Looking for first (portable) vape

Chegginton

I've never had a vape or had any experience with one before, but im looking to make the switch.

I've been looking around and decided I want to spend around £120($160) or less but might spend up to £150($200) if its really worth it.

- I'm going to be mostly using alone apart from a weekend or two where it may be 2 or 3
- I'd like it to be pretty efficient as it's going to be one of the main reasons for me switching to vape
- ability to set temperate by degree would be nice
- needs to be portable / on the smaller side
- smooth vapor is quite essential as well since I'm mildly asthmatic and recently smoking has been fucking me up
- I'm only interested in using flower so I don't need any fancy multimode

I know a lot of people recommend the fury 2 but im uk based so im not sure if its an option for me

any suggestions welcome, thanks.

Chegginton,

ginolicious

Haze Dual V3
Arizer solo 2 or Arizer Air 2
Airvape XS.
Pax 3
Vapir prims

Not all have temperature control down to the degree. Some may be over budget a bit.

ginolicious,
Reactions: arb

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
If making the switch from Combustion to vaping a on-demand vaporizer might be a good transition. On-demand offers instant heat and vapor , Lil'Bud by Vapwood made by @Bravesst as very little heat up time . Your draw speed dictates your roasting degree , just like smoking a pipe , joint or bong . No need to worry about temperature at all, When your herb is dark brown , you are done . Vapwood ships internationally and the Lil 'Bud is in your budget . It's Very efficient , easy to use / share , smooth tasty vapor , convection clean air path, portable. Handcrafted of wood , nothing to break, hard hitting quality vape .Here's a video of one .

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My recommendation would be to call Healthy Rips and see what can be arranged for international shipping on the Fury 2. It fits every category you mention and has impressed a lot of regular vapers around here. It deserves the hype IMHO.

Not to take away from some of the other previously mentioned vapes which I have not owned.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

sickmanfraud

I know a lot of people recommend the fury 2 but im uk based so im not sure if its an option for me

IIRC international shipping was about $15 US. VAT may be a problem with many vapes.

If you are allowed to import from Switzerland with no duty then check out the Tubo Evic thread.

sickmanfraud,

Brachmanhuxley

I recently got an Arizer Air 2 and I’m very happy with it. I think it fits everything you’re looking for in a portable vaporizer.

If you like smoking a lot, it may take you some time to get used to vaporizing but I strongly suggest making that “effort”. IMO the high is more pleasant, the flavor is incredible and you avoid the nasty consequences from smoking. However, if this is your case, you may want to look for a vaporizer that offers a similar experience to combusting.

Good luck!

Brachmanhuxley,

Vaporware

VapCaps are also good options in your price range, if you’re okay with using a little pocket torch or an induction heater instead of batteries. It can get a bit harsh for me sometimes after the same material has been heated a few times, but you can use very small amounts at once (with the adjustable titanium tip) and it’s possible to avoid the harshness I get sometimes, I’m just not an expert user yet. ;)

You have some other great suggestions, but it seems to me that some smokers find it easier to transition from smoking to vaporizing when the “ritual” is very similar to a one-hitter that most smokers are probably familiar with. The VCs are pretty efficient too, so take a look if you aren’t familiar with them yet. :)

Vaporware,
Reactions: Squiby

Chegginton

Haze Dual V3
Arizer solo 2 or Arizer Air 2
Airvape XS.
Pax 3
Vapir prims

Not all have temperature control down to the degree. Some may be over budget a bit.

Thanks for the reply, I've looked at the vapes and most seem out of my price range but thanks anyway

Chegginton,

Chegginton

If making the switch from Combustion to vaping a on-demand vaporizer might be a good transition. On-demand offers instant heat and vapor , Lil'Bud by Vapwood made by @Bravesst as very little heat up time . Your draw speed dictates your roasting degree , just like smoking a pipe , joint or bong . No need to worry about temperature at all, When your herb is dark brown , you are done . Vapwood ships internationally and the Lil 'Bud is in your budget . It's Very efficient , easy to use / share , smooth tasty vapor , convection clean air path, portable. Handcrafted of wood , nothing to break, hard hitting quality vape .Here's a video of one .

That looks pretty interesting so I'll check it out thanks.

My recommendation would be to call Healthy Rips and see what can be arranged for international shipping on the Fury 2. It fits every category you mention and has impressed a lot of regular vapers around here. It deserves the hype IMHO.

Not to take away from some of the other previously mentioned vapes which I have not owned.

I think I found a shop that stocks the fury 2 in europe so it's most likely on the table for me now and I'll be looking more into it.

IIRC international shipping was about $15 US. VAT may be a problem with many vapes.

If you are allowed to import from Switzerland with no duty then check out the Tubo Evic thread.

I recently got an Arizer Air 2 and I’m very happy with it. I think it fits everything you’re looking for in a portable vaporizer.

If you like smoking a lot, it may take you some time to get used to vaporizing but I strongly suggest making that “effort”. IMO the high is more pleasant, the flavor is incredible and you avoid the nasty consequences from smoking. However, if this is your case, you may want to look for a vaporizer that offers a similar experience to combusting.

