1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Looking for a Vap as a gift

Discussion in 'ABV' started by cheaptoad, Aug 25, 2014.

1. cheaptoad

cheaptoad New Member

After looking around on various sites, I think I'd like to get either a portable or pen vap. I want to keep it around $100. Any suggestions?

BTW, it will be used for dried botanicals

2. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

For flowers, the Lotus IMO dominates that price range. Real familiar for those transitioning from combustion, as it has a very bowl-like feel and adapts easily to any of the lucky recipient's existing glass collection.

Or are you looking for a pen for concentrates?

3. cheaptoad

cheaptoad New Member

Thanx for the response. It will just be used for Dried.

4. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Magic flight, lotus, vapman, hammer maybe a solo ifthe budget extends a wee bit more

5. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

I'd say go with the new FlowerMate Vapormax 5S, it's pretty good!

6. Ratchett

Ratchett Delta 3D Studios Designer Accessory Maker

The lotus is an awesome vape, though it's not the most stealth (unless you can walk around a corner and be undisturbed for 2 minutes, then you're golden). It an awesome portable however, especially since it feels similar to combusting with a bowl/bubbler.

I would suggest also looking at the Airizer solo, it's a bit more money, but such a nice portable vape

(Welcome to the forum btw :wave:)

KidFated. and EveryDayAmnesiac like this.
  7. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Don't rule out the much cheaper Vaporgenie, I love mine and it's a great introduction to vaporizing.

SpaceCoyote, Stu, lwien and 2 others like this.
  8. mrweed

mrweed vaporizer review blogger

firewood 2.1 or magic flight!

lwien likes this.
  9. KeroZen

This is Sparta!!!!! :haw:

mrweed likes this.
  10. max

max Bingo Coordinator Staff Member

Then forget about pen vapes. As for others, it would depend on how the giftee takes to various designs. The best buy for $100 IMO would be the Vapolution Purity package, but it's not for vaping on the go, except for easy car or boat use, since it only needs the car adapter. The Magic Flight is great for some, but others don't take to it. Without knowing the user's preferences (does the user even have vape experience?), it's hard to narrow the prospects down.

11. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

Vaporizers in that price range generally require some effort to master the technique, so factor that in.

KeroZen likes this.
  12. KeroZen

Well, that's why I recommended the FlowerMate, as it's really the most idiot-proof of all the vapes I have. There's nothing to explain, you can have complete noobs use it in seconds: hold them the device, they will say "do I have to push a button?" and you just answer "no, just draw and hold your hit".

I do have the Firewood 2.1 and would never recommend it to a noob! Hell, I don't even try to pass it around to my friends anymore as I know they are likely to fail and it takes too long to explain all the variables/parameters... (from what I gathered it's the same or worse with the MFLB)

13. Edward Hyde

Edward Hyde Well-Known Member

give something more and get a solo...nothing can compare to a solo...

Mr. Gweilo 420 and KeroZen like this.
  14. KeroZen

@Edward Hyde : some people don't get along with glass stems very well though... And the Solo is not the most pocketable of all, but I agree that for just a little more above the OP's budget, it's definitely a vape to consider (and I believe the de-facto recommendation on FC in 2014!)

Edward Hyde likes this.
  15. Submisfit

Submisfit Well-Known Member

Cheap right now too https://www.massdrop.com/buy/flowermate-vapormax-v

16. cheaptoad

cheaptoad New Member

So, after some more research and your input I've decided I do not need a pen style vape. A portable would do just fine. I'm saying portable only because it may be used only a few times per week and the person I'm buying this for has never used one before. If your recommendations change now I'd love to hear them.

17. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Those are not good reasons to get a portable. What ARE good reasons to get a portable is that they are going to use it when they are out and about or they don't want to be tethered to an AC cord when using at home.

So............with the above taken into consideration, at around 100 dollars, I would give very serious consideration to the Vapolution 2.0 which I believe is one of the, if not THE best value in the vape market today. If I only had a 100 bucks to get a vape that I was going to be using at home, this is the one that I'd buy.

max, paytonpenn, KeroZen and 3 others like this.
  18. cheaptoad

cheaptoad New Member

It will be used at home, but, all over the home. Backyard, basement, kitchen, living room, etc... That's the main reason I thought portable. Right now, I'm leaning toward the Solo. I've seen it for about $130

Mr. Gweilo 420 likes this.
  19. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

For an untethered vape to be used at home, the Solo would be a great choice.

chimpybits and Mr. Gweilo 420 like this.
  20. cheaptoad

cheaptoad New Member

Well, thanx for all the input. You guys helped a lot.

21. SpaceCoyote

SpaceCoyote Well-Known Member

I recently learned that my dad is using MMJ for his back pain, but with a crappy little combustion pipe. I'm gonna make him a little gift set with a hand carved Vaporgenie, nice lighter, and inexpensive grinder. Should come out around $100.
    I think he will like the classic wooden pipe look, and be amazed at how long his meds last!

MinnBobber, RUDE BOY and Ratchett like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors