Looking for a stronger vape than the Air II

sandcrow64

I've had my Air II for a little while (maybe six months) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The thing is, after recently getting a Vapcap, the Air just seems underwhelming to me. I usually vape around 200°C but I don't know the hits feels much lighter/less potent and I feel like I get less high with the same amount in the Air than in the Vapcap.

Having a pretty low tolerance, the Air still gets the job done no problem, it just take much longer. I feel like it's not as efficient as the Vapcap and, I must admit, VAS is kicking in at that point. I know the Vapcap is a very efficient vaporizer and I don't necessarily expect to get an electric vape as efficient but I'd like something that packs more of a punch than the Air II.

So I've been thinking about getting a full convection vape to avoid having two vape doing pretty much the exact same thing. Something like a Milaana or a Tubo seems like a good fit since I'm looking for a more efficient/"powerful" vape. I don't know how to feel about the Milaana being unregulated and I'm not really digging the sidecar design of the Tubo (though I'm sure you get used to it).

Removable battery is really a must for me too. I also heard about the Splinter or the Stempod that could be interesting, but I'm really not familiar with them/with mods. I know I'll need to do some more digging before making a decision.

Taking that into consideration, what vaporizer would you recommend? Or should I just stick by my Air II?

TL;DR : Air II feels underwhelming compared to vapcap. Looking to get full convection vape like Milaana or Tubo. Open to other suggestions.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Milaana is a heavy hitting portable. I have one and I really like it. A bit of a learning curve because it’s self regulating. You push a button to regulate the temp. It’s as heavy hitting as many plug in style units. It’s too bad you can’t try one out, most of the time that’s a hard thing to do. I have a Solo 2 and it’s harder hitting than that unit. I personally like the Solo 2. A hard hitter isn’t something I’m always looking for. Connivence is important as well and personal preference.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: arb

sandcrow64

I understand that the Solo 2 heats up faster and has a better battery life than the Air 2 but how can it hit harder? Isn't it basically the same heater/draw resistance/heating system? I guess it would be because the heater can keep up better on a long draw...

Anyway, I didn't mean to blast the Air/Solo line at all. I know they're great devices and I know that the Solo is well regarded and, for some, is considered in the same league as the Mighty. But to me they (at least in the case of the Air can't really talk about the Solo) seems to be pretty slow in terms of extraction speed.

I'm also looking for a full convection unit instead of hybrid to see what it's like. From what I read, convection seems to be the way to go.

About the Milaana, the fact that it's an unregulated device is what scares me, hence why I'm mostly looking at the Tubo right now. It seems to be, from what I understand, as low maintenance as the Air. You don't have to worry about temperature just set it and you're good. Also heat up time is way better since you seems to be able to use it on-demand.

It's like I said earlier, the Air 2 gets the job done and I really like it. I'm just looking for something not necessarily better but different, or at least better for me (if that makes any sense).

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have a Tubo X and I'm still learning how best to use it so I'm getting hot spots or a bit of scorching at times. Warm Up and Cruise modes work best for me at my current level of ignorance. The draw resistance is nonexistent which is also something to get used to.

My Solo II never disappoints. It's become a veteran off the bench of late: helping me understand and appreciate more recent additions by comparison and contrast.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I think that sometimes it is less about the device than what you put in it. My two favourite strains currently are Bruce banner and Platinum Girl Scout Cookies which I hit in my solo ll at 338* making for stellar results.

ginolicious

I would try a convection based vape. There are several out on the market and they truly pack a nice punch. Offer a different high than conduction I have noticed. Lately I have been enjoying the convection based vapes.

sandcrow64

I have a Tubo X and I'm still learning how best to use it so I'm getting hot spots or a bit of scorching at times. Warm Up and Cruise modes work best for me at my current level of ignorance. The draw resistance is nonexistent which is also something to get used to.

My Solo II never disappoints. It's become a veteran off the bench of late: helping me understand and appreciate more recent additions by comparison and contrast.

I thought about the Tubo X but I wasn't sure if having a box mod just connected to it was inconvenient. I mean, having two separate "item" connected with a single cable compared to the sidecar design. What I like about the X though is that, from what I understand, you can get a box mod with a better battery life.

I would try a convection based vape. There are several out on the market and they truly pack a nice punch. Offer a different high than conduction I have noticed. Lately I have been enjoying the convection based vapes.

Is there any convection vape in particular you'd recommend? I've mostly looked into the Tubo Evic and the Milaana but I know there's plenty more convection vape out there.

sandcrow64,

ginolicious

Well you have the Ghost but that seems to be having a bit of issues. You have the Haze Square which is an amazing vape. I’ve owned it for about a month now. My daily driver. Been using it daily. Really enjoy the unit.

sandcrow64

Well you have the Ghost but that seems to be having a bit of issues. You have the Haze Square which is an amazing vape. I’ve owned it for about a month now. My daily driver. Been using it daily. Really enjoy the unit.

I heard there was a lot of issues with the Square (at least at launch there was). Did they fix pretty much every issues? Because, I've looked into it before but the launch seemed like such a fiasco I decided to just hold back for a while on that device.

sandcrow64,

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have a air 2 a solo 2 and a new solo.......the air 2 is definitely a weaker producer.
Same draw resistance just way less vapor from the air 2.
My screen stopped working and I sent it in so it could have just been that unit I will know more when the replacement arrives.

ginolicious

Not many issues reported now.

First phase had a seal issue. That’s been resolved. I was apart of a pre order phase 2 and haven’t had any issues. Just need to grind your material fine, fill the pods up fully and you will be good. Coils need to be replaced after so much use and they are dirt cheap and easy to replace. Need to make sure your unit is clean as well. Can’t let this one get filthy. If you do performance lacks. They just released the app for Mac to change temperatures. Windows app has been out for some time. When vaping from a cold unit need to let the coil coil down on he initial heat up. Reason being the coil goes to 800 degrees off the hop to get that quick heat time and then cools down. On a first heat up wait a couple seconds after the light goes green to take your draw.

sandcrow64

It's good to know that the Square is in a good place now. I'll consider it for sure now. I don't tend to use that much in a day though so the four bowl seems more like a gimmick to me but I understand that for others it's a godsend. I might prefer easily removable batteries since I often forget to charge my vape but I'm sure I could just get used to it.

I'll probably wait for some reviews about the Stempod to drop anyway before making a decision since I think it might be a good fit also. So far, the Tubo is the most interesting vape to me. I don't know exactly how I feel about it being basically an artisanal vape but hey if it works. I might end up debating between the TuboX or the Stempod so far. I know I still need to do further research beforehand though.

checkout the Fury 2

:2c:

I don't know about the Fury 2. I heard good things about it but, correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't have a removable battery right? Because removable battery is a must have to me.

sandcrow64,

ginolicious

Want a removable battery take a look at a Haze Dual V3 now that thing packs a punch. Checks all your boxes. No custom temperature settings though. Shatter through it is unreal. But it is a hydrbid vape.

sandcrow64

Want a removable battery take a look at a Haze Dual V3 now that thing packs a punch. Checks all your boxes. No custom temperature settings though. Shatter through it is unreal. But it is a hydrbid vape.
Yeah I looked into the V3 before but I'd really prefer to go with pure convection if possible to have as much variety in my collection. Though, it sure is an interesting device.
Fierce??????? couple more days.
Yeah definetly waiting for more details on that device. I'm not planning on getting the new vape in the upcoming days really since I'm waiting on details about the Stempod anyway (and if I wanted to go with a TuboX I'll have to wait for the next drop anyway). The Fierce might be a very interesting vape from what I understand.

sandcrow64

Fury2 does not have replaceable battery but the fierce does.
Yeah exactly the Fierce might be exactly what I'm looking for. Would've like on demand but having a 3min session with a heating time of around 30sec seems close enough to me. Definitely interested in this one. Excited to hear more about it soon.

sandcrow64,

ginolicious

You should look at the Milana as well. On demand convection is unreal. I love it. It’s a game changer. It’s like having a bong. Take a hit. Put it down for a an hour. Come back hit the same bowl. That’s why I love my Square. If your already have a session vape, you should look into a on demand convection. Just for the variety. Square does have user replaceable battery. I forgot to mention before. And the charging is quick man. 30 minutes for a full charge. After a bowl I charge and takes 5 minutes or so.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@steama I agree check out the fury 2.
@CarolKing you think the solo2 is a harder hitting vape then Mi? I was very disappointed in solo 2
No, the Solo 2 I’ve heard is heavier hitting the the Air 2. Sorry for the mixup. I like the convenience of the Solo 2 but the Mi is a heavier hitter. I don’t a have problem with the Solo 2. Having a heavy hitter isn’t always what I want.

sandcrow64

You should look at the Milana as well. On demand convection is unreal. I love it. It’s a game changer. It’s like having a bong. Take a hit. Put it down for a an hour. Come back hit the same bowl. That’s why I love my Square. If your already have a session vape, you should look into a on demand convection. Just for the variety. Square does have user replaceable battery. I forgot to mention before. And the charging is quick man. 30 minutes for a full charge. After a bowl I charge and takes 5 minutes or so.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I really prefer the shape/size of the Milaana compared to the Tubo. The only thing is, I'm worried about the Milaana being unregulated (worried about my lack of skills not the device itself) and everywhere I looked here (in Canada) they seems to be out of stock. I thought about the Tubo since, from what I heard, it's basically a regulated Milaana.

From there, I'm swaying more towards the TuboX since I like being able to replace the box mod if needed but I don't know sh*t about box mods. But, thinking about the TuboX, makes me think about the Splinter (which seems to be out of stock also) or the Stempod since in the end they're all 510 mod.

What worries me the most about the Tubo is that, if anything happens and I need to send it on warranty, I'll need to send it to Switzerland (if I understood correctly). So with all the possible shipping/duty charges... I don't know if I want to sign up for that.

sandcrow64

Milana may take some technique. How long to hold the button. How long to draw for. After a few bowls you’ll have that figured out.
That's actually good to know. Having it unregulated is intimidating but I like the idea of a more analog feeling vape.

What do you think about the Splinter? Seems to me like a regulated milaana. I'd just need to do some research on the box mod if I choose to go that way... But from what I understand, it's pretty much the same heater/quality materials as the Milaana.

sandcrow64,
Top Bottom