Looking for a new portable, helppp

420democrat

There are tons of portable vapes it seems and I want some help making a decision. I currently use a mflb with pa for all vaping needs (my log vape purchase is delayed) At work I feel my mflb is not discreet enough. And doesn't get me where I hear other vapes potentially could. My boss is OK with blaze on job sites but will not allow my mflb ... so stealth is priority one on my portable, Not smell but appearance. Speed is very important and ease of use ... For example if I could pull it out get a few good hits quick and easy without playing with it you know. Battery duration, I'd like it to last my whole day until I get home Atleast 6 hours. I'd like it to be durable as I work in construction and I'm always out doors. It would be nice if it was good at saving herb but asking for all that is too much to ask for lol. I'm looking at the davinci ascent, pax ploom, and the indica vape has my full attention ( looks awesome) so any suggestions? First hand experiences with some of mentioned vapes?

420democrat,

EveryDayAmnesiac

How much herb does it take you to get through the day? How many times a day do you like to "pull it out" ?

EveryDayAmnesiac,

420democrat

With my mflb I clear 4-6 trenches a day, I use the pa and plug into the work van.

420democrat,

EveryDayAmnesiac

Seems like the Indica, in theory, would be perfect for you.

The Pax would probably work okay, but I've never used one. With the large oven and decent battery life, it might do the trick though.

I have an Ascent and it's not one that I'd say you can "whip out" and use quick. I mean, it warms up very fast and, I think, it's easy to use, but it also stays warm quite a while after you turn it off, so it would depend on how much time you have for your session, I suppose. I try to open the trench and let it cool off / air out a minute or two before I put it away.

Also, IMO, it smells more than almost any other portable I've used, both in use and when not, second only to my MFLB which I didn't use properly and allowed to get covered in goo below the trench. :ko:

But if that doesn't matter, it's got a nice big bowl and good battery life and can be used in a somewhat stealthy manner, other than the smell, IME. But FC members are still having warranty issues semi-regularly with it. I think it's still a bit of a gamble.

I would probably just roll the dice and try the Indica. :)

EveryDayAmnesiac,

420democrat

Ty for your input, the indica is Def what I'm leaning towards. The pax worries me because what I've read on the pax thread is cleaning between packs is huge. .. I don't want to spend alot of time during the day cleaning although I clean all my stuff when I get home anyways. Ha I must be using my mflb wrong too , it stinks so bad.
I've been watching the indica thread all day want to see what some others experience

420democrat,

EveryDayAmnesiac

From what I understand, the PAX works quite well if you clean it properly, and I don't think it needs to even be every day, but I hear what you're saying. I still find it to be too finicky at this point for me. I'll wait for a 2.0, maybe.

The MFLB material needs to be BONE DRY, and I didn't think much about that until it was too late. That resin underneath can be cleaned, apparently, but I never cared to bother.

I too am keeping an eye on that Indica thread. I don't need it, but it seems like it might really be perfect for a variety of situations...

EveryDayAmnesiac,

420democrat

I see you raving about your firefly in other threads would it not fit my situation? And my mflb is Def covered in resin too lol. The indica just screams badass I bet tons of us are watching that thread

420democrat,

EveryDayAmnesiac

As much as I adore my Firefly, it doesn't sound right at all, unless I misunderstand.

I mean, if you're going through 4-6 full trenches on an MFLB, then to get that amount's worth through the FF, you're going to need to bring extra batts around. And when you're using it, it's really obvious. You CAN use the "overhand" method, but I find it awkward and still ultimately just as obvious. It's also one of the larger of the latest generation of portables and also one of the heaviest.

Now, if you're always going to be in your van, then with just an extra battery you can very quickly blow through a decent amount. But you could also buy a Lotus to do the same thing with that kind of privacy and not need to worry about batteries. But you'd have to be okay with the torch.

I've used an FF as an on-the-go portable, but only when I've had plenty of access to outlets all day and when I knew I'd have plenty of private moments to toke away. It worked quite well, but was not my ideal. Now I feel it's just easier to use my Ascent on-the-go, as I've deemed it "expendable."

For my money, the FF shines brightest as a portable home vaporizer.

Also, keep an eye on the Grasshopper thread. That's the one I'm truly hopeful for.

Last edited:
EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: Connor24
Top Bottom