1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Looking for a good oil pen

Discussion in 'ABV' started by Frederick McGuire, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

Hey guys, yet another ask fc threa asking about oil pens ;)

I have an omicron (I believe it's a v1.1 - which they modified and turned Into the OPHOS or something? It was using the stock cart, which I believe is 2.4v?) and I recently loaned it to a friend.

He likes it, and wants to get something similar for himself.

I really haven't kept up to date with oil pens, I've been happy with my omicron...

So basically, he likes how the omicron works, he wants something:
    -stealth
    -pre loaded (as in, not load per dab, but pre load and you're good to go for a while, not pre loaded as in buying pre loaded carts)
    -uses pure oil, nothing diluted with PG or VG or anything
    -can be loaded with less than an omicron cart (oil is pretty expensive here, and having to load a whole gram is a bit much for him, so I'm thinking something like 1/2 a gram would be a good load amount.)

I told him the only one I knew of off the top of my head would be the omicron 2.0...

Is there anything better out there, or should I tell him to go with the omicron?

Cheers guys :)

2. canj00digit?

canj00digit? All my days in a daze...

Fellow Oz dweller @herbivore21 will have some good advice and might also be able to help your friend out :)

3. syrupy

syrupy fumed

I used those omicron-style 2.4ohm carts for a long while with a Persei. They work well for stable waxes and shatters. I used to load 1/2g at a time in them, and add 1/4g once it's half gone.

A couple other options along what you are thinking is the Omicron Lite, which is I think half the cost of the Omi 2.x. The truly thrifty get cheap ego batteries and thread connectors and use the omicron carts with those. But getting a Lite or Ophos is a pretty good price at around $50 for getting into vaping.

Frederick McGuire likes this.
  4. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

Cheers guys, I'm PMing @herbivore21 now, looks like my buddy is gonna be getting an Omicron light and a persei :tup:

syrupy and Caligula like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors