Looking for a good oil pen

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Hey guys, yet another ask fc threa asking about oil pens ;)

I have an omicron (I believe it's a v1.1 - which they modified and turned Into the OPHOS or something? It was using the stock cart, which I believe is 2.4v?) and I recently loaned it to a friend.

He likes it, and wants to get something similar for himself.

I really haven't kept up to date with oil pens, I've been happy with my omicron...

So basically, he likes how the omicron works, he wants something:
-stealth
-pre loaded (as in, not load per dab, but pre load and you're good to go for a while, not pre loaded as in buying pre loaded carts)
-uses pure oil, nothing diluted with PG or VG or anything
-can be loaded with less than an omicron cart (oil is pretty expensive here, and having to load a whole gram is a bit much for him, so I'm thinking something like 1/2 a gram would be a good load amount.)

I told him the only one I knew of off the top of my head would be the omicron 2.0...

Is there anything better out there, or should I tell him to go with the omicron?

Cheers guys :)

Frederick McGuire,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Hey guys, yet another ask fc threa asking about oil pens ;)

I have an omicron (I believe it's a v1.1 - which they modified and turned Into the OPHOS or something? It was using the stock cart, which I believe is 2.4v?) and I recently loaned it to a friend.

He likes it, and wants to get something similar for himself.

I really haven't kept up to date with oil pens, I've been happy with my omicron...

So basically, he likes how the omicron works, he wants something:
-stealth
-pre loaded (as in, not load per dab, but pre load and you're good to go for a while, not pre loaded as in buying pre loaded carts)
-uses pure oil, nothing diluted with PG or VG or anything
-can be loaded with less than an omicron cart (oil is pretty expensive here, and having to load a whole gram is a bit much for him, so I'm thinking something like 1/2 a gram would be a good load amount.)

I told him the only one I knew of off the top of my head would be the omicron 2.0...

Is there anything better out there, or should I tell him to go with the omicron?

Cheers guys :)

I used those omicron-style 2.4ohm carts for a long while with a Persei. They work well for stable waxes and shatters. I used to load 1/2g at a time in them, and add 1/4g once it's half gone.

A couple other options along what you are thinking is the Omicron Lite, which is I think half the cost of the Omi 2.x. The truly thrifty get cheap ego batteries and thread connectors and use the omicron carts with those. But getting a Lite or Ophos is a pretty good price at around $50 for getting into vaping.

Top Bottom