Good luck!

Yeah i've heard people mention the vape high is different than any other high so it'll be interesting to see. Unfortunately the Arizer air 2 is just about out of my price range, but it's on my list for if I ever get a second vape.

VapCaps are also good options in your price range, if you’re okay with using a little pocket torch or an induction heater instead of batteries. It can get a bit harsh for me sometimes after the same material has been heated a few times, but you can use very small amounts at once (with the adjustable titanium tip) and it’s possible to avoid the harshness I get sometimes, I’m just not an expert user yet. ;)

You have some other great suggestions, but it seems to me that some smokers find it easier to transition from smoking to vaporizing when the “ritual” is very similar to a one-hitter that most smokers are probably familiar with. The VCs are pretty efficient too, so take a look if you aren’t familiar with them yet. :)

I've heard so much about the VapeCap but i only ever saw people using them with huge ass butane torches but if I can find one small enough it will definitely be an option for me.

Thanks for all the replies, I have quite a few vapes to consider now.

Chegginton,

Vaporware

I think most or all of the butane torches on Dynavap’s site are pocketable. There are some the exact size of a Zippo (you can use Zippo shells on those), and others like the Poseidon triple torch I got from them are only like the size of a couple of regular lighters smashed together.

In fact, you can even use a regular lighter it’ll just take longer and leave more residue on the cap.

Vaporware,
Reactions: Squiby

sickmanfraud

Yeah i've heard people mention the vape high is different than any other high so it'll be interesting to see. Unfortunately the Arizer air 2 is just about out of my price range, but it's on my list for if I ever get a second vape.

Actually, there is one on the classified ads for 120 pounds.

sickmanfraud,

Chegginton

Actually, there is one on the classified ads for 120 pounds.

I've been looking at the arizer air 2 a bit more and I might splash some more money to get one if it's worth it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the linx gaia? All the reviews I've seen praise it but id rather not base my choices on people who get sent free units. I can get one for £100 so it doesn't seem like a bad choice. I've heard some people calling it a convection vape and others sayings its combustion, I suppose its a hybrid or something?

Skunkport

https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizers/portable_vaporizers/healthy-rips-fury-2/

Free shipping, no duty or VAT since it's Europe. Use VAPOSPY5 for 5% off.

I'm UK too so I bought mine from there, arrived promptly and no problems. If you're going to use it at home too and you have asthma, probably worth adding a water pipe adaptor to filter it through a bong.

I just looked at a couple reviews of the Gaia and I see the build quality praised which is cool. But it's all about the vapour and that gets rated average. By people who were given it free.
It sounds like the same heating, more or less, as the Fury 2 - Convection through heated air, but some heat transferred through the chamber walls too.

Skunkport,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

I'm UK too so I bought mine from there, arrived promptly and no problems. If you're going to use it at home too and you have asthma, probably worth adding a water pipe adaptor to filter it through a bong.

I just looked at a couple reviews of the Gaia and I see the build quality praised which is cool. But it's all about the vapour and that gets rated average. By people who were given it free.
It sounds like the same heating, more or less, as the Fury 2 - Convection through heated air, but some heat transferred through the chamber walls too.

FC Discount: Use code VAPOBUST2018 during check-out to receive 10% off on all vaporizers.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaposhop-europes-1-vaporizer-store.4187/

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Skunkport

Chegginton

Oh nice looks like I'll be getting that then I'll look into getting a water pipe adaptor as well

FC Discount: Use code VAPOBUST2018 during check-out to receive 10% off on all vaporizers.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaposhop-europes-1-vaporizer-store.4187/

Thanks for the code man

I think I'm pretty set on the Fury 2 and if not I've got a few other options from this thread so it could be considered closed now. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Chegginton You're welcome ,bro ! Vaposhop's service is as good as it gets,shipping is via DHL and is really fast,also it is free over 50.
I havent tried the Fury but there are a lot of respected members who hold it in high regard,i am sure you will be happy with yours.
I vape almost 100% trough water, IMO getting the water pipe adapter is a good decision ,i would have done the same.
Good luck with your new vape !

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Skunkport

stark3y

Arizer ArGo sounds like a good option although a little more than your budget, also considered the Fury 2 but was out of stock at Vaposhop when I was looking.

Managed to get the Argo from Namaste Vapes for £160 using a code, has been my first vape experience and I'm very happy with it so far :tup:

lookhigh

FC member
have any thoughts on the linx gaia? All the reviews I've seen praise it but id rather not base my choices on people who get sent free units. I can get one for £100 so it doesn't seem like a bad choice. I've heard some people calling it a convection vape and others sayings its combustion, I suppose its a hybrid or something?

Back away back the F away.

Fury 2 is all you. the end.

