• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Looking for "healthiest" vape available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, this is my first post on FC and I would really like your guys' opinion on my first vape purchase. I am looking for a very specific vape because I have a chronic illness called Cystic Fibrosis which is a very serious lung condition. I have vaped with a Volcano once before and also have used a bong and they are great but are too harsh to do everyday if I wanted to. The medicinal benefits of MJ are really great but I fear that the delivery system can be too harsh on my lungs if done often. So I have developed a list of criteria that I am looking for in a "desktop" vape and I hope you all can help me narrow it down!
I've been doing a lot of research on FC and I've just reached a point of indecision and need outside opinions.

1. Price: Not worried so much about price, but if it's going to be expensive it needs to have a warranty so it doesn't break a month later and I'm shit out of luck.

2. Must be a convection vaporizer.

3. I have to be able to filter the vapor through water. Whether that be a bong, small water pipe, ice chamber etc. it doesn't matter to me.

4. I would prefer a clear air pathway such as glass or ceramic. I just don't want the air I'll be breathing in to pass by electronics or metal that could oxidize and rust or have harmful chemicals built into it.

5. I don't need to be stealthy about it. This will be used at home so it doesn't need to be portable or discreet in sound or smell, but if it is that's a definite plus.

6. I don't mind if there's a learning curve to using it. I'll just find my sweet spot technique and stick to it.

I really appreciate your guys' help with this! I know it seems like the list of a little high maintenance prissy pants but I have to be picky for the sake of my health. There is nothing more important. The medicinal benefits of MJ are very positive and would help my health for the better but I need your help!

Thanks again guys!

-DFTBAT

P.S. I know about the Cloud EVO, but for $700 I'm not too confident in their customer service, warranty, and ability to send in for future repairs after the warranty has expired.

lwien

If you're concerned about the EVO, please check out the LSV. It's got a long track record for reliablity, has an all glass vapor path and is designed to be use with a bong or bubbler, especially if you get their shorty WPA with it. I use it to vape through very warm water and it is..............smooooooooth.

But I gotta ask, does vapor help alleviate the symptoms of CF?

Caligula

Maximus
The EV2 meets all of your criteria IIRC. And its half off at the moment. I also believe Andy gives FC members a lifetime warranty.

In any case with the sale its probably your least expensive option so you can blow more money on awesome glass.

Caligula,
Reactions: CarolKing
If you're concerned about the EVO, please check out the LSV. It's got a long track record for reliablity, has an all glass vapor path and is designed to be use with a bong or bubbler, especially if you get their shorty WPA with it. I use it to vape through very warm water and it is..............smooooooooth.

But I gotta ask, does vapor help alleviate the symptoms of CF?

Oh cool I'll look into that one.

There are several benefits for someone with CF.
Obviously there's the mental aspect that makes you happier and personally I'm more creative and have amazing revelations when high. I also love that my perception of time slows down. But physically there are a few benefits. It helps with my appetite since CF also affects the digestive system, particularly the pancreas, CFers are generally malnourished and don't have much of an appetite. When I'm high I can eat about 50% more or so. It also helps me sleep, since I sleep very lightly I'm not as well rested as I could be. Also, generally speaking MJ is an anti inflammatory herb, and it is inflammation that causes increased mucus production which in turn provides a conducive environment for life threatening bacteria to flourish in my lungs and other organs. A couple of the many meds I take are to decrease inflammation, and MJ works very well in my opinion. Another benefit is that it relieves pain. I don't have noticeable pain throughout the day, but when I'm high I realize how sore and achy my joints and muscles are from insufficient oxygen supply and generally being less than well nourished. Because MJ relieves this minor pain (it's more like discomfort) it's easier to get up and going with my day.

The EV2 meets all of your criteria IIRC. And its half off at the moment. I also believe Andy gives FC members a lifetime warranty.

In any case with the sale its probably your least expensive option so you can blow more money on awesome glass.

Thanks I'll look into that one! But can you post a link so I know exactly which one it is?

