• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Looking For A Strong Edible For Long Train Trip To Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Hi, fellow FC members! I will be taking a long train ride from Chicago to Colorado this August. Amtrak obviously doesn't look kindly on smoking/vaping on their trains: If they catch you, the next stop will be yours! Fortunately, the friend I'm going to visit in CO has access to medical and has promised to send me something to help me survive such a long journey in coach. COACH...ugh! :ugh:

Since I have a pretty high tolerance, I'm looking for suggestions for a STRONG edible available in CO. I've tried the quad-dose cheeba chew and also a dixie elixir drink...both w/75mg of THC. I found both of them to be nowhere near what I need to medicate. I have Crohn's Disease, so the journey is going to be tough on my body. Any suggestions? Thanks!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Rather than eating an edible like that, have you considered capsules?

If you make a good tincture and dropper it into weed that has been ground and put into a capsule, it may do the trick. I know of several people who have used this method and swear by it. The high is stronger and lasts longer than edibles normally do, if your tincture and herb are of good quality.

Good luck finding something that will work for you.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Don't think I can recommend a brand, but my tolerance is higher than most. For a pronounced effect, I'll have 1/2 of an "experts only", which is 584mg per bar.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm seeing more shatter-based edibles lately, and those tend to be a bit stronger IME.

Last edited:

cawshook

Solod out.
Concentrates are your best friend in stealth situations. IMO
Now if it was me, I'd make both edibles and shatter at home and take them with me, with a portable vape and herbs just in case lol.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
If you see the KB peanut butter cookie brownie 4x dose. Run away from it. I tried this earlier today and it did not get me medicated.

I'm in So Cal so if you're here you might see them. The same goes for the Jolly Stoner hard candy double strength. After I saw that the brownie did nothing I took that and still felt nothing...

Sorry I don't have a bomb edible to recommend but figured I'd help you avoid these two pitfalls. :)

Edit: I see you said you're in Chicago.

Caligula

Maximus
My local MMJ club had a BOGO deal on edibles today. Picked up some of my favorites. I think any of these would do you well:

8E5quTF.jpg

bigmarv999

i would say the best way to insure they work is to make them yourself.
my best/worst(they were too strong) experiences with edibles, has been with homemade ones.
i also like to vape during my onset. i feel it helps
get an eighth and make some firecrackers and youll be good.

My local MMJ club had a BOGO deal on edibles today. Picked up some of my favorites. I think any of these would do you well:
how are those bhang bars? ive had the 180mg kiva bars 3 different times and they had a mild effect but nothing noteworthy imo other than the flavor but at the same time im a pretty big dude and have a high tolerance.
and info on those medicaps? never tried HGH but i saw one of my locals had their concentrates in stock yesterday.

Caligula

Maximus
@bigmarv999

HGH makes very legit concentrates. By all means pick some up without worry. Their shatter is bomb every time.

As for the med caps, they use a solvent free formulation called "Terpinol". It's the same stuff they use for their solvent free concentrate. From what I've read, they take their same top nug BHO and process it further to remove all residuals from the solvent, similar to The Clear. This allows them to obviously label it as solvent free as well as to ensure consistent potency (70mg THC and 5mg CBD per cap or something like that).

Oh and those 180mg Bhang Bars were $18... so basically $9 each with this sale. They also make a 50/50 THC/CBD bar.

bigmarv999

i will make sure to get some to try next time if they still have some in stock. whats the regular pricing on those medcaps? do you mind letting me know what dispensary you go to as im in so cal also. it seems like they are very legit based on some of your older posts that ive seen in the concentrates thread.

bigmarv999,
Reactions: CarolKing

Caligula

Maximus
i will make sure to get some to try next time if they still have some in stock. whats the regular pricing on those medcaps? do you mind letting me know what dispensary you go to as im in so cal also. it seems like they are very legit based on some of your older posts that ive seen in the concentrates thread.

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/california/central-san-diego/new-cannabis-republic-2

They deliver to all of SD county, Temecula, and they are branching out to Orange County/Irvine.

The HGH caps are $30 per bottle (3 caps) which I find a bit steep since I need two of the pills to get where i want, but with the BOGO sale it's a no Brainer. Of course if you don't mind dropping 30 bucks for a trip all 3 would do almost anyone rather well IMO. You just need to be sure to eat fatty stuff with it. They work much better with that to bind to the THC.

Caligula,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Wow! Thanks guys. I'll be leaving from Chicago by train July 3rd and getting to Colorado about 24 hours later. I got a great deal on a "roomette" from Amtrak so I'll have a little privacy. I just don't want to chance vaping on the train. If they catch you, the next stop is yours! :o

Caligula

Maximus
Wow! Thanks guys. I'll be leaving from Chicago by train July 3rd and getting to Colorado about 24 hours later. I got a great deal on a "roomette" from Amtrak so I'll have a little privacy. I just don't want to chance vaping on the train. If they catch you, the next stop is yours! :o

So just take a pen with you and do oil hits out the window. Shouldnt take more than a puff or two.

Caligula,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
So just take a pen with you and do oil hits out the window. Shouldnt take more than a puff or two.
I wish, Caligula! Here in Illinois we don't have access to that kind of stuff...YET. The 1st dispensaries won't open in Illinois until 2015. Besides, the windows don't open on Amtrak trains. Just don't want to take a chance. The friend I'm staying with in Colorado has full medical access. He's going to send me some edibles before my trip. I'm looking for something potent since I have a high tolerance. :evil:

Last edited:

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman

Hey I also am going on an amtrak ride this year. Do they search your gear like a plane? I certainly hope to bring some oil for the trip, even though my destination is also Colorado.

Patrick Hughes,
Reactions: Crohnie

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Hey I also am going on an amtrak ride this year. Do they search your gear like a plane? I certainly hope to bring some oil for the trip, even though my destination is also Colorado.
It depends on where you're leaving from. I travel on Amtrak from Chicago all the time. Occasionally TSA will make an appearance w/dogs. I've seen them do 1 random search of someone's luggage at the gate in my last 70 or so trips. The dogs are there looking for bombs, NOT cannabis. I've taken bud along with me on every single trip and never got the slightest attention from the dogs.

Also... there is no X-ray or metal detector or anything like that. As I said, bags are RARELY searched, but they apparently have the right to do so. BOO!
Now if you're leaving from a smaller station, none of this will apply and you're pretty much worry free. Just to be extra cautious: ALWAYS STASH YOUR BUD ON YOUR PERSON, not in any of your bags. They are allowed to search your bags but, unlike the airlines, not your PERSON.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
If you were in CA you could just order e-juice or oil from the goddess delivers and have it shipped to your door. Then just get an e-cig and vape as was suggested.

This thread made me appreciate my state some more. They permit everything and allow for next day delivery.

Good luck on getting the most potent edibles OP. May your trips be delicious. o/

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
As a fairly high tolerance patient and somewhat medible intolerant (metabolism/digestive :shrug: ) I have had the best luck with high dose concentrate edibles. I had a bubble hash one time that had an unmarked dosage. Iate the whole thing as that's what I always do with edibles under 10 doses... I was :whoa: for like 12 hrs and another 12 hr comedown.

Last edited:
Puffers,
Reactions: mlo4sho

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I bought these. I didn't know how much these cost everywhere else. They should be priced around $15-$18. As you see I paid $25. A big mistake, I've tried 2 every hour until I had six, I didn't notice anything. They are 10mg THC a piece. You get a total of $25 for that price, a dollar a piece. The bud tender didn't tape my wax container down and I had that spilled all inside my bag.

I won't be going back to that dispensary. I got some fudge with melatonin and RSO oil and it knock ed me out like a light. It was craft kitchen made, not a national brand. It's for night time use.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

CarolKing

You would eat 10 to get 100mg depending on the person, I'm going slow. I've overdone it before, not fun. I'm just trying to figure a dose for at night before I go to bed 6 wasn't enough.

The bud tender thought this would be a good way to measure and figure out. He charged me way too much, buyer beware.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: syrupy

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
You would eat 10 to get 100mg depending on the person, I'm going slow. I've overdone it before, not fun. I'm just trying to figure a dose for at night before I go to bed 6 wasn't enough.

The bud tender thought this would be a good way to measure and figure out. He charged me way too much, buyer beware.

It sounds like the tender was onto something. At 25 doses in that bag, it gives you a few night's attempts at getting the dose correct, and to me looks easier to than trying to split up a cookie or bar. I know it feels wasteful at first to under-medicate a few times, but like you said, over-medicating is even less fun. :(

You do touch upon something that's kept me from going full-on into edibles--the incredible amount of variation in potency from vendor to vendor.

Are you sure that you were overcharged? As a comparison, one place here in CA I use sells the CheebaChews DecaDose for $25, and that says 175mg thc (though it tests more like 200mg), Your 25 dose candy says 250mg at the same price as the DecaDose. I'd bet your serving size was too low. I would guess something closer to 10-12 would be more appropriate at night. Around 150 or so is my sweet spot, at least for the CC product.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Probably if you were a seasoned cannabis user then if you start out at possibly 100 mg? Do you think that would be about right?

It would depend on a lot of variables I know, but maybe 100 would be a good starting off point. Just putting that out there. I'm just trying to get the mg right,at this point. At least going with a national medical mmj brand it's easier to dose. There aren't too many brands out there yet. The field is growing.

CarolKing,

Caligula

Maximus
Here is the thing. Effect from Smoking/vaping does not always = eating. Your body has to process this stuff through the stomach and liver before hitting your brain. That means a LOT of variables are put into the equation that aren't there when just inhaling the medicine. So you need to take into consideration (among other things):

• Potency of the edible
  • Type of medication used to make the edible (concentrate, canabutter, etc)
  • When you last ate
  • What you last ate
  • Your individual metabolism
  • Your organs ability to process THC when consumed orally
That last one is the kicker. I know people who can smoke and dab all night but will get knocked out by edibles. I on the other hand have a pretty strong tolerance to both.

Your results may (and will) differ.

So to answer your question, for ME, yes I would eat all 100mg worth. As a rule of thumb I usually eat half of whatever I have (unless I'm familiar with it already or its a small dose like those .25g ice wax fruit rollups I posted earlier) then wait 45 min to see if I should eat the other half.

Also IMO edibles aren't to get completely pilted with. They are (for me) a way to maintain a good dose level over a long period of time.

You may want to try sublingual edibles next time. These are absorbed through membranes under your tongue and between your gums and cheeks. Effect is much quicker @ about 15 minutes so it's easier to judge dosing. It also completely bypasses the stomach and liver.

See if you can find some CanaCrystals from Full Flava Medibles if you're here in CA. They are like medicated pop rocks (without the fizz and pop) and melt in your mouth to medicate sublingually. Only downside is that it's like eating pure sugar. Think rock candy.

There are also medications that come in strips that dissolve on your tongue like those breath freshner strip things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom