• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Looking for a vape for bong hits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this should be posted in the Cloud thread since I'm mostly asking about the cloud but here it goes.
I've been reading the forums for the last few days to pick out a vape. I've used a lot of other people but never owned one myself.
I want to use it for solo use and be able to take bong hits.
About my usage:
•I smoke daily when i have weed but am frequently dry so my tolerance is always pretty low.
•Bowls are usually around .1g
•I only smoke after work/school so I only do 2 bowls usually a day.

What I like about the cloud:
•I love the way the glass attaches to the piece and the motion of removing it to clear seems so natural.
•I like running it through water
•temp control
•people in the thread said you could use it with small amounts of weed. I saw someone say they used it for .1g, that's about my bowl size.

Mostly what's holding me back is the price. I would need to do a bit of saving before I could buy it. This means I'll at least wait till the Cloud Plus is announced and be able to compare that.
A lot of people just recommend going with the MFLB for my first vape but I haven't been completely happy with it when I've used it. It takes a lot of hits before I really feel anything.
So my question is: is the cloud a good fit for me? Is there better options?
(I'm posting this from my phone and I tried to proof read but its sort of tricky. Excuse the typos)

NataliePortmanteau,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
LSV and Solo are both good for bong hits and way cheaper than the cloud. Not saying you shouldn't buy a Cloud just a couple of other options.

My thoughts exactly. Don't forget the logs either.. HI UD or WW are great with water. the new e-nano also has some fans already.

The Solo has the advantage of having an almost perfect balance between what i like in a desktop unit with the mobility and easy handling of a portable.

The LSV is great but not as easy to save your stash with it, and it is quite big compared to logs and Solo.

The logs are simple, easy to setup and master as well as handle although the Solo is a little more hands free because the stem is not easily removable.

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
I don't recommend the Cloud. I bought it and it broke after 9 days. VXL blamed me and they refused to cooperate. Eventually Visa and the Better Business Bureau got involved, I returned it for a full refund. Still lost 150$ in the adventure. They have awful customer service. Their CEO is a young, passionate entrepreneurial mind but he has zero experience in business so his execution and presentation is lacking. The Cloud may be a good product to get, but in a few years, when the company has matured.

The Cloud overheats way too fast (they fixed this in post-production by adding a silicon sheet in the packaging which you must apply yourself) and someone recently opened it up to reveal a huge design flaw. VXL is asking a premium price for their product, but they neither provide premium customer service and their product is far from being premium.

What I did is I got a Solo and a bubbler. PlanetVape sells custom gong adapters, including their high efficiency stem, just for the solo, so you can interface it with any piece of glass you choose. It cost me half the price of the Cloud, is 100% portable (the solo is so small and yet powerful... amazing little vape) and produces the same quality of vapor. Arizer has been around for a while, they have a proven track record, so you can buy in confidence.

I am a legal patient under the Canadian MMAR and vaporizer multiples times a day (3-5g/day usually) so my solo and bubbler are seeing daily efficient use.

Good luck!

TigerLord,
Reactions: vape4life

lwien

Having never used a Solo but with extensive use of a log vape (Purple Days) through a bong, my suggestion is if you don't want to spring the bucks for a Cloud, get the LSV.

Edit: While I will not disparage TigerLord's post above mine, I will state that while his view has been echoed by a few, there are WAYYYYYYY more that have expressed not only their love for the Cloud, but have nothing but GREAT things to say about their customer service as well.

lwien,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
It's true, some people have had great experiences, others have had really bad ones. And yet, look at this:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-287

Shipping a vaporizer with the packing slip visible on the outside of the box? This is just one example that perfectly demonstrates the company's lack of experience. You NEVER put the packing slip outside the box, to be visible and read by anyone. ESPECIALLY when it comes to sensitive products like vaporizers.

There is a tendency for stoners to rationalize away their purchases even if they regret it deep down. There are some people in the Cloud thread who have had their Cloud break twice, and yet they still sing praises. It confuses me, really.

My Solo+Bubbler combo produces superb vapor and PlanetVape has some of the best customer service I've seen in years, so it's a no brainer, for me.

Thanks for the responses. I'm reading the LSV thread right now, once people stopped complaining about the price it seems there aren't too many complaints with it. So its definitely in the running.
I'm really glad to see other suggestions. I honestly hadn't looked at the logs much at all, so I'll read those too. Purple Days has been discontinued for a while now right? I looked at that one yesterday since I still see people rave about it.
Do the wooden logs absorb the scent and get smelly? I don't mind the smell of vapor when in use but I don't really want the vape itself to smell.

NataliePortmanteau,

lwien

It's true, some people have had great experiences, others have had really bad ones. And yet, look at this:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-287

Shipping a vaporizer with the packing slip visible on the outside of the box? This is just one example that perfectly demonstrates the company's lack of experience. You NEVER put the packing slip outside the box, to be visible and read by anyone. ESPECIALLY when it comes to sensitive products like vaporizers.

ALL start up companies go though a learning curve. For me, the question would not be the mistakes that they make, but more importantly, how they address and correct those mistakes. In the case that you mention above regarding the packing slip, they immediately jumped all over that and corrected it.

I've said it before in other threads, but will repeat it here. There IS a gamble when one purchases product from a start-up company, or...........purchases product of a brand new design from a long standing company. But there are many who are willing to take that gamble because they want to be on the cutting edge of technology. But to anyone that is willing to take this gamble, I think it's paramount to check into their reputation before making the leap, and from everything that I know of the Cloud and StoneMonkey, for me, their reputation is just about flawless. Will they make mistakes? Sure they will. Will they correct them ASAP? For the most part, it sure as hell seems that they are. Will there by anomalies? Like everything else...........yes.

I don't think that there is ANY vape company currently in existence that has not had their fair share of issues. Example: If you want to talk about customer service complaints, check out some of the posts regarding products from 7th Floor...........and Arizer, and............etc etc etc.

lwien,
Reactions: harmudge

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
Iwien, if you're providing a "learning curve customer service" the price should match. VXL are still at the bottom of the curve compared to other companies, but they charge you as if they were at the top.

The overheating is a design flaw. Now we know the ceramic heater is only connected by a single solder when there should be at least one mechanical clamp to hold the wire down, which is an industry standard. That's two flaws that we know about.

Arizer's solo can be had for 200$. It's a lot easier to forgive simple mistakes. I paid 650$ for the Cloud. You'd expect at least the same build quality for something that is 3 times the price, but this is not the case. There is nothing cutting edge about the Cloud. It's a delusion perpetrated by the Kool-Aid producers. My Solo+Bubbler does exactly what the Cloud did for half the price and half the headache.

YMMV.

Pcpvapors

Thanks for the responses. I'm reading the LSV thread right now, once people stopped complaining about the price it seems there aren't too many complaints with it. So its definitely in the running.
I'm really glad to see other suggestions. I honestly hadn't looked at the logs much at all, so I'll read those too. Purple Days has been discontinued for a while now right? I looked at that one yesterday since I still see people rave about it.
Do the wooden logs absorb the scent and get smelly? I don't mind the smell of vapor when in use but I don't really want the vape itself to smell.
That price complaint was for its original price but now at 180$ it's very attractive. The vaporization process smells, the glass will absorb some vapor from condensation but if you clean regularly you shouldn't have a smell problem. Really there's no way around the smell of your material and plan on it amplifying when heating up, "water curing" supposedly helps the material not smell but regardless it stinks.

EDIT: the solo can be had for 160$, and I highly recommended it as it's the best of both worlds and is less smelly than the LSV.

Pcpvapors,
Reactions: vorrange

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't know of other logs vapes besides the UD, but my (under)dog doesn't smell, in fact I use it for aromatherapy oils, so I guess it actually does smell, most of the time its minty.

If anything it may smell like underbutter, but I love the smell of underbutter.

Dave is friendly and responds pretty prompt, and every dog he makes is gorgeous. (Even the lost ones)
The underdog also can be connected to glass with ease, in my opinion if you don't want to buy a GonG connector for yours, don't you don't have to, the silicone Dave provides is more than enough, but the option is definitely there.

Once connected to water the hits are smooth and immediate vapor pours (depending on load size), I've been trying to reduce so my average load size has been about .05g but it can easily handle .1g bowls as the screen can be move.

Did I mention that dogs love water?

paytonpenn,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
A dog vape is definitely my next purchase. Something about the wood makes the Canadian in me so happy :)

TigerLord,
Reactions: Buildozer

vorrange

Vapor.wise

No smell whatsoever in the logs. The only thing that can get smelly are the stems and they are easily cleaned. The PD was great but the market has gone beyond it and honestly there are much better units today, better heating times, better heat sinks, longer longevity, less wood charring. There is a log vape in the testing fase that has a glass center tube instead of a metal one.

And they are much smaller than the PD as well.

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
If you get glass and want to keep it clean, I highly recommend buying Grunge Off or PBW.

I use Grunge Off to soak my glass every night before bed, and then I put the grunge off back in the bottle.
My glass is clean 100% of the time, with zero smell!