Last edited by a moderator:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The healthier vape imo is the Minivap, it's a truly convection vaporizer, it save the taste, it smooth and enough powerfull to get big rips.
You can get it with or without portability (mine is plugged cause it's cheaper) but it's not a real stealth portable.
For flower it's the master but actually it's not really able to vape concentrates, I'm waiting for a concentrates mode!

If you are looking for the smoothest and cleanest vapour that you can get look at the MV!
Look at awesomes Roger D vids in the Minivap thread, it convinces you!

PPN,

Wizsteve

Only two Vapes come to mind both should work well .

The Herbalizer can be filtered thru water

AroMed Vaporizer is filtered thru water

Wizsteve,

max

Out to lunch
I just don't want the air I'll be breathing in to pass by electronics or metal that could oxidize and rust or have harmful chemicals built into it.
Electronics in the air path is one thing. Aluminum, stainless steel, etc. are not an issue. They don't oxidize, rust or do any other nasty things. You don't wear a gas mask when you're out and about every day do you? Even out in the country you're exposed to cow farts and hog lagoons.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Check out the Vapolution 2.0 you'll have no reason to worry about the air/vapor path, pure glass or glass and food grade silicone tubing. All cleanable with ISO so germ free if you clean. Love mine.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: lwien

lwien

Check out the Vapolution 2.0 you'll have no reason to worry about the air/vapor path, pure glass or glass and food grade silicone tubing. All cleanable with ISO so germ free if you clean. Love mine.

But the OP states that he has to filter through water and in that case, there may be better options, eh, so he doesn't to go through a whip.

lwien,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
What's really wrong with a whip ? Check out Stu's videos with the vapo 2 and water. works well eh ?

RUDE BOY,

lwien

What's really wrong with a whip ? Check out Stu's videos with the vapo 2 and water. works well eh ?

When comparing my Buddha with my LSV, I find that the whip imparts a bit of taste of it's own as well as more surface area for condensation to take place. I just think for the OP, a whip less vape may be a bit cleaner for him to use being that every little bit helps when your lungs are compromised like his are.

I love whips, but not on my vapes. :brow:

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I do know its a personal preference but I don't care for a vape on top of a waterpiece myself or even a water tube on top. I use my mini flex bubbler on the end of a whip. I'm quite immunocompromised myself and am comfortable with the whip, it only takes a couple of minutes to clean and I'm gonna clean my glass every night anyways.

I have also found a whip can cool the vapor so I only need water filtration for some strains.

lwien

I have also found a whip can cool the vapor so I only need water filtration for some strains.

I've never used water to cool my vapor. I use very warm water to add moisture to my vapor for all strains, which I think, could be very beneficial for someone who has CF. Would love to hear the OP's thoughts on this.

Last edited:
I've never used water to cool my vapor. I use very warm water to add moisture to my vapor for all strains, which I think, could be very beneficial for someone who has CF. Would love to hear the OP's thoughts on this.

Wow thanks for all the replies guys, I'm going to look deeper into all these vapes. Regarding using a whip, I've never used one so I don't know about it's taste. I wouldn't mind using a whip as long as it is high grade and not susceptible to over heating and causing harmful fumes or taste. I'd prefer an all glass pathway first but I'm open to a whip. Every morning and night I do breathing treatments with a plastic nebulizer for an hour each, but they are not heated in any way. It just turns liquid medicine into mist. So as long as there's no overheating and harmful fumes being produced, even in the slightest, I could use a whip. Isn't it possible to press a bag/balloon up to a water filter/bong too? Is food grade or medical grade whip tubing capable of being heated to unsafe conditions when using a vape?

Oh and lwien are you absolutely sure that the LSV has an all glass vapor path that doesn't originate from inside the machine? I've been looking at their website and it doesn't say much about the air path.

Regarding the herbalizer, it looks really badass but it looks like the air originates from inside the machine.

Last edited:
dontforgettobringatowel,

lwien

Oh and lwien are you absolutely sure that the LSV has an all glass vapor path that doesn't originate from inside the machine? I've been looking at their website and it doesn't say much about the air path.

The ONLY thing that is not glass that is in the LSV's vapor path is a metal screen.

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom