Looking for biographies

FrogBoy138

I try and not junk up the forums by making threads. I'm looking for some good biographies I like fallen icons, rock stars, savants, geniuses. I will list some of my favorites in case anybody is looking for something to read. Stuey Ungar card savant best Gin rummy player ever also maybe the best poker player ever. Kim Peek savant Rain Man. Chris McCandless ,John Holmes, Keith Moon, Easy-E Tupac, John Belushi I'm looking for any biographies or documentaries that could change the way i think or feel or think about life, myself, anything you feel is worth looking into. I'm reading many hours a day and any info I can pick up from other people would really help me out.

FrogBoy138,

satyrday

I just watched the documentary 'Guerilla - The Taking of Patty Hearst' the other night. The early 70s fascinates me and this was an excellent time capsule that helped deepen my understanding of both the popular and fringe mindsets of the era. I find it especially interesting when those two cross, as they do in this story.

Marilyn Manson wrote a good one. So did Linda Lovelace. I also read a great one about Kurt Cobain but I can't remember the title off hand...maybe it was "About a Boy,the Kurt Cobain story". I'm probably wrong on that one...I'll try and find the title for ya.
Also read anything by Hunter S. Thompson. His writings will give you a different perspective of the 1960's and 70s American counter-culture. You must read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas!! If you enjoy a good read that takes you places you didn't even know existed,H.S.T is the man!
Or you could read Britney Spears book then kill yourself. Best to stick to Thompson.

Top Bottom