Last edited:

virtualpurple

I've been looking at the arizer air 2 a bit more and I might splash some more money to get one if it's worth it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the linx gaia? All the reviews I've seen praise it but id rather not base my choices on people who get sent free units. I can get one for £100 so it doesn't seem like a bad choice. I've heard some people calling it a convection vape and others sayings its combustion, I suppose its a hybrid or something?

There is a thread for the Gaia on this forum in the portables section. I would recommend investing elsewhere as it seems that folks have been experiencing issues with reliability and build quality.

If you were able to budget for it I would recommend the evic tubo all day long. It runs about 195 US dollars but it really checks off all the boxes. Great for solo use or groups, very efficient with herb, can be used on demand (similar to the lil bud someone recommended) or in a session mode where it senses your draw and ups the power while you draw in.

Also, the tubo allow you do dial in the temperature by adjusting the desired temperature.

The tubo made most of my desktops into paperweights, and I’m talking about some highly regarded desktops like the EVO and the Herbalizer.

However, on the opposite end of the spectrum I want to cast another vote for the vapcap. When I first started looking at vapes I wanted nothing to do with butane and I wanted precise temperature control with a battery. I avoided the vapcap for a year after it arrived because I was certain that I would find it fiddly or inconvenient. Now I have several vapcaps in my rotation and they are the first vapes I look to when introducing people to vaping or to gift people. You can buy torch lighters from Donavan or amazon for very little that are easily pocketable as well. If you are interested I can give links to the torch thread and to the best of dynavap thread.

@Squiby has got great vapcap tips, including making a little filter to make the vapor even smoother.

Also right now dynavap is having a sale where you can snag a great deal on a vapcap! You could take your budget and pick up a vapcap with a torch and maybe even an induction heater to take care of the job when you didn’t want to use a torch.

For what it’s worth, if I could only pick one portable to bring to prison, a desert island, or Valhalla it would be the vapcap literally 100% of the time.

little maggie

I know there are a lot of vapcap fans here. I'm not one of those because I don't like butane and I found it too harsh for me. But if you're used to smoking than you might like a vapcap.

Otherwise I think the Fury 2 is one of the best, inexpensive vapes out there. I don't have the current arizer but I doubt it's worth the increase over the fury 2. I'd also recommend the tubo which comes from Switzerland. One of the benefits of it is that the developer is a regular here and makes improvements in the software. The others require buying a new updated vape instead of updating one you own. The tubo would be my desert island vape- assuming I could have a battery charge with me.

little maggie,

lookhigh

FC member
While the tubo is what you say it is he is looking for a small portable.
The fury2 is tiny with a massive heart.

Squiby

@Squiby has got great vapcap tips, including making a little filter to make the vapor even smoother.

I have very sensitive lungs from life of chronic asthma. I limited when and where I would toke up because I didn't always want to suffer the breathing difficulties that resulted from harsh smoke or vapor. The Vapcap was a total game changer for me as it can provide the smoothest non irritating vapor. This is achieved by loading small amounts in the Vapcap chamber, using a mouthpull technique and using a degummed hemp fiber filter.

Check out the links in my signature....:) For more detailed info. :)

little maggie

While the tubo is what you say it is he is looking for a small portable.
The fury2 is tiny with a massive heart.
I agree. And the fury is the only vape I've ever had that I use dry- no water or whip. I have no idea why.
Still I think options are important. The mvt and milaana are smaller and very good. But if the vape is not needed for stealth, I think considering the tubo makes sense. It's not tiny but it does fit in my pocket.

And I started getting vapcaps back when they began being offered. I still have 4 or 5. For me, fiddling with lighters was a total hassle. I bought quite a few of the recommended ones by different companies. Even with high quality butane none of them worked well. Charging batteries turned out to be so much easier than filling 4 or 5 lighters only to have most of them not work. I'm sure others don't have this problem or it wouldn't be so popular but I can't figure out why mine didn't.

ZC

Vapcap is a perfect first vape honestly. Really easy to use, difficult to accidentally combust with, and provides super smooth vapor especially for such a short airpath.

I'd recomend an Omni XL for the smoothest experience.

Lil' Bud is also great and probably my personal favorite overall portable, but it definitely has a learning curve and especially with shorter stems if you don't have proper technique it could be harsh. Don't get me wrong, you can get extremely tasty, smooth hits with it but you have to know what you're doing and learning that will probably require a couple mistakes on the way.

Chegginton

Damn thanks for keeping the suggestions coming in.

I have very sensitive lungs from life of chronic asthma. I limited when and where I would toke up because I didn't always want to suffer the breathing difficulties that resulted from harsh smoke or vapor. The Vapcap was a total game changer for me as it can provide the smoothest non irritating vapor. This is achieved by loading small amounts in the Vapcap chamber, using a mouthpull technique and using a degummed hemp fiber filter.

Check out the links in my signature....:) For more detailed info. :)

Thanks for the great advice. I think I'm going to get a VapCap to use at home as well as a fury for on the go. I can see myself collecting quite a few vapes just purely to try them out, I'm kind of glad my asthma starting acting up now, otherwise I would have carried on like usual and never entertained vaping

Top Bottom