Looking for a stronger vape than the Air II

ginolicious

Couldn’t comment on the Splinter. I know nothing about box mods. You will want a good box mod that will last and is reputable. I deal with companies that have a long standing track record.

You should also look at the Dynavap or a Sticky Brick. Both butane powered. Little bit of a learning curve as well. Can scorch your erb for sure with improper heating technique. But same can be said about the Milana.

sandcrow64

You should also look at the Dynavap or a Sticky Brick. Both butane powered. Little bit of a learning curve as well. Can scorch your erb for sure with improper heating technique. But same can be said about the Milana.
Yeah already got a Vapcap M 18 to which I added an XL-S mouthpiece since I had a hard time spinning it. Might just end up getting an induction heater for it since it basically gives me the hits I want but I really have a love hate relationship with the whole spinning process.

It would probably end up being cheaper than an entirely new vape. I think VAS was just kicking. I wanted to build it myself but I'm completely lost there. I'll need to look more into it.

sandcrow64,
Reactions: arb

ZC

Lil' Bud and Milaana would both suite your needs very well.

Don't be intimidated by the manual aspect. It's really easy and natural, you'll just need to take it easy your first few sessions as you get used to it, but it's one button and you get good feedback so it becomes very natural. These types of vapes are extremely versatile since you can get super tasty whispy hits or lung-busting monster hits or anything in-between, all with one button. And since they use standard 18mm glass connections there are a TON of stem options.

ZC,

little maggie

I'd recommend the tubo over the milaana. It's nice to have control over the temp. I have the original evic and have had no problems with hot spots. But I also microdose so hotspots are unlikely anyway. Second choice would be the Fury 2. The advantage of the tubo is that the battery can be changed instead of waiting to recharge the Fury 2.

Really the only advantage of some of the ones being recommended like milaana, lil bud, MVT is that the tubo is a bit bigger. It fits into my pocket but is definitely not stealthy.

little maggie,

sandcrow64

I'd recommend the tubo over the milaana. It's nice to have control over the temp. I have the original evic and have had no problems with hot spots. But I also microdose so hotspots are unlikely anyway. Second choice would be the Fury 2. The advantage of the tubo is that the battery can be changed instead of waiting to recharge the Fury 2.

Really the only advantage of some of the ones being recommended like milaana, lil bud, MVT is that the tubo is a bit bigger. It fits into my pocket but is definitely not stealthy.
If I end up going with a tubo, which one should I get? Taking into consideration that I don't have any box mod/box mod experience the regular Evic could be the easiest choice. Is there any real advantages to get the TuboX over the Evic?

sandcrow64,

little maggie

If I end up going with a tubo, which one should I get? Taking into consideration that I don't have any box mod/box mod experience the regular Evic could be the easiest choice. Is there any real advantages to get the TuboX over the Evic?

I think the evic is a better way to start with a box mod than the TuboX. Although I don't have the latter I have the splinter and having experience with my evic helped me make sense of a box mod. I still prefer the evic over even the splinter because FJ has put in the most effective settings. You can change them if you want and he will tell you how but I've always just downloaded whatever his newest software is and not made any other adjustments and I love the way it works and how simple it is.

I see you asked about the Milaana and Splinter. Others may have a different experience but I think the splinter is stronger than the Milaana. On the other hand, since I still haven't mastered box mods- other than the tubo which has nothing to master- I use the Milaana or really the Zion over the Splinter. I'm getting an iheat so will see how that works.

Last edited:

sandcrow64

I think the evic is a better way to start with a box mod than the TuboX. Although I don't have the latter I have the splinter and having experience with my evic helped me make sense of a box mod. I still prefer the evic over even the splinter because FJ has put in the most effective settings. You can change them if you want and he will tell you how but I've always just downloaded whatever his newest software is and not made any other adjustments and I love the way it works and how simple it is.
Thanks that really helps narrow it down. While I wait for the next drop I'll keep an eye out on the Fierce. Who knows, might be a good match. But, I think I'll end up going with the Tubo anyway. Since the beginning I was slightly biased towards it lol. Do we have any idea when the next Tubo drop will be?

little maggie

Thanks that really helps narrow it down. While I wait for the next drop I'll keep an eye out on the Fierce. Who knows, might be a good match. But, I think I'll end up going with the Tubo anyway. Since the beginning I was slightly biased towards it lol. Do we have any idea when the next Tubo drop will be?
Try contacting Ralph. It took him a while to catch up on all the purchases from the sale but that's over now.

little maggie,

Greenleaf88

Hey guys relatively new to vapping, but am in love started about 6 months ago. I have spent the money for my vapes I have a volcano, the Dynavap m, and a DaVinci iq I love them all but I was looking for some direction into a full convection portable and I saw some things I looked into the fierce looked amazing but no mention of replaceable batteries.any guidance would be much appreciated thx. And I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

Greenleaf88,

sickmanfraud

The TUBOx is ideal for folks who vape through water. Using a TUBOx connected to a box mod means that the only weight you need to balance on your water piece is the heater and your Gong. Then, using cruise you can sit back and relax.

Think about balancing a 3-4 battery box mod on top of a water piece. An accident waiting to happen.

The Fierce has a replaceable battery.

sickmanfraud,

sandcrow64

The TUBOx is ideal for folks who vape through water. Using a TUBOx connected to a box mod means that the only weight you need to balance on your water piece is the heater and your Gong. Then, using cruise you can sit back and relax.
Yeah I'm planning on getting the Tubo Evic. I'm not vaping through water at all since I've yet to get a rig and I'm not planning on getting one soon.

Also, just saw the first details about the Fierce from 420vapezone and it's not exactly what I expected so far. Thought it would be full convection but it seems like it's still an hybrid. Still interested to see where it'll go but I'm more confident on getting a Tubo now.

sandcrow64,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Troy made it sound like the vapor quality of the Fierce was nearly identical to the Fury 2. I'm kinda bummed by that even though my Fury 2 gets plenty of use. I'm starting to wonder if the Fierce would bump my Solo II.

@sandcrow64 I'd definitely order an induction heater from Pipes if I were you. My vapcaps get way more use now and I'd swear I'm getting more draws per load compared to my triple torches.

I'm still not getting big clouds from my Splinter. I'm sure it's my fault for not knowing how to fiddle with the settings. The Tubo X is more consistent so far because of the firmware from Ralph.

Top Bottom