Milaana is like a portable Enano. It’s a very hard hitting portable and uses batteries. There’s a clicker that you click to regulate the heat and your draw. Yes it’s unregulated but once you get the hang of it it’s well worth it.

Maybe someday you can get an Enano or a Woodscents log vape depending on what works for your circumstances.
Wow. I really like those Milaana 2s at RastaBuddhaTao. If I could afford the Exotic wood model, that would be the one.

The Fierce is new and won't be available for another week or 2. It's a bigger version of the Fury2 with replaceable batteries and a few other upgrades over the Fury2.
Hmm. I guess we'll have to wait for the reviews to tell whether or not it will be a major upgrade over the Solo.

an0maly,

steama

Yeah. I was actually just looking at those. Anything more than faster heat up and longer battery life though? Cost/benefit wise I'm not sure if it makes sense to get the Solo II. If I'm going to spend $200+ on a new vaporizer, it had better wow me. The Solo II does look cool, but very familiar. No wow at all.
Get on the pre-order for the fierce if you want to be wowed. I think the Fury 2 is the best little vape on the market and cannot see any reason why the fierce won't be even better.

:nod:

little maggie

What made you say the fury has poor vapor quality? Just curious since you already ordered. Since your on a preorder list you might check out the mvt 2. No one suggested that or the tubo- maybe because you've used a solo.

an0maly

What made you say the fury has poor vapor quality? Just curious since you already ordered. Since your on a preorder list you might check out the mvt 2. No one suggested that or the tubo- maybe because you've used a solo.
Did I say that? Hmm. I was actually talking about the Starry. Never even seen a Fury 2 in person, so I can't personally speak to it's vapor quality (I hear it's good though).

I probably could have done a better job of writing that post to make my point more clear. Sorry about that. When I posted I'd been up for about 36 hours with no sleep and way too much caffeine.

In my tiredness, I totally missed your comment about the MVT2. Never heard about Mistvape until now. Those look beautiful. Love the wood. I used to live in the NW and loved it there. Having one would be like a little piece of home. I'll definitely keep them in mind for my next vape.

I noticed the Essence and Bare Essence when I was on the Mistvape site. Those look really interesting. After watching a video, I'm considering getting an Essence (at some point) to replace my Dynavap Vapcap M. People (especially over on /r/vaporents) talk about the Vapcap like it's so amazing, but to me it's rather meh. Not really getting much in the way of clouds out of it.

an0maly,
Reactions: arb

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Another block of wood unregulated convection vape to check out is the Lil Bud from Vapwood. It takes about a month from preorder to delivery since it's a one man show. I have a Fury 2 and a Solo II AND a Fierce preorder and the Lil Bud is currently my favorite vape.

I love the Fury 2 though and several friends have gotten their start after trying mine and buying their own. Try lower temps first if using the black mouthpiece and get the glass accessories eventually if you want even more efficient microdosing and slightly improved vapor quality.

Also, I recommend buying a VapCap induction heater from FC user Pipes. I love my vapcap and use it way more now.

an0maly

Another block of wood unregulated convection vape to check out is the Lil Bud from Vapwood. It takes about a month from preorder to delivery since it's a one man show. I have a Fury 2 and a Solo II AND a Fierce preorder and the Lil Bud is currently my favorite vape.

I love the Fury 2 though and several friends have gotten their start after trying mine and buying their own. Try lower temps first if using the black mouthpiece and get the glass accessories eventually if you want even more efficient microdosing and slightly improved vapor quality.

Also, I recommend buying a VapCap induction heater from FC user Pipes. I love my vapcap and use it way more now.
Cool. I will definitely check out the Lil Bud. If I wasn't already getting the Fierce, I'd be looking at the Fury 2. I actually just got added to the waiting list for the induction heater yesterday. Hopefully I like the Vapcap better after I get it. I'm actually gonna lend my Vapcap to a buddy for a while. I keep on fucking up and burning the weed or hash+hemp fiber that was packed in it.

Damn. The Lil Bud Elite looks sick. I want one. Hmm...

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I would have been more interested in the Elite if I hadn't bought an unregulated one. I've grown to love the manual experience of the single button combined with draw technique and I enjoy not setting or adjusting any box mod shit before I use it.

Maybe the Elite will be great though, who knows. I'm just saying it's not like I wish the LB had settings. I don't mind having to attend to the hit and release the button on my own.

an0maly

Seems like the unregulated vapes that are made of wood are pretty popular over here on FC now. I've been spending lots of time lately over on reddit subs like /r/vaporents and /r/waxpen. It's interesting to see what vapes are popular here vs over there. I kind of get the impression that members of FC are maybe a little older on average than the reddit people.

little maggie

Seems like the unregulated vapes that are made of wood are pretty popular over here on FC now. I've been spending lots of time lately over on reddit subs like /r/vaporents and /r/waxpen. It's interesting to see what vapes are popular here vs over there. I kind of get the impression that members of FC are maybe a little older on average than the reddit people.
I'm curious about the differences between the 2 sites. And what leaves you thinking there is an age difference.
I am getting shipped the mvt2 as I write. I was able to choose from 4 samples with different wood. Every one was beautiful. So far, that will be the most beautiful wood vape I own with no additional expense for the design.:)

And why is only the enano mentioned as a desktop? I like my underdog but the woodscent is a special desktop because you can use it as a portable vapcap as well as a desktop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom