Looking for an very efficient mobile Vaporizer

Which vaporizer is the best for my requirements?

• Flowermate V5.0S

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • MFLB

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • PAX/Project X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mAti

Hi,
I want to start vaping, and therefore need a good vaporizer (I know thousands of threads like this were here before, but mine is a bit different).
I only want to spend about 100-150€, but the most important feature has to be efficiency. That means I want to use as least MJ as possible to get high. So far I smoked pure or with tobacco ~0.25g to get where I want to be. The best thing would be, if I only need 0.1g or less to get the same effect in the new vaporizer. (I know it has something to do with the technique of draw etc. - I can learn this).
I was looking for the best vaporizer for my requirements, so I found out, that the MFLB is very famous and seems to be very nice for this price, the PAX (or Project X in Europe) is nice, but not that efficient and the Flowermate V5.0S seems to be good too.
Now I have absolutely no information about the efficiency of these vapes, everybody says something different. :(
What I don't like about the MFLB is the thing with the batteries, I think this can be very annoying. In addition to that, the temperature can't be changed, that should be possible too.

Now my final question is:
Which mobile vaporizer should I buy? The best thing would be if I can get it at my local head shop. The seller told me, he can get every vape on this site. But if another vaporizer is considerably better, I will buy the better one of course. ;)

NOTE: The 3 named vaporizers are only the result of my own researches. Don't decide between these 3, if another one is better.

Thank you in advance for your hopefully helpful answers.

mAti,

Jethro

You could spend about half of that or even less on a VaporGenie or a Lotus. I like my VG better than my Pax. It's amazingly efficient and can give the thickest, milkiest hits you could ever wish for.

hoptimum

In my experience, log style vaporizers are the most efficient. I'm not sure about availability where you are, but Underdog, Enano and Heat Island are all extremely efficient and hard hitting. The HI has a waiting list, though. The only vaporizers on that site that qualify for your needs seem to be the Solo and the Magic Flight, IMO

hoptimum,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
The PAX is only sold in the USA if I recall, and the 10 year warranty would be void outside the USA.

The Lotus is a great vaporizer (VERY efficient and FAST) - but it has a bit of a learning curve, and the use of a torch means it's not very stealthy (a loud hissing torch hitting some sort of metal plate - doesn't look very legal....)

Another option you might want to consider (if you are looking at the pax) - is the Indica vaporizer - with two of the included spacers, I bet you could pack less than 0.1g of material (maybe even 0.05g) and still get good results.

Delta3DStudios,

mAti

In europe, an 1:1 copy of the PAX is sold - the Project X (it has even the same errors as the PAX lol). It should be no problem, to get one.
Log Vapes seem to be actually not available in Germany. :mad:
I don't like using jet lighters for vaping. As Ratchett said: It doesn't look very legal :D
The Indica Vaporizer produces smoke, not vapor, am I right (because of conduction)?

Has the efficiency only to do with the size of the herb chamber? If this is right, why can't I just fill the rest of the chamber with tobacco? (I know most people here don't like tobacco, but I smoke 2 or 3 cigarettes per day, so a little bit more would be okay for me too)

mAti,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
The Indica Vaporizer produces smoke, not vapor, am I right (because of conduction)?

Has the efficiency only to do with the size of the herb chamber? If this is right, why can't I just fill the rest of the chamber with tobacco? (I know most people here don't like tobacco, but I smoke 2 or 3 cigarettes per day, so a little bit more would be okay for me too)

As @lwien said, Nope, you're wrong. The indica (Like the pax) uses conduction to heat the oven walls, and transmit the heat throughout the load.

Efficiency has nothing to do with size of the herb chamber, it has to do with the performance of the vaporizer and how it vaporizers the load. For what it's worth - every true vaporizer I own is equally as 'efficient' given enough time. However, some require 30+ minutes to extract, while other vapes can finish the same size load in less than a minute (like my load).

Most people don't vaporize tobacco because it doesn't vape very well (taste isn't as desirable)

For what it's worth, I feel the Indica is superior to the Pax - it requires less maintenance, seems more durable, and the Indica produces a better flavor

Delta3DStudios,

davesmith

Glass Blower
Can't believe no one has said Vapman!

It's THE most efficient vape i've ever used. Bar none. Seriously if you only care about efficiency then I'd highly recommend it.

And it's nicely in your budget.

Lotus isn't a bad suggestion either.

I have a pax, and if efficiency and stealth is what you are looking for, look elsewhere.

The Pax hits optimally when you have a good amount of material in the chamber (~.5 to even almost a full gram) and it stinks up the entire room, almost more than if you were smoking because the essential oils are so strong.

That and it needs frequent cleaning. Its the only one I've used on your list. Not to say that its a bad vape, but I do wish I had looked around more before buying it.

Honestly though the best way to use a pax I saw in a video here

I don't have a tube at the moment but I am tempted to get one just because how much nicer it will make my pax.

JustCallMeKush,

max

Out to lunch
the most important feature has to be efficiency. That means I want to use as least MJ as possible to get high.
Efficiency is mostly up to the user. Certain models make 'using less' easier because they limit the hit size and/or bowl size, requiring more hits and/or bowl loads, meaning you're more likely to decide you've had enough (for the time being), and avoid more hits or another reload.

In addition to that, the temperature can't be changed, that should be possible too.
It is. The longer the battery is engaged, the hotter it gets.

why can't I just fill the rest of the chamber with tobacco?
I guess you could, although I can't recall anyone ever recommending that. For one thing, it would make cleaning your vape about 10 times more difficult. If you want to vape tobacco then I'd use it only for that purpose.
Efficiency has nothing to do with size of the herb chamber
Ahh but you're wrong, not because of science, but because of the way people tend to vape. You're most likely gonna get more vapor in one hit from a big hitter, than from quite a few hits from a vape with a tiny bowl (the PD and Zap, for a good example and from personal experience), UNLESS you only load a tiny amount in the big hitter, and realistically, nobody does that. Small hits due to air/vapor path restriction is the easiest way, by far, to use less. If I drive a 4 cylinder car that goes 0-60 in 5 sec., I'm not gonna get good gas mileage. It's not because it's incapable of getting decent mileage, it's due to the way I'm gonna drive it - because I can.

mAti

I think I will buy the Magic Flight Launch Box, because it's available at my headshop and what's most important: According to the FAQ on their site, the MFLB uses a quarter of the smoked amount of weed and it's electrical, so very easy/stealthy to use.
Has anyone an idea, how I can clean the Box AND get vapeable resin back? In all videos I've seen, the people used Q-tips and rubbing alcohol, but if the resin sticks on the cotton of the Q-tip, I can't use it ...

mAti,

hoptimum

I think I will buy the Magic Flight Launch Box, because it's available at my headshop and what's most important: According to the FAQ on their site, the MFLB uses a quarter of the smoked amount of weed and it's electrical, so very easy/stealthy to use.
Has anyone an idea, how I can clean the Box AND get vapeable resin back? In all videos I've seen, the people used Q-tips and rubbing alcohol, but if the resin sticks on the cotton of the Q-tip, I can't use it ...

you're not going to get any reclaim from the box. maybe from the stem a little

puddleglum

If you are concerned with efficiency then ABV edibles are a great way to make a little go a long way. There are some excellent recipes in the appropriate sub-forum.

The box itself, there is really nothing to clean. The stem will accumulate resin over time. What I do is this: I clean it just after a vape session (so the stem is warm from use). I take a small piece of cotton (about the size of a Q tip head) and push it through with something skinny. The warm resin sticks to the cotton without need any rubbing alcohol or other solvents. Then I simply put the resinated cotton in the trench on top of a little bit of weed, and it vapes real nice. It is not a huge amount of resin, but for me, a dirty MFLB stem is exactly the right amount to make a good session into a great session. :)

puddleglum,

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I used to be sceptical towards lighter vapes, but meine freund, the Vapman is incredibly efficient, tasty, portable, solid and well designed.

I'm telling you, man, now I even like the lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom