Looking For A Strong Edible For Long Train Trip To Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
FWIW my dispensary charges $15 for that same edible.

Wow, that's very cheap, and prices are low here. Any chance that price is for the QuadDose and not the Deca? Even at your price, 175mg for $15, is near 10mg/$1. Carol's edible would still be appropriately priced at 250mg/$25, all things being equal (which they may not).

syrupy,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
My jelly candies are being sold everywhere else for $15 to $18. I paid $25.

CarolKing,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Here is the thing. Effect from Smoking/vaping does not always = eating. Your body has to process this stuff through the stomach and liver before hitting your brain. That means a LOT of variables are put into the equation that aren't there when just inhaling the medicine. So you need to take into consideration (among other things):

[*]Type of medication used to make the edible (concentrate, canabutter, etc)
[*]When you last ate
[*]What you last ate

These three points are huge for potency. Cannabis that has been extracted into a lipid like coconut oil and taken an hour or so after a regular size meal that contains fat will greatly increase bio-availability to our lymphatic system and reduce first pass metabolism where your liver breaks down the cannbinoids into inactive compounds.

Oral Intake of a Cannabinoid Together with a Meal Improved Bioavailability
Researchers of Monash University in Victoria, Australia, investigated the reason why the oral bioavailability of a synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonist (CRA13) was significantly improved if taken together with a meal rich in fat. Oral bioavailability was assessed in human volunteers and in dogs with and without a meal. Food had a substantial positive effect on the oral bioavailability of CRA13 in human volunteers and in dogs. This cannabinoid is highly lipophilic (soluble in fat) as other cannabinoids including THC.

The absolute bioavailability of the cannabinoid was low in fasted dogs (8-20 per cent), in spite of good absorption (72-75 per cent of radio-labelled CRA13 recovered in the systemic circulation). In fed dogs, bioavailability increased to 47.5 per cent and the majority (43.7 per cent) of the dose was absorbed via the lymphatic system of the intestine. Researchers concluded that the positive food effect for CRA13 does not appear to result from increased absorption. Rather the increase in bioavailability was stimulated via almost complete transport into the lymph, in turn resulting in a reduction in first-pass metabolism. In fasted dogs most of the cannabinoid was metabolised, i.e. changed to inactive compounds, at once in the liver before reaching the whole body, while the liver was bypassed in fed animals.

(Source: Trevaskis NL, Shackleford DM, Charman WN, Edwards GA, Gardin A, Appel-Dingemanse S, Kretz O, Galli B, Porter CJ. Intestinal Lymphatic Transport Enhances the Post-Prandial Oral Bioavailability of a Novel Cannabinoid Receptor Agonist Via Avoidance of First-Pass Metabolism. Pharm Res. 2009 Mar 12.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19280324?dopt=Abstract

So the short of it is if you have for instance a long train trip to take and want to make sure your edible is most effective, go for preferably a strong canna oil dosed an hr or so after a meal high in fat content.

For best results :tup: : Canna coconut oil made from concentrate homogenized in soy lechitin for increased bio availability and more consistent dosage :D

Last edited:

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
That's probably why my two edibles didn't do anything. I took them on an empty stomach. That's what the dispensary staff suggested to me. -_-

Should have chugged some milk beforehand.

thisperson,

grokit

well-worn member
An empty stomach is a good strategy and should have worked, the staff was on the level.

grokit,

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
The absolute bioavailability of the cannabinoid was low in fasted dogs (8-20 per cent), in spite of good absorption (72-75 per cent of radio-labelled CRA13 recovered in the systemic circulation). In fed dogs, bioavailability increased to 47.5 per cent and the majority (43.7 per cent) of the dose was absorbed via the lymphatic system of the intestine...In fasted dogs most of the cannabinoid was metabolised, i.e. changed to inactive compounds, at once in the liver before reaching the whole body, while the liver was bypassed in fed animals.

This suggests otherwise. Apparently I took in 8-20 percent of the THC when fasting.

thisperson,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom