Looking for a mobile vape

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
Hi,

I need a new mobile vaporizer.
My current candidates are Pax 3, Davinci IQ, Ghost MV 1 and ArGo. However, I don't think any of them covers my preferences.

My preferences (sorted top important first):
1. Healthy as much as possible (isolated glass airpath if possible) - most important. I prefer to avoid plastic in the airpath and I've heard that the ceramic parts could emit lead.
2. Easy air draw (Unlike the Arizer Solo which drawing of air is quite constricted)
3. Mobile.
4. Prefer convection over conduction.
5. Prefer a device without bluetooth or with bluetooth functionality that can be disabled.

Thanks guys

Summer

Long Island, NY

Vaporware

I don’t think any of those fits all of your requirements/preferences either.

It sounds like you might like an unregulated convection device like the Nomad, MVT, Li’l Bud, Milaana, etc. - *if* you’re comfortable holding down a button and judging when to let it go to get the vapor you want and avoid combustion rather than setting something to a sub-combustion temp and just hitting it without a second thought like you do with most electronic vaporizers.

Most unregulated users learn how to use them pretty easily though, and then they can be just as easy - or potentially even easier to get the results you want from.

The ones I mentioned above all have metal heaters, but otherwise glass and/or wood airpaths.

The Tubo is a regulated option with a bit more bulky design that also fits fairly well...I’m just not sure what “mobile” is in your book; easily pocketable, good for putting in a backpack and carrying, etc. Same with the Splinter, iHeat, Imp, Glow, etc. which all work on mod boxes.

I’m pretty sure the Nomad’s the smallest of these, but also probably has the longest waiting list right now. Still well worth checking out if unregulated stuff interets you!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
First of all what are you currently using for a portable vaporizer?

If you want glass the only thing that comes to mind is the 7th Floor Elev8r which will require a torch. This fits all of your critiera, though I have a feeling you are looking for something battery powered; however if safety is truly a concern, something with no electronics in the vapor path should be more appealing than a turn off.

Ultimately you're gonna have to choose between a really safe vapor path, or portability. IMO all portable dry herb vapes involve sacrifices for portability, to me flower is better reserved for plugin desktops. Honestly I don't see much appeal for portable flower vapes these days when anybody in the world can press rosin. It's so much more discrete and easy to use on the go than dried herb, and portable devices are much more efficient at vaporizing concentrates than flower.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I second the recommendation for a Fury 2 if you want super portable or Fierce if you want bigger chamber sizes, swappable batteries, USB c charging, and an adjustable session timer.

I have ten vapes and have sold a few others and my favorites for flavor, vapor quality, efficiency, and cloud production are my Splinters. However, they're not super portable and use ground glass joints that make them fragile for out and about.

If you're new to vaping and have a more modest budget then you should probably start with a Fury 2 or Fierce. You'll get folks recommending a VapCap next and that's also a fine choice but heating a vape up with a torch for each hit isn't for everyone and the vapor is decidedly toasty. Dynavap has a preorder sale on their most affordable and newly updated vapcap M that is a terrific value for $56 and that's what all the VapCap fans will recommend (I preordered one yesterday).

Don't fuck with Arizer vapes at all since you dislike tight draw resistance. I do too and I gave my Solo II away after getting a Fierce.

One extra bit of info about the Fury 2 and Fierce: they do have a stainless steel chamber and silicone in the airpath when using the black mouthpiece, however they both offer unique versatility with optional glass accessories that make the air path all glass like an Arizer vape that can transform into a pocket vape as needed. While I prefer the exquisite on demand convection hits from my Splinters (do get on that train sooner rather than later) the HealthyRips vapes retain a spot in the rotation for their portability and versatility.

Top Bottom