• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Looking for a glass bong for Vapolution 2.0

alex314

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy my very first glass bong, please would you give me some advice?

It will be used with a Vapolution 2.0 or a VaporStar, let me tell you about what I'm looking for:

- It should be durable, good quality glass
- It should allow water filtration
- It should have an ice chamber
- I plan to also buy a diffuser
- Price should be less than us$ 200

Then, as I don't have experience with bongs, this are the things that I don't know about and would like to learn from your experience:

- Size: 100ml, 250ml, bigger? (I don't like overly big, coughing hits.)
- Straight or bend neck?
- Cylindrical or with a ball in the base?

alex314,

treecityrnd

Bubbler for EQ
EHLE 100ml question
Log Vape Glass Suggestions

Read and you shall see ;)
or maybe post over here next time Glass for best results.

Good luck. I'm in the market for new glass myself. I've got a 12" (250mL) SYN with ice pinches that I love. It was cheap (around $150 for everything including the L.Wilson downstem) and the small volume works best with vapor. Not bent, but maybe a starting point for price and comparison. EHLE and HVY are also great IMO.

treecityrnd,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
+1 for the 250ml/12" tube size.

Where in the world are you located Alex? This matters somewhat for ease of availability.

OhTheAgony,

alex314

Thank you guys for your replies, I'm located at South America.

I did look around and it seems that the 100ml and 250ml ice pinched Ehle are out of stock everywhere :(

I also serched for "250ml syn" and didn't found anything :|

alex314,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Uhm, I think I leave the recommendations to the ones that are familiar around those parts then.

I personally prefer them without ice pinches btw. It's easier to clean it that way, & you don't need pinches to drop in some ice ime.

OhTheAgony,

alex314

Uhm, I missed the cleaning aspect of the ice pinches, sounds like you are right about that...

alex314,

alex314

Well, I think I'm going to try the 100ml + diffuser from Ehle, seems to be a safe bet for a starter setup.

I'll take the OhTheAgony advice about the ice pinches making the bong hard to clean and will take a straight cylinder.

Please, let me ask 2 more questions:

1) Should I ask for a carb hole or not?

2) I'm still not sure how I'm going to connect the Vapolution whip to the diffuser, I don't even know the name of such adptor :/ This is the duffuser I'm planing to buy.

alex314,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
With that piece, you'll need a 14mm male adapter like this one.

Just make sure the adapter is the same size as your glass joint (should be either 14.4 mm or 18.8mm).

edit: I would stay away from carbs, but they may be hard to find on GonG joint pieces anyway.
:peace:

Stu,

alex314

Thank you for that link Stu :)

The 100ml Ehle is available with or without a carb, as I stated before I have almost no experience with glass pieces so it would be a great help for me if someone can give me some light about the pros and cons of the carb hole.

alex314,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Funny, I imagined others would have come up with reasons that speak in favor of ice-notches by now.

Everyone must still be in church I guess.

Not sure about the 100ml, but depending on where you order here in Europe you can request a carb or not on any other Ehle.

My first one (500ml) was with and my second one (250ml) is without. They can come in handy but they can be a pain as well. It depends on which vape you use it with and how you use it. If you plan on leaving the whip of you Vapolution in the bong then I would recommend a carb hole, if you plan on taking out the hose every time to clear the bong you won't need one.

I haven't need one of those adapters with any of the vapes I tried so far, but Stu's advice leads me to believe the Vapolution whip will be to thin to fit a 14,4mm GonG connection like my SSV tubing did.

Am I correct Stu, or are you just an adapter-snob like many on here? ;)

OhTheAgony,

treecityrnd

I'd say no carb for sure. I think it weakens the glass structure, especially in a larger tube-like piece. I don't even like carbs on my glass log vape stems.

treecityrnd,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
OhTheAgony said:
I haven't need one of those adapters with any of the vapes I tried so far, but Stu's advice leads me to believe the Vapolution whip will be to thin to fit a 14,4mm GonG connection like my SSV tubing did.

Am I correct Stu, or are you just an adapter-snob like many on here? ;)
I don't have any 14mm joint pieces, so I've never tried putting tubing directly into the stem. Having said that, it probably would work ok. But yes, I am an adapter snob (I enjoy pulling a perfectly sealed GonG adapter to clear my bub and popping it right back down for the next rip... easy peasy).

Stu,

alex314

Well, it seems that most of you agree on 'no carb hole' and 'no ice pinches', so I think that answers my question. Thank you a lot guys!

May I ask one last quick question (pleeease :lol:):

Will the diffuser that I'll buy allow me to use the VaporStar on it? At the VaporStar home page it says that "fits 14.5 mm fitting".

I know it's a dumb question, but remember that I have no idea about glasses... and lookin at the diffuser picture it's not clear to me that the VaporStar will fit inside it, or if I'm going to order an extra adaptor.

alex314,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
They both would appear to be standard 14mm size (sometimes listed as 14.4mm or 14.5mm, but they're all the same universal size) so you should be fine.

Stu,
Top Bottom