Looking for a downstem diffuser, from a US based site.

SmokingElectricity

I want to upgrade my standard bong to a ground glass connector with a diffuser downstem so i can use it with my DBV and the 7thfloor ground glass connector, when i search online all i see is overseas based companies. Nothing against them, but in this case i want it fast and getting glass shipped overseas makes me nervous. Anyone recommend a good US based site?

TY :ko:

SmokingElectricity,

SmokingElectricity

Thanks for the link bros :D

but now i have another question.

Im gonna assume that what i need is the SYN 3.5 inch diffuse stem. [link to site is down right now] Here is my dilemma. The bong i use now has a 12mm female piece [check pic] I believe this will work, but what about the seal. Will the seal i use now work with the new stem? If not, where or how should i come up with a new seal?

img20101104194000.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

2clicker

Observer
SmokingElectricity said:

Im gonna assume that what i need is the SYN 3.5 inch diffuse stem. [link to site is down right now] Here is my dilemma. The bong i use now has a 12mm female piece [check pic] I believe this will work, but what about the seal. Will the seal i use now work with the new stem? If not, where or how should i come up with a new seal?

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7501/img20101104194000.jpg

is that a ground glass joint?

if not youll need some sort of adapter

2clicker,

SmokingElectricity

2clicker said:
SmokingElectricity said:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7501/img20101104194000.jpg

is that a ground glass joint?

if not youll need some sort of adapter

no. it is a 12mm slide. which is why i need to upgrade to a 14 or 18mm ground glass downstem in order to use the 7thFloor adapter. i'm hoping something like this could work with my current tube. i'm just worried about the rubber gasket.
801-diffuser-stem-18.5mm---155mm.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

stinkmeaner

I would get the Alex K or the SYN shower-head downstem, they are both excellent from my experience. Another one would be the Sovereignty Gridded downstem, though I have not used one I would think it a safe bet considering there are no bad reviews of any of their products, none that I have seen anyways.

stinkmeaner,

stinkmeaner

No offense but that thing is like a Pinto versus a Ferrari in comparison to the ones I recommended. The showerhead down stem is going to have real diffusion versus just a chug. There is also no comparison to the Gong joint, that gasket is yesterdays forgotten technology, Ground glass joints are what they mainly use in a laboratory environment and for good reason.

stinkmeaner,

SmokingElectricity

stinkmeaner said:
No offense but that thing is like a Pinto versus a Ferrari in comparison to the ones I recommended. The showerhead down stem is going to have real diffusion versus just a chug. There is also no comparison to the Gong joint, that gasket is yesterdays forgotten technology, Ground glass joints are what they mainly use in a laboratory environment and for good reason.

exactly. i'm willing to spend the dough to get a quality stem, but would it fit my bong? also the gasket issue. i can't be the first one with this dilemma.

SmokingElectricity,

2clicker

Observer
SmokingElectricity said:
stinkmeaner said:

exactly. i'm willing to spend the dough to get a quality stem, but would it fit my bong? also the gasket issue. i can't be the first one with this dilemma.

im not sure the downstems with the GonG all around is going to work for you

im pretty sure you need one that has the female GonG (for the 7th floor adapter) and the regular slide style outside/male... if that makes sense...?

im pretty sure i have seen these, but i cant remember where

also the pic of the slider adapter you posted seems like it would work... unless of course the tubing wont fit on it

but instead of dropping 50-60 bux on a high quality Dstem why not just get a new piece all together? you can cop a nice straight tube or beaker for pretty cheap that will come with a diffused downstem

just an idea

2clicker,

stinkmeaner

2clicker said:
SmokingElectricity said:
stinkmeaner said:

im not sure the downstems with the GonG all around is going to work for you

im pretty sure you need one that has the female GonG (for the 7th floor adapter) and the regular slide style outside/male... if that makes sense...?

im pretty sure i have seen these, but i cant remember where

also the pic of the slider adapter you posted seems like it would work... unless of course the tubing wont fit on it

but instead of dropping 50-60 bux on a high quality Dstem why not just get a new piece all together? you can cop a nice straight tube or beaker for pretty cheap that will come with a diffused downstem

just an idea

Thanks for pointing that out 2Clicker, sometimes we all miss things and I missed the picture of his glass bong.

SmokingElectricity...those glass diffussers from AlexK, SYN, & Sovereignty are great but they surely cost more than the bong that you are going to put them in, if you want Gong ground glass then you should just buy a new inexpensive beaker or tube. You can get a great beaker from SYN for $90 or a Wil beaker for $80-90 that even has some color on it. If you need me to point you to a good place just ask. I would seriously consider upgrading to a new tube of (Quality American Glass) that has Gong already, I can tell you from experience that it will be one of the best purchases of your life.

stinkmeaner,

SmokingElectricity

^^^you maybe right, but i love this smoker. been with me along time. i actually watched it being made in pennsylvania a few years ago. it makes me sad seeing it chillin on the shelf while my DBV gets all the love. so if i can "breathe" new life into her. double win.

SmokingElectricity,

stinkmeaner

No one said you have to dump her, just think of yourself like a Mormon and taking on another wife.

stinkmeaner,

2clicker

Observer
SmokingElectricity said:
^^^you maybe right, but i love this smoker. been with me along time. i actually watched it being made in pennsylvania a few years ago. it makes me sad seeing it chillin on the shelf while my DBV gets all the love. so if i can "breathe" new life into her. double win.

its hard to part with things that have sentimental value

you could always find another use for it... like a vase or bookend or whatever

if you absolutely dont wanna give it up then ill be on the lookout for that adapter i thought i had seen somewhere

or the one you posted looks like it will work just fine. if it doesnt fit the tubing your using you could always to go etsy and have one of those cats make it for you.

in fact wait... just wait... what kind of downstem is on the bong now? and what kind of bowl do you currently have for that piece?

that bowl will most likely work as a tubing adapter itself... i know because ive done it

2clicker,
Top Bottom