TigerLord,

My E-Nano doesn't smell at all when it's powered off, something I was pleasantly surprised about.

Having never used a Solo but with extensive use of a log vape (Purple Days) through a bong, my suggestion is if you don't want to spring the bucks for a Cloud, get the LSV.

No smell whatsoever in the logs. The only thing that can get smelly are the stems and they are easily cleaned. The PD was great but the market has gone beyond it and honestly there are much better units today, better heating times, better heat sinks, longer longevity, less wood charring. There is a log vape in the testing fase that has a glass center tube instead of a metal one.

And they are much smaller than the PD as well.

Yeah I think it's unfair to compare the performance of the PD to more modern log vapes. Times have changed.

kingofnull,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
What's this log vape with glass inside a metal core about? Who is designing it? I'm interested in finding out more.

mod note: From the rules page-
  • Stay on topic. Please avoid derailing or side-tracking discussions.

TigerLord,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
For wayyy less than the Cloud you could buy an Underdog, a Solo, a decent glass piece and several accsesories to pair them all up. As one who also uses small ammounts, I would recommend a UD if I was only to get one. Always ready to go, looks like a piece of art that can be left out in the open with no questions, loves water, and produces huge hits. If I spent $600+ on a vape, I would wind up in divorce court! LoL With that all said, I have never used a Cloud and am sure they are nice too.

happyTrails,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
My E-Nano doesn't smell at all when it's powered off, something I was pleasantly surprised about.

Yeah I think it's unfair to compare the performance of the PD to more modern log vapes. Times have changed.

I think it is quite fair. The element is the same, the heat sink is similar and the center tube is metal in almost every design except the Hot Pod where it is glass.

The only think that was changed was wood thickness, and different assembly designs and different core insulations. There is not really new technology, just different designs using the same materials.

Pcpvapors

Hell, BigDaddyVapor has plenty of vids showing the MFLB milking 15"+ tubes, I personally use the gn0me.
I mean honestly there's so many options for vaporbongin, it all is going to come down to conveinece.

Pcpvapors,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
There is not really new technology, just different designs using the same materials.

Exactly. A vaporizer is just a block of material that heats a substance. There's nothing revolutionary in it. The Oracle truly was innovative, but they've completely disappeared from the map overnight. Goes to show some companies in this business have no ethics.

TigerLord,
Reactions: vape4life

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
VXL are still at the bottom of the curve compared to other companies, but they charge you as if they were at the top.

I've been seriously contemplating getting the Cloud instead of a new bubbler, now your making me second guess (not a bad thing). Admittedly I haven't spent much time in the VXL thread.

Now you have me thinking of getting a portable or log vaporizer. I guess I could get one of each for the same price as the cloud, :).

Sorry OP, back on topic.

I've used only a few vapes and my least favorite was the MFLB. I have an OCD about the AA batteries and keeping them charged, so I didn't like to experiment that much, so maybe it was the learning curve. But as you state, solo use and low tolerance/usage, a log vape sounds like the best fit.

Tweak,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Exactly. A vaporizer is just a block of material that heats a substance. There's nothing revolutionary in it. The Oracle truly was innovative, but they've completely disappeared from the map overnight. Goes to show some companies in this business have no ethics.

That was not exactly what i meant, take the log vaporizers as an example:

There is always the same basic design, one resistance inside a metal tube with holes in the bottom and the air goes through the holes, heating as it passes through the element and vaporizing the herbs that are on a stem that is fitted around or inside said metal center tube.This core is then surrounded by a wood cilinder providing protection, and heat insulation. BUT, you can see a vaporizer with a ceramic surrounded core (CRZ), with a closed corse (UD), with an open core (HI-WW), and many other differences that are possible with minor design changes and inovation in the physical part of the process of vaporization and heat retention.

Of course, when you consider what the overal function of a vaporizer his, it's pretty simple and you are right.. just a block of material with a element that is capable of heating the material at desired and consistent temperatures.

vorrange,
I think it is quite fair. The element is the same, the heat sink is similar and the center tube is metal in almost every design except the Hot Pod where it is glass.

The only think that was changed was wood thickness, and different assembly designs and different core insulations. There is not really new technology, just different designs using the same materials.
I was agreeing with your post and challenging lwien's ;)

kingofnull,
Reactions: vorrange

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
OP, here is a picture I just took of my Solo+Bubbler. Coca Cola for scale ;)

cloudbubbler.jpg

Basically you can replicate this setup with any bubbler and any vape you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom